Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I just read that Taika would do Thor 5 if it was something completely different like a $5 million no-action road trip movie like Nebraska...and you know what? I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought of that myself several times.
They can easily do something like that.

I just read that Taika would do Thor 5 if it was something completely different like a $5 million no-action road trip movie like Nebraska...and you know what? I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought of that myself several times.

Lol what? No action?

Road trip comedy full of slapstick jokes, one of which involves water bottle. It’s not a road trip movie a la Nomadland for sure.

Yeah just no.

I'd actually love to see that kind of story with Thor (though with maybe at least a liiiittle action), but it shouldn't be Thor 5. Just make it a Disney+ TV special.

I'd actually love to see that kind of story with Thor (though with maybe at least a liiiittle action), but it shouldn't be Thor 5. Just make it a Disney+ TV special.
Sure, yes. I think I need something different and at this stage I think they can allow themselves to try and break the rules a little bit.
I didn't like Love and Thunder but all the character bits regarding Thor were so damn satisfying and entertaining. I'd love to see something that is completely character-driven in that MCU world. I'm a little bored with villains, there's only so much you can do that isn't the same thing over and over again.

Not sure if there's any truth to this, but L&T may have had a mandate to keep it under 2 hours, which could account for why many people thought certain scenes/sequences were missing. If this is true, I'd point to this coming from Chapek, not Feige.

I'd love it for a Disney Plus special, just not for Thor 5.

Bale speaking with Collider. Such a shame.

“There's an awful lot that I wish was in this film, which you can't have a four-hour long film because there's so much gold that's on the cutting room floor, hilarious stuff, and creepy as hell stuff, but that was perhaps pushing it to a realm where maybe it wouldn't have been able to be family friendly, which we always wanted it to be.”

A no-action road trip movie would almost be as bad as if they wanted to do a romcom :oldrazz:

Bale speaking with Collider. Such a shame.

“There's an awful lot that I wish was in this film, which you can't have a four-hour long film because there's so much gold that's on the cutting room floor, hilarious stuff, and creepy as hell stuff, but that was perhaps pushing it to a realm where maybe it wouldn't have been able to be family friendly, which we always wanted it to be.”

......... aka Disney mandates, as I've been saying.

So I was finally able to go see it yesterday. I saw it at the local Cinemark in 3-D, XD. To be honest, it seemed a little bit uneven to me. I really like the way it started but, I don’t know, Taika kind of gets off on these tangents and some of them I didn’t like too much. Overall, I love the movie, but think it could’ve been toned down a little bit in some spots.

Last edited:
Let that happen elsewhere and with some other character.

FXhhiEHXkAIVqFv

This eXplains a lot. I thought the movie was too short almost like X-Men The Last Stand and Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Comic accurate yellow laced boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"