Batman Begins Things you notice the second time

Rachael Dawes "I'm a district attourney, let me pass!" That line gets weaker for me in every viewing. I didn't buy her character in begins, either due to Katie Holmes, or just poor writing.

A little bit of both. Katie Holmes playing an unnecessary character.

Hmm. A lot of people seem not to like Holmes' character and performance, I for one enjoyed her character very much and thought she did a great job in the movie. I was devastated when she was replaced for TDK

Im realizing it more BB is better than TDK. I even find Bale's acting better than TDK. There's something lacking in him in TDK that I cant point out.

100% agree with you. I believe he is a much better Batman in BB.

All the people bringing up the concerns about how Batman causes collateral damage and endangers people's lives - this was noted by Alfred when he argued with Bruce about the Tumbler chase in BB. Batman knows he takes risks to save certain lives.

All the people bringing up the concerns about how Batman causes collateral damage and endangers people's lives - this was noted by Alfred when he argued with Bruce about the Tumbler chase in BB. Batman knows he takes risks to save certain lives.

Well if he risked HIS life in order to save orther people's lives then it'd be more than okay. But he endangered many policemen lives only to save his girls' one.

And yes, Alfred addressed the life endangering alright. But Gordon didn't seem to care too much about it and created a bat-signal to "officialy" state his alliance with the guy.

Rachael Dawes "I'm a district attourney, let me pass!" That line gets weaker for me in every viewing. I didn't buy her character in begins, either due to Katie Holmes, or just poor writing.
It's weird, District Attorney can't really help in such a crisis
A little bit of both. Katie Holmes playing an unnecessary character.
I think she made good making Bruce see reality of the city

my understanding is that Rachel wasnt DA. She actually said "Im from District Attorney's Office"

Last edited:
Hmm. Well, I couldve sworn she said she was from DA's office, our minds can play tricks on us sometimes. Plus, in the scrip she's "Assistant District Attorney" and I think its also mentioned in the movie

Edit: wait, she WAS assistant DA, but when Finch died she became a DA

Yeah, that's nagged at me since the first viewing. It seems like there's less heart and soul in his face and his voice - but maybe the writing has something to do with it too. Or perhaps they were going for a different sort of air about the character - like he's worn down or something.

You're right, that was the idea. In a whole bunch of interviews, Nolan and Bale say Bruce has matured in TDK. He's more focused than ever, but at the same time he's being worn down by the responsibility of maintaining his power. :) Personally, I dig it.

Hmm. Well, I couldve sworn she said she was from DA's office, our minds can play tricks on us sometimes. Plus, in the scrip she's "Assistant District Attorney" and I think its also mentioned in the movie

Edit: wait, she WAS assistant DA, but when Finch died she became a DA

Yep, true.

After Bruce's parents die, he steeps in it by the window and is unresponsive to Alfred. When Alfred says 'Very well then' and begins to leave, young Bruce responds with a tearful 'Alfred..', stopping him. Alfred then proceeds to encourage Bruce with a bit of wisdom.

A deliberate reflection of this happens in The Dark Knight when Rachel dies. :up: Love it..

I know! And the best thing is that both scenes share a common b.g. music. Very sad, water-like drops.

You're right, that was the idea. In a whole bunch of interviews, Nolan and Bale say Bruce has matured in TDK. He's more focused than ever, but at the same time he's being worn down by the responsibility of maintaining his power. :) Personally, I dig it.

I think Bruce's character was a lot better in TDK because he was so cold. Reminds me of Bale from Equilibrium. I think he did great. Another thing is that whenever I'm thinking about the character in Batman Begins I see Bruce Wayne, but whenever I'm thinking The Dark Knight I see Batman. Somehow the mask and the cowl and those squinting eyes coalesce into a on its own. Plus, almost everything about Batman in TDK corresponds to bats.

One thing that's bugging me now is...

