Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Bless him, for cutting his hair off - and also Hela for injuring his eye

Last edited:

:funny:

The outfit looks a little bit like a Halloween or Freaky Friday thing where Thor tries to dress as an earth guy and Quill tries to dress more like an Asgardian.

Cool to see Nebula in a more feminin-casual outfit.

Last edited:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that horsey looking creature in the picture in the top right-hand corner and that reminded me of those pictures we saw the other day of Natalie Portman getting riding lessons.

Someone else said that it might be Toothgnasher.

on second thought, his new costume does look like Eric Masterson's thunderstrike outfit

on second thought, his new costume does look like Eric Masterson's thunderstrike outfit

Yeah, it's kind of a mixture of the '60s classic Thor look (with the blue trousers and boots), Thunderstrike and a bit of Guardians wackiness thrown in on top.

Thor looks like he could be a member of a eighties hair metal band.

I like that the lower half looks like classic Thor's outfit. Overall he does look a bit like Eric Masterson's Thunderstroke.

I an honestly kinda shocked that thor fans like taika’s take on him. Personally dont like it. Like that looks nothing like thor and I can just imagine the amount of self degrading jokes they will be doing to make thor be dumb.

Even more scared to see how they are going to do Gorr. Like you had potential to make thor a complete badass like in infinity war but they keep pushing him into this weird idiot that has no brain and keeps making jokes.

I an honestly kinda shocked that thor fans like taika’s take on him. Personally dont like it. Like that looks nothing like thor and I can just imagine the amount of self degrading jokes they will be doing to make thor be dumb.

Even more scared to see how they are going to do Gorr. Like you had potential to make thor a complete badass like in infinity war but they keep pushing him into this weird idiot that has no brain and keeps making jokes.
iB5xwIJ.gif

I seriously doubt Thor is going to walk around in that outfit for the whole movie. I think that's just his Guardians outfit. It looks like something Quill would wear so maybe it used to belong to him. I'm actually most surprised to see Kraglin there. I didn't expect to see him again until Vol. 3. I knew Sean Gunn was there for filming but I figured that was just to do his usual on set Rocket mo-cap stuff.

Well, for one, it works. And I'm also a big fan of Walter Simonson's Thor run, which has a lot of humor and weird fantasy in it. Even Jason Aaron's run also has some humor too. As long as Thor has epic moments and is pushed to the limits, I'm all in.

Thor being a stubborn meathead at times has been trait he has had in the comics since the beginning. Branagh had Thor doing slapstick things like banging into doors so it isn't like Taika added something that wasn't already there.

New look is ok but I wouldn’t want it to feature for long. On the other hand I’m so glad he kept the long hair, just doesn’t feel Thor enough without it.

This outfit seems like what he uses when he’s with the Guardians. His jacket even looks similar to the ones in the GOTG team.

Like someone mentioned I wouldn’t be surprised if he borrowed some stuff from Star Lord and added his own twist.

Fun to see Thor really taking a place with the Guardians for a while as he's dressed for such things. I don't think it will be a long term look in the film, just as I don't expect the Guardians to be much of a focus, but it's fun to see and I hope to see them together beyond this film as well.

So I'm guessing you've read the script then?

tenor.gif

What was that about Taika not making Thor badass enough again?

On the other hand I think Marvel and Waitiki recognizes some critical aspects of Ragnarok like the unfunny joke 2 seconds after Asgard destroyed and will not repeat those mistakes.

Lets trust they handle the figure well. It can not be more idiotic handled as in Endgame anyway :twisted:

After seeing Thunderstrike Thor, I have to admit, that he really could look cool.
If he really rides a chariot with Tanngnjostr and Tanngrisnir, than I‘m freaking out. This looks more and more like a 80‘s science-fantasy epic like Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. Can‘t wait for Natalies look as Mighty Thor.
I‘ve expected this from Taika all along - could be the best MCU movie for me ( and dethrone Thor: Ragnarok). Now bring in BRB.
Great pictures so far

Having cool action doesnt make you a badass but if the thor fans are happy then whatever floats your boat.

I just prefer a more serious take on thor that doesnt really make fun of itself. Rather embrace the mythology and love it. I dont need a scene making fun of the music of his moms funeral or thor acting like a goof. Infinity war over all the others and its not even close.

I seriously doubt Thor is going to walk around in that outfit for the whole movie. I think that's just his Guardians outfit. It looks like something Quill would wear so maybe it used to belong to him. I'm actually most surprised to see Kraglin there. I didn't expect to see him again until Vol. 3. I knew Sean Gunn was there for filming but I figured that was just to do his usual on set Rocket mo-cap stuff.

Yeah I am not too worried either, between Ragnarok and Mandalorian Taika knows how to put his own spin on things whilst not deviating too much from the source.

I think people are on to something with this... It does look like Toothgnasher.

EtH5oMSXYAM-uTD

Thor-Comic-Goats-Toothgnasher-Toothgrinder.jpg

:funny:

The outfit looks a little bit like a Halloween or Freaky Friday thing where Thor tries to dress as an earth guy and Quill tries to dress more like an Asgardian.

Cool to see Nebula in a more feminin-casual outfit.

In the first pic, it looks like he's wearing some variant of the classic yellow and black boots from the comics.
32262bbe9f95018cd4825119885fc4cc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"