• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Thor release date official: June 4th 2010!!!

What about the Rock? (He has decent acting chops, and He can build himself up massive).

Yes I know he is black.

WTF.gif
wtf.gif

th_SmlyROFL.gif

signs006.gif

Why not? He be Thor physically, and I liked his acting in the Rundown/game plan.

Why not? He be Thor physically, and I liked his acting in the Rundown/game plan.

So my knowledge of race and nations isn't so hot, but I can't remember semi polynesian guys running with the vikings (which is what thor looks like). Yup, I'm pretty sure there weren't.

Let's have Denzel Washington as Cap!!!

Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury, That guy from the Green Mile as Kingpin.

Really its happened several times.

Okay so what? Other than his skin color, why can't he be Thor?

Decent acting Check.
Physique check.

???

i'm just stating that he's from a mixed background, that's all.

I don't care who plays Thor but I do have to say that he's a hard sell. I mean, I may sound very ignorant but I never cared for Thor. The movie has to convince me to get invested. And from my research, Thor is a bit out there. In a good way, however, but he just doesn't have that appeal that grab my attention.

Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury, That guy from the Green Mile as Kingpin.

Really its happened several times.

The former is an alternate universe version and the latter was just weird; it worked but it wasn't the "real" Kingpin.

Thor is among the few comic book characters that really can't have his ethnicity changed.

Dude. Norse gods ain't black/latino/whatever...
Not all Norse gods are white. Hogun looks like he could be Mongol. You have to figure, the norse had enslaved MANY races and some eventually worshiped the same gods, as for Thor, he is white.

Dude. Norse gods ain't black/latino/whatever...
Dude, I'm black, but I never want to see The Rock play Thor. It's just wrong, sorry. Stick to the classic look.

Yeah Thor is one of the characters where if you changed his race it would just be dumb.
It would not work and not be Thor.

Right! Not that norse mythology has anything to do with race (at least not in my book), but THOR has to be a scandinavian looking dude. Bright/golden hair and blue eyes.

An dark enthnic THOR is as preposterous as a paly white Shaft with freckles.

Batman has a better reason to be black than Thor. Thor is Norse and isn't African, so Rock absolutely won't make a good choice. Marvel already changed the race on Kingpin and Fury, but they shouldn't change just for the sake of changing.

Ralf Moeller from Gladiator would probably make a great Thor. The dude is huge, he's probably not a great actor, but Thor is more of a physical role a la Conan.
RALFMOELLER.jpg

Hush!

If THOR was a silent movie, then maybe. Maybe!

Dolph Lundgren would have been perfect 10-15 years ago. Sadly not now. :(

Not all Norse gods are white. Hogun looks like he could be Mongol. You have to figure, the norse had enslaved MANY races and some eventually worshiped the same gods, as for Thor, he is white.

Hogun isnt a "real" Norse God though...he was created for the comic book, wasnt he?

Dolph Lundgren would have been perfect 10-15 years ago. Sadly not now. :(

Not then either. Sorry...

Damn, is it really that hard to think of someone who could play THOR? I can't really think of anyone perfect either. At least not someone obvious and relatively unknown.
But I'd take acting talent and charisma ANY day over size and muscles, as long as he's not avarage in appearance.

Hush!

If THOR was a silent movie, then maybe. Maybe!
But Thor can be an almost silent character, really. He's more like the Terminator or Conan where most of his character comes from his ability and physical presence. He is the big guy in the room of little men. He doesn't have nearly the character that Iron Man does, and he's more of a bruiser than anything else. There's no love story with him, no complex character development, just the honor of battle and all that jazz.

Ralf Moeller from Gladiator would probably make a great Thor. The dude is huge, he's probably not a great actor, but Thor is more of a physical role a la Conan.
RALFMOELLER.jpg
He's almost 50 years old and it's not gonna happen. Not a good idea to say this is just more of a physical role. You don't know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"