• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thor release date official: June 4th 2010!!!

He's another one with the voice issue. He doesn't sound at all authoritative.

Btw, haven't Vaughn already found his Thor? I remember him saying something like that. Someone totally unknown.

Or was he still looking for someone totally unknown? Can't remember. I hope it's smarter casting than Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. Ugh.
Yeah that's what Vaughn has last said, the actor he has in mind for THOR the movie is an unknown London actor.
Since Thor's movie takes place in the viking era and Thor being in his mid 20's it makes me wonder if it'll be the same actor for both Avengers AND Thor.

I can't wait for this! Matthew Vaughn will totally blow it out of the water!

Yeah that's what Vaughn has last said, the actor he has in mind for THOR the movie is an unknown London actor.
Since Thor's movie takes place in the viking era and Thor being in his mid 20's it makes me wonder if it'll be the same actor for both Avengers AND Thor.

Yes, of course it will, that's the whole idea of the unified movie universe thing. Thor is a god, he doesn't age like a human would. All you've got to do is slap a beard on him for the Avengers movie, and he's good to go.

What about Johann Urb? I've seen him suggested for He-Man a lot around here. Visually he'd make a great Thor. But I have no clue about his acting. Does anyone else know more about him?

Agreed! :up:

Here are some more Thor-like pictures of him:

4267_urb_johann.jpg

JohannUrb.jpg

Yes... Let's not worry about his credibility as an actor or anything, he's a pretty boy with long blonde hair so lets sign him up for Thor straight away!

I don't even think he looks like Thor. He looks like a Hobbit.

Ok lets put our thinking caps on, for those who were blessed enough to read the first draft of the script we know the movie takes place in Asgard and on earth during "viking times." But, it was said Thor will be introduced in Iron Man 2. My feeling is 2nd draft of the script will have the Donald Blake story line which I didn't want, nor do I want Ultimate Thor, I want original Thor.

That would be a COLOSSAL rewrite to include Donald Blake. When they say Iron Man 2 is going to "introduce" Thor, they just mean that it's going to be the first Marvel Studios film with the character in it since Thor itself debuts months later.

My hope is that Thor appears at the end of IM2 (last scene), viewing the earth from Asgard, with no interaction with earth.. You don't really see him, just a silhouette where only the iconic helmet and hammer are distinctive (to fans).

Then have that image as the promotional poster. You get a snowball effect, where people who have no clue who Thor is realise it's 'related' to Iron Man's Marvel universe. Then let the trailers and teasers clear up the confusion about the era Thor the film film is based in...

Just so you guys know, Matthew Vaughn is no longer attached as the director of Thor.

His directing deal on the project expired in DECEMBER.

Strike pretty much messed up everything for Thor. Especially a 2009 release. Now they need to find a new director.

I think for the Avengers Thor they should get Matthew G Taylor,
MatthewGTaylor-1.jpg

He has the looks, Build and height and ACTs.

Yes... Let's not worry about his credibility as an actor or anything, he's a pretty boy with long blonde hair so lets sign him up for Thor straight away!

He's an actor (even though we don't know if a good one). The way I see it, it's an improvement over the suggestions that were flying here.

I think for the Avengers Thor they should get Matthew G Taylor,
MatthewGTaylor-1.jpg

He has the looks, Build and height and ACTs.

On looks alone, this guy could work. Never seen him acting, though.

Tried to google him. Only thing I could find on him was that he played Nemesis in Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

I would imagine the second MOVIE would have Donald Blake, not the first one.

That would be a COLOSSAL rewrite to include Donald Blake. When they say Iron Man 2 is going to "introduce" Thor, they just mean that it's going to be the first Marvel Studios film with the character in it since Thor itself debuts months later.

I think they are going to have to include Blake in some capacity just so they can set-up Thor ending up on present day Earth for the Avengers.

What about the Rock? (He has decent acting chops, and He can build himself up massive).

Yes I know he is black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"