Endgame Thor/God of Thunder - Chris Hemsworth

Concept art from IW.

David ⚡️ (@akaspidey) | Twitter

DrA7WOMX4AMMrt0.jpg

DrA7XNhX0AIVycS.jpg

DrA7YUXWsAEessu.jpg

DrA7ZL2XQAIoel1.jpg

That black and white look in the first image seems to be the inspiration for his look in Avengers 4.

So many awesome Thor images there!

I kind of like the way Stormbreaker hangs on Thor's back in that bit of concept art. Stormbreaker is such a massive weapon. Also we can really feel the heaviness and power that thing possesses when Thor is wielding it against the Outriders... There are no fast movements with that thing, in that regard mjolnir was a much easier and faster weapon to wield... Stormbreaker is harder to wield but more devastating for sure.

Also i liked the eyepatch. Hopefully we get it back later down the line and the uru arm as well. That would be the perfect Old King Thor look.

Thor with a gun? No thank you. With a sword? If done right it could look really cool.

I kind of like the way Stormbreaker hangs on Thor's back in that bit of concept art. Stormbreaker is such a massive weapon. Also we can really feel the heaviness and power that thing possesses when Thor is wielding it against the Outriders... There are no fast movements with that thing, in that regard mjolnir was a much easier and faster weapon to wield... Stormbreaker is harder to wield but more devastating for sure.

Also i liked the eyepatch. Hopefully we get it back later down the line and the uru arm as well. That would be the perfect Old King Thor look.

Thor with a gun? No thank you. With a sword? If done right it could look really cool.
I really hope Old King Thor is on the cards for the future some day. And I would love to see Thor with both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir in one shot. :funny: He can throw them and wait for a return so he doesn't even have to strictly juggle 2 weapons. ;)

Oh wow those are cool images. I cannot wait to see what he looks like in A4!

Thor is one character who will be hard to top from his last 2 performances. If they can manage that then they are going to blow the cinema doors off!

Thor is one character who will be hard to top from his last 2 performances. If they can manage that then they are going to blow the cinema doors off!

Fingers crossed.

The bar is so high that it's not going to happen unfortunately. Not in A4 anyways. The focus will be, as the Russos said, on the characters that weren't on the spotlight in IW. So i guess Captain America, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye... will be the ones to really have their time to shine this time around.

I still expect Thor to have some good showings but nothing on the scale of awesomeness of Ragnarok and IW.

Having said all of this i do think that these 2 last performances can still be topped in the future. With a Thor 4 and/or an Avengers 6/7... Just add to the mix Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer... And the way to really blow the cinema doors off would be this. Old King Thor saving everyone with a last stand against Galactus.

4aea0c751aa2cf16d383d0a07ca8d09d.jpg

giphy.gif

The bar is so high that it's not going to happen unfortunately. Not in A4 anyways. The focus will be, as the Russos said, on the characters that weren't on the spotlight in IW. So i guess Captain America, Hulk, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye... will be the ones to really have their time to shine this time around.

I still expect Thor to have some good showings but nothing on the scale of awesomeness of Ragnarok and IW.

Having said all of this i do think that these 2 last performances can still be topped in the future. With a Thor 4 and/or an Avengers 6/7... Just add to the mix Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer... And the way to really blow the cinema doors off would be this. Old King Thor saving everyone with a last stand against Galactus.

4aea0c751aa2cf16d383d0a07ca8d09d.jpg

giphy.gif
Even if they don't focus on Thor much in Avengers 4, he can do a lot in a short amount of time. :cool:

And King Thor in the future can top what we've seen to date for sure. Things have improved so much from the TDW days.

Old King Thor vs Galactus battles are the stuff of legends.

That concept art from IW. The stuff that seems to be inspiration for A4.
Is it just me or he kind of looks like a Dragonball Z character.

tumblr_phscviSE9Z1v1kdseo7_1280.jpg

Haha, it looks better than that toy concept from a while back.

So this almost happened in IW. Thor, Rocket and Groot fighting giant serpents.
Even though i would have loved to have seen that i also thing Marvel should save the whole "serpent angle" for what could possibly be a Thor vs Middgard Serpent in a future movie.

avengers-infinity-war-thor-rocket-raccoon-fight-giant-serpents-1143409.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. (and if Thor ever has to be killed off, for whatever reason, what better way to do it than to have him die fighting the Midgard Serpent - since that's how he is killed in Norse mythology).
I would rather see King Thor going down in a last epic stand against Galactus.

Even though i would have loved to have seen that i also thing Marvel should save the whole "serpent angle" for what could possibly be a Thor vs Middgard Serpent in a future movie.

I hope we can get that in a Thor 4 or some other kind of combo-team film.

Very cool and something I can definitely see them saving for a future Thor movie. I wonder how they were going to even fit stuff like this in IW? It looks like there was suppose to be a lot more to the whole Weapon quest, but Groot looks fully grown in that concept art. It's interesting to say the least.

Is Groot likely to be fully grown in Avengers 4?

Out of knowhere(Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary) comes the description of Gamora’s sword.

‘Gamora’s retractable sword, Godslayer, is so named as it can kill even an Asgardian.’

You don’t say... this is too specific to be taken lightly. I have a bad feeling about this. I predicted a while back that Thor’s death could actually come to fruition if certain pieces of the puzzle would align. I sure hope not though... it would be a damn tragedy.

Out of knowhere(Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary) comes the description of Gamora’s sword.

You don’t say... this is too specific to be taken lightly. I have a bad feeling about this. I predicted a while back that Thor’s death could actually come to fruition if certain pieces of the puzzle would align. I sure hope not though... it would be a damn tragedy.
Damn, they can't kill Thor! The whole MCU would suddenly lose some of its sparkle.

Damn, they can't kill Thor! The whole MCU would suddenly lose some of its sparkle.

Maybe it could point to Hela's death? Or Valkyrie - she's an Asgardian? They can't kill Thor.

*he prays*

Maybe it could point to Hela's death? Or Valkyrie - she's an Asgardian? They can't kill Thor.

*he prays*
Good point. I’d rather it’s wasnt’t used to kill anyone though. Unless Hela comes back in a starring role.

Good point. I’d rather it’s wasnt’t used to kill anyone though. Unless Hela comes back in a starring role.

I know. I really want to see Hela go up against Thanos actually.

I know. I really want to see Hela go up against Thanos actually.
That would be amazing! Give her a few Infinity Stones too to even the score. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"