The Dark Knight Rises Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

I think Buster is more noticeable in the sewer fight when Bane climbs down that chain. I felt JGL did better than when I first saw it. I also think a scene that I previously believed to have been misplaced (editing mistake) wasn't at all misplaced nor a mistake.

Did the shot of Bruce entering the charity ball make the film? I honestly can't remember if that was in the final cut or not.

Yeah the cinematography and symbolism of that shot was amazing. Too bad it was cut! :(

I'm not sure if it's just me, but during that police chase on Batman, did anyone ever get the impression that the cops involved in that chase were somewhat intimidated/afraid of Batman?

I mean it seems like there were times throughout the scene where they could have taken a shot at Batman with their guns and yet we would get close up shots on the officers for their reactions and everyone seemed hesitant to do anything towards Batman.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but during that police chase on Batman, did anyone ever get the impression that the cops involved in that chase were somewhat intimidated/afraid of Batman?

I mean it seems like there were times throughout the scene where they could have taken a shot at Batman with their guns and yet we would get close up shots on the officers for their reactions and everyone seemed hesitant to do anything towards Batman.

No; I think some like Folley wanted to bring him in for Dent's murder and some still supported him or were more concerned about the SE robbery.

I love the expressions of the rookie cop who shoots and misses at Batman, and the female cop who makes that PO'd face at Batman when he goes to make the jump with the Bat-pod.

Absolutely. You see it explicitly when the younger cop accidentally shoots at Batman and says sorry before the older one scolds him. Batman had built up quite a reputation in his absence, one could even call it legendary.

On another note, looking back it again, anyone else find it kind of funny in a strange way on how Blake is the only one show reacting negatively to the bomb going off after having seen the Bat take the bomb into sea while everyone else on the bridge is cheering despite the fact that everyone else had clearly seen Batman taking the bomb to the ocean? You think that the kids would look a little sad at first at seeing that their so called hero just got blown up saving them.lol

There is a second shot later where it shows the orphans on the bus and they seem kind of glum.

There is a second shot later where it shows the orphans on the bus and they seem kind of glum.

A part of me wonders at times that given on how secretive Nolan was for this set, that he only told Levitt on what he was really reacting to and perhaps told every other extra to just cheer as though batman had saved the day.

Just a small insignificant thing I noticed- when Gordon takes the podium at Harvey Dent day, you can see Selina way in the background walking towards Wayne Manor.

There's a tear in her eye. I didn't notice that! :(

imagegqpl.jpg

Was this cut? That part was so quick and I don't recall even seeing Bruce fight. I did see Bruce kicked off a gun after multiple viewings.

imagevxdw.jpg

Now I kinda understand more why they didn't make a big deal about Bane dying.

The bomb was going to go off in 11 minutes and kill everybody in Gotham, would you turn back and like have a death speech with Bane? Every second is precious in that situation.

The part where Selina frees Bruce and Fox is very quick and is not very clear.

There's also a weird jump cut between Blake watching the explosion (that he thinks is detonation) and him turning to tell the kids to get down. Presumably, JGL's reaction was too slow?

The bomb was going to go off in 11 minutes and kill everybody in Gotham, would you turn back and like have a death speech with Bane? Every second is precious in that situation.

But this is a movie.
If that was the case, Selina shouldn't stop to make her guns joke.
Batman and Selina shouldn't stop to kiss.
Batman, Selina and Gordon shouldn't stop to listen to Talia's silly death speech.
Batman shouldn't stop to give Gordon a long riddle about who he really is, and should instead say: "Look, dude, I'm Bruce Wayne, isn't that crazy? Peace!"

Oooh, I hadn't seen those two stills before kvz5. Thanks for posting them. The last day has been a goldmine.

The last time I saw TDKR, I almost had to laugh at that. It was like Selina bust in like, "All right guys, enough with this revenge and wallowing-in-pain crap, let's take care of this f***in' bomb already!" :funny:

MIRANDA
Nobody's answering.

BRUCE WAYNE
No. I'm on my own now.

MIRANDA
Do you have keys?

BRUCE WAYNE
Never needed'em.

----------

BRUCE WAYNE
Hope you didn't like me for my money.

MIRANDA
Suffering builds character.

MIRANDA
I'll take care of your parents' legacy, Bruce.
After I first saw TDKR, everytime she says that I'm all, "Sure you will, you b**ch! :cmad: " :funny:

Caught a goof in the fight scene on the roof with Batman and Catwoman.
Catwoman does her little spin kick move, and I noticed in the background that there's a bright flash next to Batman, like gunfire, and the guy next to Batman drops. A couple more seconds of the fight passes and then then the mercenaries start shooting, and that guys gets shot in front of Batman, and Catwoman is in the background doing that same kick from before. So they show the same thing from two different angles a few seconds apart.
I also think it's funny that she's wearing flats when the fighting really gets started. Oh, to be able to change heel height to fit your activity level! :funny:

Also, I never noticed it before, but during the bar shootout, Selina punches Stryver and elbows him headfirst into the table twice. :o It's akin to the plane's tail exploding twice from different angles in the prologue, although the Selina's punch is shot in very similar ways both times. I guess Nolan felt he needed to bookend the SWAT's arrival shot with some Selina badassery. :funny:

Also, the way that she drops the gun and turns toward the door as the last gunman runs out, expecting the SWAT to bust in right then (which they did), is pretty funny as well. And of course, her waving her hands around hysterically while screaming just gets better every time. :lmao:

The last time I saw TDKR, I almost had to laugh at that. It was like Selina bust in like, "All right guys, enough with this revenge and wallowing-in-pain crap, let's take care of this f***in' bomb already!" :funny:
But only after she gets a goodbye kiss. :hehe:

But only after she gets a goodbye kiss. :hehe:
Psh, there's always time for a goodbye kiss before the hero sacrifices himself! But not for revenge and this wallowing-in-pain crap. Not anymore. :funny:

Psh, there's always time for a goodbye kiss before the hero sacrifices himself! But not for revenge and this wallowing-in-pain crap. Not anymore. :funny:
There's always time for a goodbye kiss if it is Anne Hathaway in a cat suit

Tom Conti's character tells Bruce about the function of Bane's mask. I couldn't remember if that was in the theatrical cut or not (I only saw it once; since then I read a few reviews where the reviewers didn't know why Bane had the mask or what it did). Conti's character also mentioned there being a plague going around the Pit at the time Bane was mangled. Ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"