Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Thanks, dude! Its not everyday that someone tells you that you came up with a better story than a dude with an **Academy Award for Screenwriting**.

Yeah Taika has kinda indicated he didn't have a real vision for the movie, which makes it very tough to bring it all together. Whereas working off the bones, but then bringin an actual passion to it and fixing it can work a lot better. Marvel probably should've had someone punch up the script when Taika said "well I'm just gonna keep filming till I find a movie in there somewhere"

And yeah, Sif was indeed done dirty, as were the poor Warriors Three

Yeah Taika has kinda indicated he didn't have a real vision for the movie, which makes it very tough to bring it all together. Whereas working off the bones, but then bringin an actual passion to it and fixing it can work a lot better. Marvel probably should've had someone punch up the script when Taika said "well I'm just gonna keep filming till I find a movie in there somewhere"

Agree that Taika needed more oversight. I think his time with Thor is done tbh. Time to move on and give someone else a chance.

Even Hemsworth has admitted that *if* he's coming back is gonna have to be yet another reinvention of the character again.

What really bothers me is that Thor was in a super interesting place at the end of Endgame to further explore and develop. But no, they undid everything for something far less compelling.
Honestly, the more I think about Love and Thunder... ugh.

Even Hemsworth has admitted that *if* he's coming back is gonna have to be yet another reinvention of the character again.

I don't think there are any serious doubts about him coming back, even if its just for Secret Wars. Fans would riot if Thor's last ever appearance was in a movie as divisive and disappointing (for most people) as L&T.

Thor deserves a send-off worthy (no pun intended) of the ones Steve and Tony got.

I like the first 2 more darker Thor films. The lighter tone doesnt work for me, it isnt funny also.

Its nice to see the first Thor movie finally get some belated appreciation. I have been arguing on behalf of that movie for over a decade now.

Some concept art came out of Jane facing Galactus, Shuma-Gorath, and Fin Fang Foom. No idea how it would've fit into the movie but I'm glad these villains weren't wasted here.
5dioo4i5re6a1.jpg

9v43slo5re6a1.jpg

0n65yuu5re6a1.jpg

Some concept art came out of Jane facing Galactus, Shuma-Gorath, and Fin Fang Foom. No idea how it would've fit into the movie but I'm glad these villains weren't wasted here.
5dioo4i5re6a1.jpg

9v43slo5re6a1.jpg

0n65yuu5re6a1.jpg

Since the story boards show Thor and the GOTG watching Mighty Thor fight these dudes on a screen, I think it's an implication that in an earlier version of the script, Jane had already been Mighty Thor for a while and had taken down a fair few villains by herself.

That'd be weird just to have Galactus in this film, but yeah he'd have been completely wasted here, I feel.

Chris Hemsworth says he 'got sick' of playing Thor every couple of years and thinks Marvel movies need to become 'more personal and grounded'

"If I was going to do something again, it would have to be tonally different," said the Australian actor. "And we'd have to do something very drastic to keep people on their toes. Otherwise, it's just the fatigue of those characters and those films, where people are like, 'I've seen it.'"

When asked about criticism of recent Marvel movies like "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" — which touches on the idea of the multiverse — Hemsworth suggested that the MCU should become more personal, rather than always going bigger in scale.

He explained: "That's the trick: you have to separate all those stories. The moment it's like, 'Your world is in danger, the entire universe,' it's like, 'Yeah, so was the last 24 films.' It has to become a bit more personal and grounded."

Heck, even Wakanda Forever is more substantive than Quantumania.

Side-note, with all of the admittedly deserved flack that Phase 4 gets, it feels like Wakanda Forever gets lost in the shuffle and folks quickly jump to Guardians 3 as the film that got things back on track.

Heck, even Wakanda Forever is more substantive than Quantumania.

Side-note, with all of the admittedly deserved flack that Phase 4 gets, it feels like Wakanda Forever gets lost in the shuffle and folks quickly jump to Guardians 3 as the film that got things back on track.
Wakanda Forever means well and there are a lot of things to like, but for me personally I just couldn't get past Shuri as Black Panther, the third act's action is as boring as the first one. It also definitely suffered from Chadwick Boseman's absence.

