Thor's power level

agreed

I still want a battle cry.

Still do

^ I could care less about stuff that trivial, unless you're talking about a "For Asgard"!

^ I could care less about stuff that trivial, unless you're talking about a "For Asgard"!

"for asgard!"

and some MCU form of

"have at thee!"

I would love that, Kurse makes a threat, and thor response with something like, "so be it, have at you monster!"

Bump

So how did you guys like Thor being able to teleport in the trailer?

If he is in fact teleporting, it's freaking AWESOME! but we still don't know exactly what's going on there, if he's just arriving or teleporting across the field of battle or what.. I'm hoping for teleporting.

Maybe somehow going from a battle on earth to a battle in asgard or another realm at the same times.

Count me in. And if teleporting to different fights in different places doesn't allow Thor to actually win any of those battles then it will still come down to him having to choose which place, planet or person he wants to save most. Teleporting + Ongoing Angsty Dilemmas = Win!

if anything thor has a level of invulnerability not matched by anyone in any comic book movie.

I had a dream that we do see Ultron in an Avengers movie and Thor did is "I would have words with thee" line....

If he is in fact teleporting, it's freaking AWESOME! but we still don't know exactly what's going on there, if he's just arriving or teleporting across the field of battle or what.. I'm hoping for teleporting.

Maybe somehow going from a battle on earth to a battle in asgard or another realm at the same times.

He teleported directly in front of Mjolnir's path, I don't see how it could be anything BUT teleporting across the battle field.

If he's indeed teleporting, with the use of Mjolnir, I find it awesome!

I'm not gonna lie, it looks like he's teleporting under his own power without Mjolnir in the trailer.

He teleported directly in front of Mjolnir's path, I don't see how it could be anything BUT teleporting across the battle field.

I'm not gonna lie, it looks like he's teleporting under his own power without Mjolnir in the trailer.
I don't really dare hope that he's teleporting on his own yet since the visual effect looks very much like the Bifrost. It of course doesn't seem like a normal arrival on the Rainbow Bridge either, seeing how Mjolnir is already there.

Mjölnir;25728265 said:
I don't really dare hope that he's teleporting on his own yet since the visual effect looks very much like the Bifrost. It of course doesn't seem like a normal arrival on the Rainbow Bridge either, seeing how Mjolnir is already there.

Imo the effects don't really look like the bifrost's effects, the lights are white instead orange. Also Mjolnir is already there as you've pointed out, I don't know why Mjolnir would be in a different dimension than Thor.

Not saying it's impossible, I just don't really see how that makes sense.

if anything thor has a level of invulnerability not matched by anyone in any comic book movie.

It was matched by Hulk's in The Avengers and surpassed by Superman's in pretty much any Superman film.

Mjölnir;25728265 said:

he could have left mjonir on the battlefield there?

Imo the effects don't really look like the bifrost's effects, the lights are white instead orange. Also Mjolnir is already there as you've pointed out, I don't know why Mjolnir would be in a different dimension than Thor.

It was matched by Hulk's in The Avengers and surpassed by Superman's in pretty much any Superman film.

the most durable item is either Loki or Hulk's pants

the most durable item is either Loki or Hulk's pants

I'd say Thor was abit more durable than Loki, not by much but he was tougher in my opinion.

Now Hulk's pants on the other hand, that's an entirely different story. :woot:

It's true that the Bifrost is pretty orange when Thor travels it with Jane in the trailer. It was whiter in the first Thor movie though so that's why I reasoned like I did, but the relevant comparison should of course be the one made within the same movie so there's good chance that Thor does something else (which I would approve of).

Well, technically (regardless of intent by the filmmakers) both Thor and Hulk fall from the same height and crash into the ground at the same speed, leaving Thor a bit dirty and Hulk knocked out. ;)

Mjölnir;25728463 said:
It's true that the Bifrost is pretty orange when Thor travels it with Jane in the trailer. It was whiter in the first Thor movie though so that's why I reasoned like I did, but the relevant comparison should of course be the one made within the same movie so there's good chance that Thor does something else (which I would approve of).

You had a good point my man, I'm just trying to remain hopeful for new powers.

*crosses fingers*

Well, technically (regardless of intent by the filmmakers) both Thor and Hulk fall from the same height and crash into the ground at the same speed, leaving Thor a bit dirty and Hulk knocked out. ;)

Very true, so I might just have to go ahead and give goldilocks the slight edge,

You had a good point my man, I'm just trying to remain hopeful for new powers.

*crosses fingers*
But at the same time you're right that it does look distinctly different so there's certainly good reason for us to remain hopeful. After all, they are trying to make him fight more godly and that would certainly be something that really transcends "hammer-throwing viking".

Mjölnir;25728647 said:
But at the same time you're right that it does look distinctly different so there's certainly good reason for us to remain hopeful. After all, they are trying to make him fight more godly and that would certainly be something that really transcends "hammer-throwing viking".

True, so I'm gonna hope for the best which is the teleporting being part of his new power displays.

You're right it does fit with what they said about Thor fighting more godly, I just want him to do it atleast three times throughout the film. I say that because I know it's not gonna be something he can do all the time without strainl.

True, so I'm gonna hope for the best which is the teleporting being part of his new power displays.

You're right it does fit with what they said about Thor fighting more godly, I just want him to do it atleast three times throughout the film. I say that because I know it's not gonna be something he can do all the time without strainl.
Yes, it would be a bit silly if they made him into Thorcrawler but as a means to move around a battlefield is cool.

idk, I think Thor was more durable than Hulk. He tanked a 17,000 foot fall. while a 30,000 foot fall KO'd Hulk. Yes. It KO'd him. idc that he was "awake when he fell" that doesn't mean the impact didn't KO him. banner wokeup right where hulk landed, you can see the impact crater..

also, the fact that in that final battle, they showed each avenger getting hurt at one point, then they showed thor, who wasn't only NOT hurt, but he kept fighting....I agree with whoever said it originally. In terms of durability...thor in the MCU so far is the standard to judge all others.

Mjölnir;25728819 said:
Yes, it would be a bit silly if they made him into Thorcrawler but as a means to move around a battlefield is cool.

Yes it would be, but Thor was able to teleport via lightning in that Ultime Avengers cartoon so it's not like it's never happened. So Thor teleporting about 3 times throughout the movie would be okay to me, which would make it something he does in times of need.

idk, I think Thor was more durable than Hulk. He tanked a 17,000 foot fall. while a 30,000 foot fall KO'd Hulk. Yes. It KO'd him. idc that he was "awake when he fell" that doesn't mean the impact didn't KO him. banner wokeup right where hulk landed, you can see the impact crater..

also, the fact that in that final battle, they showed each avenger getting hurt at one point, then they showed thor, who wasn't only NOT hurt, but he kept fighting....I agree with whoever said it originally. In terms of durability...thor in the MCU so far is the standard to judge all others.

Thor and Hulk fell from about the same height, that jet didn't carry Hulk that far into the air before explode. I'd say both of them fell from around 30,000 feet or so.

Wouldn't matter at that height, no? Surely they'd have reached their terminal velocity by then anyway. The question is, which (Hulk or the glass cage) was more aerodynamic and therefore had the higher terminal velocity.

Ah. Close to Full Geek I went.

Bump

So how did you guys like Thor being able to teleport in the trailer?

Yeah... not really sure what to make of that shot in the trailer.

It looks like Bifrost, but the hammer seems to already be there. I dunno. Very intriguing.

Maybe he has learnt he can teleport into the path of the hammer. Like choosing to go to IT, instead of having it return to him. I dunno...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"