Endgame Thor/God of Thunder - Chris Hemsworth

60143299_2263094243777323_7973631566985297920_n.jpg

And you just know Gunn's gonna use Fat Thor, he can't pass up the easy laughs
:(

Basically for the two BIGGEST films in the MCU Thor's power was durability. We're talking the God of Thunder here. More was expected.
Slapping the ground and destroying an army in Wakanda too. Also causing a serious injury to 6 stone Thanos after he’d just brushed away all the other Avengers.

And you just know Gunn's gonna use Fat Thor, he can't pass up the easy laughs
:(
He’ll probably have Thor start like that and then lose it halfway through with some kind of “you’re still fat” joke from Rocket about Star-Lord.

Not really. Nebula could have told them to go get it from Knowhere instead.

I suspect they considered it offscreen, but discarded that option as being too risky. Its a narrower window to work with, and requires running afoul of both the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Collector. Whereas Plan Asgard, Thor is intimately familiar with the place and time, and has a lot more leeway in terms of expected reaction ( ie, he's Thor, and this is his home and family ).

Also, re: Fat Thor in Guardians, you know who else is "fat"? Power lifters. :p

Thor doesn't need to be chiseled to be Thor, and he didn't really need it in Endgame either. He needed his mind to be in the game, and once it was? Insert fight with Thanos. I suspect he'll be fine in Guardians 3.

oh please Rocket is gonna train him to some awesome music

LIFT IT *****! LIFT IT!

I can just picture it :funny:

"Thicc" is one thing, lookin like a World's Strongest Man competitor is fine
but those dudes don't have jiggly bits... their thick-ass midsections are solid, even though they don't look like Mr. Universe

The Nutty Profe-thor needs to go lol

Thor doesn't need to be chiseled to be Thor, and he didn't really need it in Endgame either. He needed his mind to be in the game, and once it was? Insert fight with Thanos. I suspect he'll be fine in Guardians 3.
His mind was in the game.
Based on how he fared, his body certainly wasn't.

Anyway, I don't actually mind Fat Thor. I had an issue with Joke Thor, or Useless Thor. Which was basically everything after the "went for the head" moment...

I suspect they considered it offscreen, but discarded that option as being too risky. Its a narrower window to work with, and requires running afoul of both the Guardians of the Galaxy and the Collector. Whereas Plan Asgard, Thor is intimately familiar with the place and time, and has a lot more leeway in terms of expected reaction ( ie, he's Thor, and this is his home and family ).

How is it a narrower window? The Aether was on Knowhere for 5 years before Thanos came looking for it in IW. Compare that to Asgard, where Jane and the Aether were only there for like 2-3 days at most.

Slapping the ground and destroying an army in Wakanda too. Also causing a serious injury to 6 stone Thanos after he’d just brushed away all the other Avengers.

He threw Stormbreaker, which did all the damage on the ground. Then he darted thru the containment ships and they kept cutting away from the action.

I'm sorry, but that's not even close to the badassery he's capable of. Scenes like wrecking the Frost Giants countryside and then the Rainbrow Bridge brawl at the end of Ragnarok spring to mind. Again, God of Thunder. So much more could be done, but the writer's refuse. I saw him bottleneck the wormhole in the original Avengers. You mean to tell me he couldn't cast down lightning to wipe out a massive amount of Outriders on the ground?

Last edited:
After seeing the movie twice, I can't blame anyone for disliking Thor's portrayal. As a Thor fan, it could be tough watching almost everyone else get portrayed at their best, while Thor...isn't.

It's an interesting portrayal, just not a very flattering one. Contrast this with IW Thor, which manages to be both.

I gotta admit, I find it difficult to re-watch Ragnarok and Infinity War nowadays, namely because I now know that all of Thor's efforts don't end up really amounting to anything in the long run.

He failed to save his people and he failed to save the galaxy from Thanos's snap. He really had little to nothing to do with the creation of New Asgard on Earth as well.

I honestly cannot tell now on who the bigger failure is between Thor and Luke Skywalker.

How is it a narrower window? The Aether was on Knowhere for 5 years before Thanos came looking for it in IW. Compare that to Asgard, where Jane and the Aether were only there for like 2-3 days at most.

It was on Knowhere, in the possession of the Collector. So, do you want to try and rob the Collector, or persuade him to give it up voluntarily? Because both ideas sound awful to me.

It was on Knowhere, in the possession of the Collector. So, do you want to try and rob the Collector, or persuade him to give it up voluntarily? Because both ideas sound awful to me.

Why? The Collector isn't especially powerful or dangerous. I'm sure that Thor (even in Lebowski form) would be strong enough to overpower him and get the stones.

If anything, Endgame would have actually been a great place for Thor to make the sacrifice card as well.

Think about it; up until now Thor has done somewhat of a poor job in saving people and maintaining the peace in the nine realms. He couldn't save his home and people from Hela and Thanos.

Then Thor failed to stop Thanos from carrying out his plans in wiping out half of all life in the universe.

He did little to nothing to contribute in taking down 2014 Thanos either. If he had at least sacrificed his life in stopping Thanos then his life would have amounted to something imho.

Now, Thor went from being the Mighty Avenger/King of Asgard to a fat guardian. The only thing that Thor has been good at is serving as someone else's punching bag.

I honestly do not know on how you can redeem his character from here.

If anything, Endgame would have actually been a great place for Thor to make the sacrifice card as well.

Think about it; up until now Thor has done somewhat of a poor job in saving people and maintaining the peace in the nine realms. He couldn't save his home and people from Hela and Thanos.

Then Thor failed to stop Thanos from carrying out his plans in wiping out half of all life in the universe.

He did little to nothing to contribute in taking down 2014 Thanos either. If he had at least sacrificed his life in stopping Thanos then his life would have amounted to something imho.

Now, Thor went from being the Mighty Avenger/King of Asgard to a fat guardian. The only thing that Thor has been good at is serving as someone else's punching bag.

I honestly do not know on how you can redeem his character from here.
This is getting, as seems to be SAP with Lee, repetitive, overblown and silly.

Just copy and paste some general rant about this topic and repost it every few hours in this thread Lee. It'll save you and us some time each day.

Mind you... I have posted that leaning too far into comedy with what they did with Thor is to my mind one of the movie's few fumbles. So I'm not blindly defending this, nor do I not understand to an extent why some fans are not taking to what thd9did do.

But point blank... Lots of ya'll are sounding like drama queens.

Between having him sacrifice himself in AEG or him having future adventures in the MCU I’ll choose the second option, any day of the week...

Some people not knowing how Marvel could “redeem” the character after AEG is plain stupidity. The table is set once again for the character to have a strong comeback. I mean come on now, stop whining... it’s not that difficult to make things turn around for the better.

The short sightedness for some is just sad and unbearable. Thor is now basically the only OG avenger left on the table and with even more movies and adventures his future sacrifice will have to be handled very well because the character will have been the remainder corner stone of the MCU but also the linchpin between the old and new.

At this point in time Thor is no less than the most important character in the MCU moving forward. The most layered, the one with the biggest history...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"