Endgame Thor/God of Thunder - Chris Hemsworth

tumblr_pjdjb9Vfa51r460jmo4_540.gif
Poor Thor, he must be feeling so guilty. I just want him to be happy.

He just can't catch a break.

murphys-law.png

Could he be even more distraught to have found out that the remaining Asgardian refugees that escaped Thanos were themselves "halved"? At this point, how many of his people are even left to lead? Is he looking at the potential end of the Asgardian race?

He must thinking. Why not the arm?? Why not the head??? Why not the arrmmm dammit!!!

Good point. It will be interesting to see how he might be blaming himself. Thor's stuff in IW with Rocket was a great look under the hood of the character and now there's even more stuff to play with dramatically if they wish to. Some fallout from IW in terms of his actions at the end should play into things.

Theres no BRB.

If Thor gets shafted for Ms Marvel, A4 is probably my final MCU movie. Ive stated before I started getting burnout, but if Ms Marvel (not even a herald tier character, which Thor has now eclipsed the MCU equivilant of) kills Thanos with Thor's weapon..well that'll be all she wrote

I'll be right with you on that bro, I'll hang up my MCU gloves for good if this happens.

Is there even talk of Carol killing Thanos with Stormbreaker? Honest question.

Thor must be carrying a lot of guilt. Gamora and Quill played a part in Thanks victory, but they are not alive to see the consequence. Thor is, and that must be killing him inside.

Yeah Thor is no doubt suffering the guilt of not stopping Thanos when he had the chance. Combine that with what happend to his people on the Asgardian ship and the dude has been through a lot in just a matter of hours.

Thor of course still feels guilt because of his own people but also because he probably feels responsible for all the lives lost in the Snap hence the look on his face

I feel like the last movie took a step back in the sense that he became reliant on his hammer again. I would have liked to have seen him using lighting on Thanos at the beginning and spraying it in the final battle. Hopefully we'll see him using it like Ragnarok again

I feel like the last movie took a step back in the sense that he became reliant on his hammer again. I would have liked to have seen him using lighting on Thanos at the beginning and spraying it in the final battle. Hopefully we'll see him using it like Ragnarok again

Thor didn't even need Stormbreaker because if he had just used his lightning force much like he did in Ragnarok when he fought his sister Hela then it would have been even better

The lightning is Thor's innate power.
Mjolnir was a great weapon but one made for him to "control and focus" his power.

After Ragnarok Thor isn't reliant on any weapon to help him control his power. The power is there and now Thor can manifest it and control it at will, as seen in the bridge scene from Ragnarok...

Then we have the events of Infinity War. We don't see what happens when Thanos and the Black Order board the ship. What we see is a defeated Thor, that tells us that his efforts against Thanos with the Power Stone and the Black Order simply didn't work. He wasn't powerful enough. We don't know if Thanos used the Power Stone, if the Black Order helped and if Thor used his lightning abilities. Any and all of these options are possible.

Thor then understands that, even with his new found control of his powerful abilities, he needs that extra boost in order to face a gauntlet wielding Thanos with multiple stones... Thor knows and even says that Thanos is the most powerful being on the universe. Thor's abilities, even though great, aren't a match for the amount of power Thanos was wielding when he had several stones... Hence getting a weapon that could in theory level the playing field and defeat Thanos.

In the Wakanda battle Thor is seen both naturally controlling is lightning power and using it in conjunction with the power of Stormbreaker. Thor isn't reliant on Stormbreaker to show his true power but he needs the weapon to face the most powerful being in the universe and have a chance at taking him down.

Last edited:
Thor really should have gone for the head or he at the very least should have used Stormbreaker to cut off Thanos' arm which of course had the Gauntlet on it...a lot of this could have been prevented if Thor was really using his brain

Thor really should have gone for the head or he at the very least should have used Stormbreaker to cut off Thanos' arm which of course had the Gauntlet on it...a lot of this could have been prevented if Thor was really using his brain
Thor was consumed by vengeful feelings that clouded his judgement. He said it so himself:
"Rage and vengeance, anger, loss, regret... they're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind. So I'm good to go."
So those feelings are indeed motivators but have also have a negative connotation to them. Those feelings gave him a goal, a purpose... He was determined to have his revenge even at the cost of his own life. He basically had a severe case of tunnel vision and his pride took the better of him.

Thor also said:
Well, if I’m wrong, what more could I lose?
Thor was blindsided by his own determination. He felt so bad about everything he lost that he didn't even considered more of the bigger picture, his earthly friends, fellow avengers, the rest of his people... Thor was on a "succeed or die trying" mission.

Not all bad came out of Thor's fixation to avenge the people he lost. Thor's absolute determination allowed him to do what was necessary in order to build Stormbreaker. He put his life on the line for that weapon. A weapon capable of killing the most powerful being in the universe. Even if Thor had died the weapon was there to be used for it's intended purpose.

In the end of the day Thor didn't die and he ended up using Stormbreaker to achieve his goal of revenge. For a fraction of a second Thor got what he wanted but he was still too blind to see the bigger picture and finally started to realized his mistake when Thanos snapped his fingers. Now Thor truly understands the error of his ways and has to live with it...

tumblr_pjdgfkeaQI1snteogo5_540.gif

Having said all of this Stormbreaker has to play a role in taking down Thanos.
If it doesn't achieve it's goal of putting an end to Thanos then that whole arc(building Stormbreaker) from Infinity War loses most, if not all, of it's importance and not only makes Thor's journey and actions weightless but also make IW a weaker movie.

Plus this is Thor's return to Earth...Thor hasn't been on Earth since Ultron

One thing about this theory i think is very interesting is the "half sister" quote.
I never noticed Thor had actually said that. So Hela is Thor's half sister... It's a big deal and raises a lot of questions.

Who is Hela's mother? It isn't Frigga. Who did Odin hook up with thousands of years ago?
In the recent comics Odin had a previous relationship with the female avatar of the Phoenix Force. So i guess this lays the ground work for Odin's relationship in the MCU with some other powerful entity in the past.

Hela is insanely powerful. Much more than Thor himself... How does that happen, does the age factor really plays a roll in the asgardians level of power? Because in the comics it does for Thor as he becomes more powerful as he grows older. Why is Hela called the goddess of death? Could Death be her real mother? That would be mind blowing and would have a massive impact on Thor's mythology and his and Hela's future in the MCU.

Image-173a-600x238.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I too have always wondered who Hela's mother is

I am very, very keen to see Thor's demeanor and emotional state after being so incredibly close to killing Thanos and preventing The Decimation. This could be yet another great performance from Hemsworth.

Last edited:
I am very, very keen to see Thor's demeanor and emotional state after being so incredibly close to killing Thanos and preventing The Decimation. This could be yet another great performance from Hemsworth.
I doubt he’s going to be feeling too hot. He’s going to be plotting his revenge and ready to go to town on Thanos when the time comes. Emotions probably all over the place.

Hemsworth has really knocked it out of the park with his last two performances in Ragnarok and IW. I can't wait to see what they will do with him here as well.

Hemsworth has really knocked it out of the park with his last two performances in Ragnarok and IW. I can't wait to see what they will do with him here as well.
Same here. Although I really hope it isn’t the last we see of him in the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"