Vaughn on Thor Casting!

Rory McCann

Seriously, look him up. He played Attila the Hun in a drama for the BBC (English TV). He can act and hes not some young pretty boy, but hes not too old either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bank/programmes_tv/bbcone_autumn2007/300warriors_mccann.jpg

I checked his imdb.com profile. His biography starts interrestingly:"Six foot six inches tall."

But then:"brown eyes and dark hair."

Doesn't really strike me as norse type. And he was in Oliver Stone's Alexander, where Colin Farrell - who is also dark haired etc. - had the worst fake blonde hair and eyebrows in the history of cinema. I think Rory McCann would look just as ridiculous as Farrell did.

And not only is he too dark, he is too old too.
rory_mccann_1.jpg

True, true the dark hair could be a problem, although I'd like to see a manip of him with blonde hair.

There's not many photos of him out there. But looking at this picture, he looks old... :D
15272_large.jpg

He looked fine in Atilla the Hun, and that was as recent as a few weeks ago. Although there was a younger co-star in the very same show that was the spitting image of Ultimate Thor.

Although he annoyed me as an actor.

keep in mind Thor's in his early to mid 20's in the movie. He does have that Thor look tho.

I know some of you guys will whine, about this suggestion, but Brad Pitt has the looks the acting chops and box office draw to play Thor.

Thank god he's getting an unknown. These movies need to be about the story and characters, not like Daredevil where the movie was about Ben affleck and the movie was almost an afterthought.

I know some of you guys will whine, about this suggestion, but Brad Pitt has the looks the acting chops and box office draw to play Thor.
Actually I wouldn't Whine about Pitt, but, I wouldn't whine about Karl Urban either after seeing Pathfinder.
Both actors look plenty young enough for the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"