If the Tumbler is destroyed, how does 'Batman' get out of the 'cave' beneath manor?

The one thing that really bothers me is having the Waynes go to the opera for Die Fledermaus, instead of going to see The Mark of Zorro. I get it that the bat is Bruce's fear but I think the falling into the well/cave thing serves that purpose. No need to have made Bruce inadvertantly responsible for his parents' murders by having him get scared at the opera.

Having him be enamored of Zorro or a similar swashbuckling vigilante character would give us a look into what makes Bruce susceptible to even putting on a costume and fighting crime in the first place.

The general lack of detectiving in both films kind of sucks. Particularly when one of the comic stories that served as inspiration for BB has Bruce flittering through college studying criminology and the like. Even nearly joining the FBI.

I didn't notice this during my second viewing, but during my last one(which was probably my 10th or something like that :woot:). During the scene in which Rachel brings Bruce his birthday gift there is a large number '30' on the wall behind Bruce which I was kind of amazed that I didn't notice until now. Anyway, I was happy to have a definitive age for Bruce in the movie(although I was estimating he'd be around 30 anyway). So, did anyone else notice this or failed to notice it during their first viewing?

In that same scene when he opens the present. He just throws the paper on the ground lol, I guess for someone else to clean up. It's funny when you notice it.

When Rachael goes up to Ra's men right before he uses the Microwave Emitter, she says to one of the fake swat memebers, "What the hell do you think your doing?"

The cop just points and stares at her while the camera pans over to Ras, but it's sooooo funny.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

/point

In that same scene when he opens the present. He just throws the paper on the ground lol, I guess for someone else to clean up. It's funny when you notice it.

"Someone"? Just say it: Alfred.

This just finally hit me the other day, and I've seen the film more times than I can count.

Chill's gun from Batman Begins:

chillgun.PNG

Jack's gun from Batman '89:

gunwayne.PNG

Very
similar.

I don't think that was intentional. The gun is pretty much always depicted as a revolver in the Wayne murders.

Not all revolvers look like that. There are pretty specific contours and shapes and proportions.

Bruce Wayne's revolver in Begins looks much different, for example.

Or even Joker's in '89. :funny:

Not all revolvers look like that. There are pretty specific contours and shapes and proportions.

Bruce Wayne's revolver in Begins looks much different, for example.

Or even Joker's in '89. :funny:

Yeah but that depends on the length of the muzzle and the round capacity of the barrel.
But what I actually meant was that those revolvers can very well be made by different companies, and still look the same.
All the basic elements are there because it's the design of this kind of gun.

But actually I don't know why we are discussing over this.
That is even more senseless than trunks vs. no trunks. :woot:

Yeah but that depends on the length of the muzzle and the round capacity of the barrel.
But what I actually meant was that those revolvers can very well be made by different companies, and still look the same.
All the basic elements are there because it's the design of this kind of gun.

The point I'm making is, maybe the similarity is intentional rather than coincidental. You don't need to explain how and why different revolvers are different, because I pointed out that they're different period. The bottom line is that these ones aren't very different.

But actually I don't know why we are discussing over this.
That is even more senseless than trunks vs. no trunks. :woot:

No, it's really not senseless, or anything like trunks vs. no trunks. It's potentially a charming reference to Burton's Batman - as other elements of Nolan's movies have been.

Well if he risked HIS life in order to save orther people's lives then it'd be more than okay. But he endangered many policemen lives only to save his girls' one.

And yes, Alfred addressed the life endangering alright. But Gordon didn't seem to care too much about it and created a bat-signal to "officialy" state his alliance with the guy.

Yeah i watched the movie tonight for the 1st time in a bit and was a bit taken back at how hard he battled the cops.

The scene where the cops are right behind him in the tumbler, i though he was gonna deploy road spikes or something instead he drops down mini grenades that cause the cops cars to flip over into the air. I mean in reality you would have a lot of dead cops on his hands there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"