Vaughn on Thor Casting!

Yeah well even so Not sure if Blake will be in the film or not at THIS point.

I just read that Transformers 2 has nabbed June 26, 2009 as a release date and GI Joe has August 7, 2009. Avatar will own December 2009.

What would be the best time to release Thor, providing they can get production in to gear soon? Could they make the July 4th weekend next year? Ice Age III is there but nothing else. A lame video game movie (Prince of Persia) hits July 10 but it is a Jerry Bruckheimer/Disney project with a budget of over $150 million. Should they even try or wait until 2010? If they do wait, how does Spider-Man 4/FF3/Silver Surfer/Magneto come in to play in terms of release dates?

I'm confused... damn writers strike.

Got another link that one isn't working.
When was it dated? Because Vaughn said McKidd wasn't going to be Thor, BUT, he didn't say McKidd WASN'T going to be in the Thor Movie.

Nobody is filming Thor the initial funding for that film was extended to Septeber 08. Maybe test screening. Unless you meant that says it's gonna film in NY which it might partially.

thords3.jpg

Hmmm still tho it does have McKidd listed, just doesn't say as Thor tho.

Yup Wish we knew the cast Vaughn wants.

I like Craig, but, he looks older than Mckidd if you ask me.

Oh man, I just watched Stardust yesterday, and it was visually really stunning (the plot was nice too of course)! Matthew Vaughn is definetly the man for this job... but let us know who will be Thor allready!!!

Oh man, I just watched Stardust yesterday, and it was visually really stunning (the plot was nice too of course)! Matthew Vaughn is definetly the man for this job... but let us know who will be Thor allready!!!

That's a great movie! And now that you talked about it... What if Vaughn casts Henry Cavill as Thor? He was in Stardust (he even wore a blond wig in it lol), is in his mid twenties (the age Thor wil be in the movie) and is english (Vaughn said he's considering an english actor for the role).

Makes you think, uh?

Didn't he also say he wanted someone with "balls"?

Cavill is somewhat lacking in this department me-thinks...

I think he's quite good in The Tudors, and his character is not far from the vain, full of pride Thor from the first act of the script. Let's put it this way: nothing in Gerard Butler's filmography could indicate he would be such a badass Leonidas. So, maybe Cavill could pull it off. Anyway, I haven't seen much of him to build a positive or negative opinion about the guy.

I was (and I suppose Vaughn was too) refering to THOR's physique and ability to be really imposing and even scary.

In that case Butler wins hugely with your reference.

I don't know... I think all the spartans are more cut and athletic than huge, you know what I mean? In my opinion, 300 is one of the best evidences that you don't need to be a huge bodybuilder or a steroid freak to be physically imposing. I believe that if a guy like Cavill hit the gym like the 300 cast did, he could end up with a body like Leonidas'. And a Thor with that frame would be ok for me.

But, of course, I've been wrong before...:cwink:

Edit: I have read the script (the one dated 04.04.2007) and believe me, while being arrogant in the first act (think Achilles in Troy), Thor is never depicted as "scary". On the contrary, on his journey to become a better man/god, he is shown as a noble warrior, an inspiring leader, compassionate to the people of Midgard. Think something like a young Maximus in Gladiator, only humbler. Now Loki, that's a scary guy.

Well Loki wasn't too scary at first, in fact I rather thought he was actually pretty much out of character in the begining. Just about a complete opposite of what he is.
It Reads VERY well.

You know, I found him very human, with his doubts and self-loathing... and I don't know why, I happen to think this is scarier. When the monster is one of us, one of our family, or one with imperfections you can relate to, that makes the portrait much more disturbing.
It`s like comparing the forgettable, non-entity vampires in 30 Days of Night with that Boris Karloff vampire, in Mario Bava's 1963 movie, "Black Sabbath". He plays a Wurdalak, a kind of old russian folklore vampire that can only feed on the blood of the ones he loved most when alive. Well, in this movie he comes back to feed on his family. There's not much special effects (as in 30 days...) but the idea of a once beloved patriarch feeding on his own sons and grandsons... it's chilling.
But that's just an example of how I think that an evil character within a good family can be powerful... and scary. And he has his reasons, his pain, his jealousy... that makes him very compelling. In some way, he reminded me a lot of Commodus in Gladiator.

Yeah I enjoyed it however it felt at times that they were underfunded.

I'm going to have to watch Stardust. I wanted to see it in the theater but work messed up my shedual at the time the movie was out.

I don't know... I think all the spartans are more cut and athletic than huge, you know what I mean? In my opinion, 300 is one of the best evidences that you don't need to be a huge bodybuilder or a steroid freak to be physically imposing. I believe that if a guy like Cavill hit the gym like the 300 cast did, he could end up with a body like Leonidas'. And a Thor with that frame would be ok for me.

But, of course, I've been wrong before...:cwink:

Edit: I have read the script (the one dated 04.04.2007) and believe me, while being arrogant in the first act (think Achilles in Troy), Thor is never depicted as "scary". On the contrary, on his journey to become a better man/god, he is shown as a noble warrior, an inspiring leader, compassionate to the people of Midgard. Think something like a young Maximus in Gladiator, only humbler. Now Loki, that's a scary guy.

When I said "scary" I didn't mean it as scary looking or "so big he's scary", but more so imposing (regally) and charismatic it's scary, like Maximus, Leonidas or Gibson's William Wallace.

And I'd prefer someone who didn't look as boyish as Cavill. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"