• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thor release date official: June 4th 2010!!!

Which Thor will they do????

THOR_Kirby.jpg
ultimate.thor.jpg

DC might actually not have anything for 2010. The third Batman film will likely be in '11, and who knows what's up with Superman. That'll leave '10 with 3 superhero movies, much like we're getting this year.

Superman: Man of Steel looks like it'll be coming out in 2010.

Which Thor will they do????

THOR_Kirby.jpg
ultimate.thor.jpg

The first one in the Thor movie, definitely. I know this for a fact, but I think the Ultimate Thor look should b used in Avengers when he's on earth on modern times.

Figured we'd have to wait. I hope to heck they stick with Protosevich's script.

The first one in the Thor movie, definitely. I know this for a fact, but I think the Ultimate Thor look should b used in Avengers when he's on earth on modern times.
I highly disagree. Either the Current 616 Thor costume or the Lord Thor armour should be used. The Ulty Thor costume has always looked like an Iron man costume of some sort to me.

the best Thor costume that would translate on the big screen would be from Ages of Thunder:

2471087630_c6f53f3eff_o.jpg

2471087482_bab609a417_o.jpg

Is there a superhero movie in July in 2010, cause if not, Sony will do what they did with Spider-Man 2 (remember that opened June 30th, not in May like the other 2).

As for Thor, this will be a tough casting choice. I dislike all suggestions made thus far.

Nice. Here's the same Thor drawn by Dell'otto. He looks great. Only thing I'd change for live action is to get rid of the helmet, cape and long sleeves. So, essentially, a mix between regular and ultimate Thor. He'd look way more badass.

The movie takes place in Asgard during viking times, if you get rid of the helmet and cape then he wouldn't look like a viking anymore! That's kind of key. besides, if I remember correctly he's actually mentioned as having a cape at one point in the script.

Wouldn't mind it if he wears his entire attire when he travels or fights minor enemies. But in the climax I want him definitely to take the cape off.

Why do you want to get rid of the cape?? You're crazy, there's NOTHING cooler than Thor getting into an epic battle with his cape behind him flapping in the wind.

As for Thor, this will be a tough casting choice. I dislike all suggestions made thus far.

What about Johann Urb? I've seen him suggested for He-Man a lot around here. Visually he'd make a great Thor. But I have no clue about his acting. Does anyone else know more about him?

This is the thing with Thor. More than any other Marvel character, he needs to be big. He needs to be bigger than the other characters (except for Hulk when he is there, of course). Thor needs that presence. However, Thor also needs someone who can handle the dialect. Even if they tone down the Shakespearean English the Asgardians use, they still needs to keep traces of it. That's what makes Thor not seem like a dumb brute. This dialect also needs someone who can act it out and not seem silly.

So big guy who can do complex dialogue without seeming silly. Like I said, he is the hardest Avenger to cast. Thor doesn't need to be wrestler huge, but noticeably bigger the RDJ and co.

As for your suggestion Nathan, I don't recognize him, so I am probably unfamiliar with Urb (unless he is just one of thise people I've seen, but never paid attention to).

Btw, haven't Vaughn already found his Thor? I remember him saying something like that. Someone totally unknown.

Or was he still looking for someone totally unknown? Can't remember. I hope it's smarter casting than Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Ugh.

Btw, haven't Vaughn already found his Thor? I remember him saying something like that. Someone totally unknown.

Or was he still looking for someone totally unknown? Can't remember. I hope it's smarter casting than Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Ugh.

Well he found someone that he wanted, no idea if they were able to get him or not though. I guess we'll see. I imagine the casting announcement for Thor won't be terribly far off.

Well he found someone that he wanted, no idea if they were able to get him or not though. I guess we'll see. I imagine the casting announcement for Thor won't be terribly far off.

Probably right. If they set a release date, we will probably know soon enough.

Though Cap may be a while (which makes me sad :csad:)

Probably right. If they set a release date, we will probably know soon enough.

Though Cap may be a while (which makes me sad :csad:)

Who knows? If the Captain America movie is going to tie in to Avengers as much as people think, they might need more time than average to prepare so we might find out about who's playing Cap sooner than usual.

Who knows? If the Captain America movie is going to tie in to Avengers as much as people think, they might need more time than average to prepare so we might find out about who's playing Cap sooner than usual.

That would be nice :up:

Though I am hyped for both projects. Can't wait for casting to start on these next 4 movies by Marvel :up:

newthorii2.jpg

My favorite version.

I have no problem with the cameo in Iron Man 2, I wouldnt mind if it was just Donald Blake rather than Thor.

Apparently Mark Protosevich is writing another draft of the script. I know a bunch of people have read the previous draft and everyone sez it is good.

Vaughn's attachment deal might have expired according to the Hollywood Reporter, I don't know if that is true and even if it is they may have already renegotiated/renewed it.

Jason Lewis was on House last night. That guy could totally do Thor. He has a frame where he coud put on some serious muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"