The Dark Knight Rises Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Micromind

Avenger
Reaction score
I have noticed many things on repeated viewings. Many scenes that people were debating earlier.

I will start by saying that -

* I noticed that the Bat when flying over the sea, is switching on its jet engines, so its is not relying on its rotors to fly. So it can achieve Mach 1 speed.

* The last time we get to see Batman in the Bat cockpit, is followed by the Bat just flying over the sea, then followed by a scene of the timer showing 5 seconds remaining. which allows the possibility that Batman had turned on the auto pilot mode and then he ejected out of the Bat in time.

Last edited:
Both Lucuis and Alfred referring to Miranda as "Quite lovely" and Bruce having a reaction. Completely flew by me before.

And for some reason when Batman rescues Blake toward the end Bale seems to stop mid-punch as if he has forgotten his move. You have to sorta look for it but stood out to me

Also swear a few things had been cut...

Also swear a few things had been cut...

I watched a.... copy ... of the film a few weeks ago and Bruce's line to Selina: "I like your place!" wasn't in it.

Is it in the version you've watched?

I watched a.... copy ... of the film a few weeks ago and Bruce's line to Selina: "I like your place!" wasn't in it.

Is it in the version you've watched?
Yeah the version I watched still had that in...

In mine Alfred says "I would set you up with a chimpanzee if it brought you back to the world" though I swear he always said "real world".

I also can't recall this exactly but I swear Bane's punces on Batman's mask were a lot less brutal and slowed down and that Batman was a lot less bloddy when lying there in the sewer. I remember in the theater thinking he was quite bloody but couldn't see much if anything here.

Also, I see that Bane has arranged for the supplies (foods and other stuff) for the Cops held captive in the tunnels. (we see them lowering the boxes in the tunnels.) that would explain how the Cops survived for months there.

Also, I see that Bane has arranged for the supplies (foods and other stuff) for the Cops held captive in the tunnels. (we see them lowering the boxes in the tunnels.) that would explain how the Cops survived for months there.
Did you never notice that in the theater?

Did you never notice that in the theater?
I saw the movie on the opening day first show, then again after a week with friends.

It has been a long time, I must have forgotten that part. :oldrazz:

I saw the movie on the opening day first show, than again after a week with friends, I must have forgotten that part. :oldrazz:

Ah fair enough :woot: Until I watched it at home I always thought Bane said "Ray, then why are you people here?" at the stock exchange whereas it was infact "Really, then why are you people here?" :funny: Which makes much more sense.

Bruce kicked off a gun after Catwoman attacked the mercenary and uncuffed Fox.

Bruce was breathless and his voice was gruff when he said "not likely" after Selina kissed him at the ball.

Talia- "Suffering builds character."

One line I missed in theaters.

how could u just notice that?miranda even picked it up and Bruce put it down.Lol

I believe He means the photo on the piano seen when Alfred goes down to find Bruce in the cave for the 1st time.

When does she say this?

MIRANDA
Nobody's answering.

BRUCE WAYNE
No. I'm on my own now.

MIRANDA
Do you have keys?

BRUCE WAYNE
Never needed'em.

----------

BRUCE WAYNE
Hope you didn't like me for my money.

MIRANDA
Suffering builds character.

MIRANDA
I'll take care of your parents' legacy, Bruce.

-----------

[Later on]

PRISONER (to Bruce)
A child born in hell. Forged from suffering. Hardened by pain.

MIRANDA
Nobody's answering.

BRUCE WAYNE
No. I'm on my own now.

MIRANDA
Do you have keys?

BRUCE WAYNE
Never needed'em.

----------

BRUCE WAYNE
Hope you didn't like me for my money.

MIRANDA
Suffering builds character.

MIRANDA
I'll take care of your parents' legacy, Bruce.

-----------

[Later on]

PRISONER (to Bruce)
A child born in hell. Forged from suffering. Hardened by pain.

Ahhh yes I remember now. She says it quite quietly if I recall however I hadn't made the connection to the later scene so congrats for pointing that out

Caught a goof in the fight scene on the roof with Batman and Catwoman.
Catwoman does her little spin kick move, and I noticed in the background that there's a bright flash next to Batman, like gunfire, and the guy next to Batman drops. A couple more seconds of the fight passes and then then the mercenaries start shooting, and that guys gets shot in front of Batman, and Catwoman is in the background doing that same kick from before. So they show the same thing from two different angles a few seconds apart.

Can anyone confirm that this exact same expression is not there in the movie but it has a similar one.

tumblr_lwgxhfc4lI1qeyxlro1_250.gif

Can anyone confirm that this exact same expression is not there in the movie but it has a similar one.

tumblr_lwgxhfc4lI1qeyxlro1_250.gif
I can confirm that they're two different takes. His expression from the trailer is like he's sad almost and much more vulnerable. The take from the film he looked much more focused on Selina and her motives. But yeah, they're different takes.

Nolan is really bad in fight scenes, really. When Batman comes to save Blake, I noticed a mercenary who throws himself on the ground without being touched (in the foreground to the left and at the very beginning); I don't know what they did during the choreography.

The same thing i noticed was on the roof when Batman and Catwoman fight, just after Dagget look them, a mercenary falls alone, without being touched by Batman.

In the scene where Selina uncuffed Fox, I had doubts where Bruce was when I saw in cinemas. Rewatching, I finally got his position.
And Lucius's face there is awesome. :woot:
I got too right after Talia's death, only Gordon is really looking at her. Batman already run and Selina is looking around, I think where Batman is.
At the end, when Lucius want to know about The Bat's autopilot, the way the guy says "Bruce Wayne" is kinda he doesn't believe Bruce could fixed that. I mean, "he wasn't 'smart' enough to fix that".

Yeah the version I watched still had that in...

In mine Alfred says "I would set you up with a chimpanzee if it brought you back to the world" though I swear he always said "real world".

No he never said real world.

In the final fight between Bane and Batman I can notice little glimpses of Tom Hardy's stunt double. The eye-brows and face are very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"