Endgame Thor/God of Thunder - Chris Hemsworth

This is the Avengers not a Thor film meant to exclusively showcase how awesome Thor is.

Besides, anything to show us more of what is under the hood gives Hemsworth a chance to show us Thor's depths rather than just the NoblecMeathead he was in the majority of Ragnarok's runtime.

Fun movie but after it was done I didn't care about anything dramatic that happened in it because the film itself didn't care. Give me more of the Thor that conversed with Rocket in IW.

This is the Avengers not a Thor film meant to exclusively showcase how awesome Thor is.

Besides, anything to show us more of what is under the hood gives Hemsworth a chance to show us Thor's depths rather than just the NoblecMeathead he was in the majority of Ragnarok's runtime.

Fun movie but after it was done I didn't care about anything dramatic that happened in it because the film itself didn't care. Give me more of the Thor that conversed with Rocket in IW.

First off I never said it was a Thor film and saying Thor should show his rage when he see's Thanos isn't a slight to any of the other Avengers they can show their rage as well.

Secondly, for the majority of the Infinity War Thor showed us that side of him as well as the second half of the Thor movie. IW and the first half of End Game will have enough grieving, but this is the ENDGAME it's time to sack up and get the job done.

Last edited:
Just make another bloody Thor movie already. And don’t throw in any of those romance schticks. The love interest thingy has been tried and tried, and we know how that went. I want to see him kick asses, a lot of asses. Okay Captain Marvel is allowed for a guest star role. Thank you.

Dunno, I thought his convo in the elevator with Loki was just as good and affecting as his scene with Rocket in IW. More subtle, less tears involved, but still just as revealing.

Just make another bloody Thor movie already. And don’t throw in any of those romance schticks. The love interest thingy has been tried and tried, and we know how that went. I want to see him kick asses, a lot of asses. Okay Captain Marvel is allowed for a guest star role. Thank you.
Those 2 would be able to wreck shop together!

I love Ragnarok for a myriad of different reasons.
But i do admit that it was in IW that Thor's character was perfectly executed. The balance between fun, comedic, badass, heartfelt... was pitch perfect. The exchange between Thor and Rocket is pure gold and perfectly encapsulates Thor's journey and character.

Still Ragnarok deserves as much, if not more praise for where the character is now... because what that movie accomplished was no easy feat and it laid the ground work for the meteoric rise of Thor's popularity.

Thor benefits from the epic scale of Infinity War. He's always been a tricky character to work with in the sense that he needs to be facing an overwhelming threat, something way more powerful than him, to really shine, but he's extremely powerful to begin with.

And then it's easy for the more human, down-to-earth aspect of the character to get lost when the threat is on the right scale for the thunder god aspect.

Infinity War had both. It was the right balance of a very human struggle and larger-than-life events. Easily the best Thor story in the MCU, imho.

I agree that Ragnarok deserves a lot of credit for setting the table. Giving Hemsworth much better material, for one thing. Allowing him to have a lot more fun playing the role, seemingly. And also putting Thor through the hardship of Asgard's destruction.

It seems to me RDJ could be open to keeping his role for another film or so though it seems DIS is not so open to paying the money (aka extortion) he will ask for while there are a lot other characters and even more less expensive actors who are very eager to join MCU on the big screen.

D2IJr0UXQAErp4O.jpg

I will personally be a little disappointed if we don't see the 3 heavyweights throw down with Thanos together at some point in Endgame.

But I think we probably will. It just feels like the kind of thing the Russos wouldn't want to miss out on.

I can't wait to see what they do with Thor. He did get a nice amount of focus in IW anyways, but more can be fun. Plenty they can do with him just on the emotional level. Thought he didn't have much left to lose and got a painful reminder.

In full agreement that I can't wait to see some of the heavy hitters cooperating against Thanos. Thor did get the most epic hit in of IW but it wasn't a lengthy fight. And fingers crossed that he remains an active factor going forward. Out of any character with three previous solo films I think he more than deserves at least a fourth movie.

Dunno, I thought his convo in the elevator with Loki was just as good and affecting as his scene with Rocket in IW. More subtle, less tears involved, but still just as revealing.
that was a great scene but it was literally the only moment I got some sort of true emotion from the movie. if that makes sense. like everything else was these actors and director making goof youtube vids with you know...millions.

From Empire magazine.

According to McFeely, Thor is "not blaming anybody but himself" and he "does have a lot of guilt" for failing to deliver the killing blow to the Mad Titan the last time they crossed paths.

Personally, I'm happy that the film will dive into Thor dealing with the guilt of not being able to stop Thanos since he was literally the only one at the time that had a legitimate chance in stopping him and saving half of the universe and still ended up screwing that up.

So to see him hopefully go through some more character growth in this film which will hopefully lead into a satisfying conclusion for him will definitely be worth it (I hope).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"