Batman Begins Things you notice the second time

Another thing I noticed on one of my earlier viewings of BB is the similarity between the birthday sequence and the end of TDK. Specifically when Bruce becomes aware of Ra's and his ninjas' presence at his birthday party; he proceeds to make a fool of himself, worsening his public image further in order to protect his guests. At the end of TDK he does something similar, but this time sacrifices his image as Batman in order to protect the citizens from the realization that their 'White Knight' has been corrupted. The scene from BB was definitely not meant to foreshadow anything, but after analyzing TDK's ending I couldn't help but think of that scene in BB.

Another thing I noticed on one of my earlier viewings of BB is the similarity between the birthday sequence and the end of TDK. Specifically when Bruce becomes aware of Ra's and his ninjas' presence at his birthday party; he proceeds to make a fool of himself, worsening his public image further in order to protect his guests. At the end of TDK he does something similar, but this time sacrifices his image as Batman in order to protect the citizens from the realization that their 'White Knight' has been corrupted. The scene from BB was definitely not meant to foreshadow anything, but after analyzing TDK's ending I couldn't help but think of that scene in BB.

Nice! :up: I hadn't connected those two before.

Nice! :up: I hadn't connected those two before.

Heh, I think it's cool to find such scenes in Nolan's Bat-films, considering he hadn't committed to making TDK while making BB. I think it really shows that the man keeps true to his words of coming and making a sequel only if he has a good story to tell. It bodes well for TDKR.

The film get more visually claustrophobic as it goes on. From huge mountain ranges, to bruces home and buildings, to the narrows, and finally the monorail car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"