World Thor Comics

I pre-ordered mine in February. It's supposed to be shipped next week, so hopefully I'll wake up one day and see that sweet, sweet shipment notification e-mail in my inbox. I've read it twice already, but I'm looking forward to re-reading it at full size, all in one go. :up:

My Thor: Son Of Asgard TPB was dispatched almost two weeks early for some reason. Heard great things, can't wait to read it.
What I have of SoA I love. I read some of the trade at Barnes and Noble awhile ago.

Trade's either been released already or is being released next week, depending on where you order it from, Vartha. ;)

Hmm then where'd I read the story? I know I read it, I don't think I had the whole run before the flood.

No, they came out as two small digests before. This time they're releasing the whole series in one full-size trade paperback. :up:

Could any of you tell me Loki's origin? I'm quite new to the Thor universe, I know a lot about him, but I'm a bit confused about the whole Frostgiants being Loki's parents? :confused:

Loki was born a frost giant runt, so he's actually around the same size as a normal human or a god. Because of this, his father basically treated him like crap. Odin led the Asgardians in a raid on his father's kingdom, killed Loki's father, and adopted Loki. Odin raised him alongside his son Thor, but Loki's natural tendency toward cunning and sorcery over more battle-oriented skills led the very warrior-centric Asgardians to look down on him. Additionally, Loki's own sense that he didn't belong and his inferiority complex compared to Thor grew over the years into full-blown jealousy of Thor and hatred of Odin for not treating him as well as Thor. Since around his adolescence, he's been doggedly attempting to both earn Odin's acceptance and take revenge on him, Thor, and the other Asgardians for perceived slights by taking over Asgard through various schemes and tricks.

No problem. Probably the best Loki story ever was a mini-series called Loki by Robert Rodi and Esad Ribic. Really gets you inside Loki's head and shows you his perspective on a lot of things. It's being re-released as a hardcover with the title Thor and Loki: Blood Brothers pretty soon. If you can spare the $25 or $30 for it, I'd highly recommend picking that up. :up:

I'll try and scrape the money, I just read the JMS Vol. 1 with Olivier Coipel, loved it! I need to get the other volumes!

Heh yeah Thor's more than a Guy with a big Hammer. :D Many people don't realize that.

Son Of Asgard was pretty darn brilliant. :up: Horrible paper quality though.

I have a glossy paper pages of it. You got the trades right Dee?

I have a glossy paper pages of it. You got the trades right Dee?

Yeah. I took a glass of water and turned the page and Loki got his face half tore off, and my finger was barely wet when I checked! :csad:

Yeah. I took a glass of water and turned the page and Loki got his face half tore off, and my finger was barely wet when I checked! :csad:
That stinks Dee. I had that happen once too. Tho the recent mess ups were either Thor 7 or 8 with me the staples were so tight in the comic book the center pages ripped out!

That stinks Dee. I had that happen once too. Tho the recent mess ups were either Thor 7 or 8 with me the staples were so tight in the comic book the center pages ripped out!

Urg! I hate when the centre pages get ripped out, it happened to my 'Old Man Logan' issue 7. I was majorly peeved.:ikyn

Hey, man! That comic was awesome! I sat through the delays and everything lol :woot:

HMMM Found Ultimate Thor #1 rather interesting.
ONE thing that stuck me odd is Ulik being the Troll Forging Mjolnir. Hope the Dwarves are going to be IN Ultimate Thor.
Still having an origin for Ulty Thor is a good thing, just to point out the differences in the two universes.
In a strange way I'm enjoying the book so far because right off they go into myth with the use of runes, where in 616 back in the day they seemed to avoid the magiks in the 616 universe until late in volume one.

Tho with first Thunder and the retelling of 616 origin I really wish they had chosen a different artist Tan Eng Huat is just not a favorite of mine. The series so far is better than I thought it'd be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"