Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Even if Hela was as dead as you can get, the Goddess of Death is entitled to come back. :cwink:

Kevin Feige
“We love the story — it’s one of the best comic runs recently. [Waititi] would flip through and read that run while he was doing Ragnarok. And I think when he agreed to come back and do another Thor, he was like, ‘How do we–?’ This is a very big movie that’ll be folding in a lot of elements. That is a huge important part of it. He pitched it to us, and we were totally in. We loved it. We’d been in touch with Natalie. She’s part of the MCU family and we put she and Taika together. It took one meeting and she agreed to do it.”

I'm willing to bet that Rhys Darby is going to be in this movie.
Taika always has some of the regulars showing up in his movies... A while back i saw an article where they asked RD and i think he said if another movie happened he would be asking Taika for a role.

Gosh just about everyone wants to kiss Thor. Regular Thor, mighty Thor, fat Thor. There’s a Thor for everyone out there

tumblr_pv0imiXc501t5e3l3o1_500.jpg

Art by Tony Stella.

As it could be the event film of Phase 4, like the Avengers films?
I guess it will might be similar to Ragnarok in terms of the impact for future films leading into another big team up event.

Last edited:
EAbLt94XsAAuGIm.jpg:large

Interesting photomanip job on that MCU Direct twitter feed linked to in above post. I will say fat Thor I think it's time to deviate away from though as that's been played but I like the beard and general look in that manip image though. Some sort of black knight armor I think works well. Thor will be a wanderer without a cause outside his known territory, with Asgard in ruins and the 9 realms not as accessible as before, his role becomes a displaced cosmic knight of sorts.

Last edited:
I hope Chris keeps the longer beard. He looks good with it in these fanarts.

I'm of the opinion that Jason Aaron should be brought in by Marvel as a consultant for the movie.
Just have him bring his knowledge to the table and help out Taika make the best movie possible.

I hope Chris keeps the longer beard. He looks good with it in these fanarts.

I loved the hair and the beard at the end of Endgame
it's just the nutty professor belly that has to go

of course, that means Marvel will probably do the exact opposite and give him the belly with the short-cropped Ragnarok 'do

I know Chris barely wore one, but I really hope Jane gets to wear her helmet for a bit in the movie. It looks great and really rounds out the look for the Mighty Thor.

i really hope it’s set in an alternate Asgard or the other 8 realms of the current universe.
Absolutely don‘t want a Thor-movie set on earth.
Needs a lot of norse mythology

I'm of the opinion that Jason Aaron should be brought in by Marvel as a consultant for the movie.
Just have him bring his knowledge to the table and help out Taika make the best movie possible.
Taika said he read and fell in love with Aaron's run. I trust him enough to understand and successfully adapt the material based on what he read alone. That's not to say don't have Jason Aaron as well, but that he isn't necessary either.

Apparently Taika will direct another movie for Fox Searchlight in the fall of this year before he goes back to Marvel for T4.

Taika Waititi - "Secret Project"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"