I think it's a good movie, but I wouldn't put it in the same level as some of MCU's finest. There's a general lack of quality that is noticeable. With the exception of the most recent Guardians Vol. 3, everything coming from Marvel Studios feels like a machine, spitting new products like an assembly line.

Chris Hemsworth says he 'got sick' of playing Thor every couple of years and thinks Marvel movies need to become 'more personal and grounded'

"If I was going to do something again, it would have to be tonally different," said the Australian actor. "And we'd have to do something very drastic to keep people on their toes. Otherwise, it's just the fatigue of those characters and those films, where people are like, 'I've seen it.'"

When asked about criticism of recent Marvel movies like "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" — which touches on the idea of the multiverse — Hemsworth suggested that the MCU should become more personal, rather than always going bigger in scale.

He explained: "That's the trick: you have to separate all those stories. The moment it's like, 'Your world is in danger, the entire universe,' it's like, 'Yeah, so was the last 24 films.' It has to become a bit more personal and grounded."

His comments that L&T got overly silly is spot on as well. I tried a 2nd viewing of that movie recently and it was even less enjoyable than the firs time I watched it.

Chris Hemsworth Says Thor: Love and Thunder 'Became Too Silly' - IGN

He’s right here too. I laughed at some of the jokes but it definitely veered too much into the wrong direction. A shame that a lot of things didn’t work as they should have. It had some redeeming qualities but overall it was a misfire.

I would totally be on board for a T5 and also agree that they need to shake up the franchise once again.

His comments that L&T got overly silly is spot on as well. I tried a 2nd viewing of that movie recently and it was even less enjoyable than the firs time I watched it.

I couldn't stomach another viewing of Love & Thunder, I thought it was absolutely atrocious.

Chris Hemsworth Says Thor: Love and Thunder 'Became Too Silly' - IGN

He’s right here too. I laughed at some of the jokes but it definitely veered too much into the wrong direction. A shame that a lot of things didn’t work as they should have. It had some redeeming qualities but overall it was a misfire.

I would totally be on board for a T5 and also agree that they need to shake up the franchise once again.

He's being extremely polite, he knows himself it wasn't just a poor Thor film, but a poor film in general.

I'd still welcome a Thor 5 with him at the helm without a doubt, but I don't want to see anything remotely similar to the level of stupidity shown in L&T.

I couldn't stomach another viewing of Love & Thunder, I thought it was absolutely atrocious.

I did as well. But after a bit of time I have grown to like some MCU movies I didn't initially. Was hoping the same would happen with L&T. It didn't.

Reactions: B
I have said many times, only to be attacked when i did mention it, that Marvel doesn't seem to have a plan like they did with Phase 1 & 2.
I'm sure they think they do, but this current phase seems to be a bit unfocused as evidence form Thor L&T and even Antman 3.
This is all my opinion, so take from it what you like.
It appears evident to me, going all the way back to Phase 1, Marvel, had a clear direction in which they wanted to go.
Starting with Iron Man....the casting, writers & directors of all their characters seemed to be home runs.
And each movie built on the next, setting up the future & bigger picture.
It was so well done, even the post credit scenes with hints, were almost as popular as the movie & stories itself.
And I assume all 'godfathered' by Kevin Feige....it was an imagination machine with no stopping it.
But now with the close of phase 4........something seems .... off? Disjointed? Unclear? Disconnected?
You see what I am getting at.
To me, it almost seems Mr. Feige planned 3 stellar phases & stopped?
Or someone else we are not aware of took over plotting the course for the MCU?
Maybe Mr. Feige wanted a little break & entrusted someone else to chart it out?
Whatever the reason is, something is clearly off.
The direction & ideas of phase 4, don't seem to flow or lead to a logical end point, its not cohesive.
It seems even more so with the cancellation of or rather, HUGE delays that have been announced with their movies.
Yes I know they laid out a timeline leading to 2 more Avenger movies......but how the story & ideas connect (even using the Disney+ shows involvement) seem to be forced.
Maybe its just me being spoiled with how well phases 1 to 3 were smooth, but its apparent to me, MCU is hitting a wall.
Anyone agree or like to add their thoughts?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"