Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like all his scenes against Hydra.

Agreed, although I personally found the way he was mercilessly slaughtering human beings a little disconcerting, even if they were Neo-Nazis armed with laser guns...

Well they were enhanced by Chitauri's tech,so I don't think he killed them.

Well they were enhanced by Chitauri's tech,so I don't think he killed them.

He definitely killed them. He was using his lightning and everything. At point, Thor appears to grab one of the HYDRA soldiers and break his neck. And it's reasonable to assume a punch or kick from a guy that can crush titanium with his bare hands would kill anyone in one hit.

It's certainly quite possible that they died from his powerful hits. Seeing how he was very serious about finding the scepter I'm sure he felt that the gloves were off.

He definitely killed them. He was using his lightning and everything. At point, Thor appears to grab one of the HYDRA soldiers and break his neck. And it's reasonable to assume a punch or kick from a guy that can crush titanium with his bare hands would kill anyone in one hit.

Wow,don't remember that scene at all.

I didn't see anything close to him breaking someone's neck. I saw him swing his hammer at people, but I assumed he was pulling his punches - err, swings.

I'll add that I don't think he broke anyone's neck either. He just hit people, and threw one.

Mjölnir;32110225 said:
I'll add that I don't think he broke anyone's neck either. He just hit people, and threw one.

I just rewatched the movie the other day. It happens in the opening tracking shot when Thor flies up to and lands on a control tower. He beats up the soldiers and then another one comes in from behind him. He seems to grab this guy in a headlock and "MoS him" before the camera returns to Cap.

I just rewatched the movie the other day. It happens in the opening tracking shot when Thor flies up to and lands on a control tower. He beats up the soldiers and then another one comes in from behind him. He seems to grab this guy in a headlock and "MoS him" before the camera returns to Cap.

I only see him basically bodyslamming that guy.

He did break a neck in TDW though.:hehe:

Mjölnir;32114115 said:
I only see him basically bodyslamming that guy.

Well, the scene happens so fast, I guess its open to multiple interpretations!

Given how Thor initially revels in the fact that the Hulk killed so many Hydra goons [only, for Banners sake, to then backtrack and say they were only injured] I think it's safe to say that Thor has no problem with killing and was therefore not pulling any punches.

Just saw the extended Thor quest scene from my Digital AOU download with extras from Vudu..
:huh: Don't understand why it was cut, it was very short and would have added maybe 2 minutes max to the movie...
It really helped in explaining Thor's absence and his understanding of the coming threat....(Oh by the way there was no lady in the extended cave pool scene either )
:thor: Oh well back to AOU and all of Thor's bad a** moments...

Last edited:
Random thought:
Does Thor have some sort of tracking ability/senses or divine GPS?
I have been wondering about this since TA.
Examples include how he was able to find Loki on the jet after IM and Cap took him and how he knew to go to NY for the final battle.
In AOU, he left Clints farm to find Selvig and finally how he knew to go to Stark tower after his vision and somehow knew the rest of his squad was there.
Can he just think a place and automatically know how to get there? lol

Random thought:
Does Thor have some sort of tracking ability/senses or divine GPS?
I have been wondering about this since TA.
Examples include how he was able to find Loki on the jet after IM and Cap took him and how he knew to go to NY for the final battle.
In AOU, he left Clints farm to find Selvig and finally how he knew to go to Stark tower after his vision and somehow knew the rest of his squad was there.
Can he just think a place and automatically know how to get there? lol

Short answer: Because the plot demanded it.

Long answer: He probably made a few wrong turns along the way, before getting pointed in the right direction, but I don't think that would have been very exciting to watch.

I think he knew to go to Stark Tower because of his vision (I'm assuming there are parts of it we didn't see). He figured out everyone else was there too because they were making a lot of noise (or maybe his vision told him that too).

Just saw the extended Thor quest scene from my Digital AOU download with extras from Vudu..
:huh: Don't understand why it was cut, it was very short and would have added maybe 2 minutes max to the movie...
It really helped in explaining Thor's absence and his understanding of the coming threat....(Oh by the way there was no lady in the extended cave pool scene either )
:thor: Oh well back to AOU and all of Thor's bad a** moments...

I just saw it myself and I found it to be really cool. Not only did it make more sense why Selvig was there, it still delivered a cryptic message about what was going on and it showed a bit more of Thor's world and how dangerous and freaky it can be.

After watching AOU at home away from the whole hype era I really enjoyed this Film a lot...
Thor was truly shown as the Main powerhouse of the TEAM...
At no point did he seem in mortal or immortal danger..
Even the Ultron show down looked planned, and Thor showed no physical damage whatsoever after the encounter with Ultron...
I am quite pleased at this stage of his development...
Ragnarok should be the crowning achievement..

^ Hypocrite ;)

If you can recall, you were most vocal in how "poorly" Thor's powers were based off AoU PRIOR to seeing the movie.

Not knocking you, I just find that hilarious :D :p
Thor was most definitely the main powerhouse

I honestly didn't like the deleted Cave scene. I understand why they cut it.

I honestly didn't like the deleted Cave scene. I understand why they cut it.

Since Whedon had to choose between that and the farm it doesn't seem to have been about the quality of the scene, unless there just was some really weird blackmailing.

Mjölnir;32127987 said:
Since Whedon had to choose between that and the farm it doesn't seem to have been about the quality of the scene, unless there just was some really weird blackmailing.

I remember He said in the empire podcast it got cut for two reasons:
-audience did not like the scene in the test screenings.
-He felt a scene like that belonged to a Thor movie.

I feel they made the right choice. I like how in the movie Thor has to go back to his dream to find out What He missed and how they just use the show,don't tell approach with the stones,something Thor does later in the movie when he wakes Vision up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"