TIH Sequel changes?

Kirmit

Big Green Machine.
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what changes people would make if we get a TIH sequel? What would you add? What would you take away?

I personally would take away the glowing eyes or at least dull them down. I loved the idea at first but there were scenes where the glow was just too intense, too cartoony that it affected the overall believe in the CGI imo. Also I felt Bixby's eyes were far 'scarier' than norton's eyes, yeah they both give you that 'Oh my god he's going to change' moment but Bixby's eyes gave me more of a chill.

Something I would add, which I guess many will agree with, is the leaping. Leaping is one of Hulk's major traits and there were a number of scenes where it would've fitted in perfectly but for some reason LL chose to leave it out, a giant leap away from the final battle would've worked great imo.

The last thing I'd add is greater feats of strength. Although we got the 'wow this guy is strong' from TIH, we never got the 'Oh my god, did he just do that?!' moment. Well actually we did, in the glacier scene, except that was cut from the final version. So more feats like that would be great, we need hulk to justify his 'strongest there is' title on the big screen.

I agree with the glowing eyes. It made Hulk seem fake in some scenes. I also think it would be better if Norton used contact lenses for the eyes rather than CGI. That would make it look more scary and real.

EDIT: I posted these in an older thread about my ideas for sequel...

I would make the sequel darker. I want the main theme of the film to be "control", both Banner and Hulk fighting for it. Banner realises that his problem has become worse because minor things that make Banner angry make him transform. Hulk is in Banner's head, waiting to grab on the little things that make Banner tick so he can get rid of Banner for a period.

Have more "Hulk hates Banner" and "Banner hates Hulk".

Show more of Banner's multiple personality disorder. This can be perfectly shown with a scene of Banner going to Samson for help and Samson kind of puts Banner into some kind of hypnosis so he can explore Banner's mind.

Have The Leader as a villain in the shadows. Make him mysterious. Ross finds out that Blonsky was actually a Russian spy who tried to get American Military secrets and the whole British Special Ops thing was just a con. So Ross is livid! He gets Stark to help out with a project Stark has been working on called "HB-2000" (Hulkbuster). This could follow on from The Avengers film when Iron Man and Hulk battle and Iron Man is getting killed. Cap asks something like "Haven't you got a bigger suit?" and Iron Man replies "Yeah, in my workshop!".

The Leader breaks the Abomination free and manipulates him into thinking Banner made Blonsky into a monster so he cannot change back. Abomination goes to Russia to find his wife who he accidentally kills and realises he is a monster so wants to kill Banner because Banner can change back and be with Betty.

Big brawl between Hulk and Stark in Hulkbuster suit

Big brawl between Hulk and Abomination.

Hulk confronts the Leader.

And in the third film it is just The Leader vs Hulk.

Can you imagine them following the sequel from where the first film ended? Like it had Banner meditating then he opens his eyes showing they are green and has a smile on his face. Carry this scene on longer but that smile turning into a devilish grin and then exploding into anger with Banner roaring "Puny Banner!!!" in a deep Hulk voice whilst he transforms.

This just shows how desperate the two are for control.

I have a lot of ideas in my head but can't really get them out onto words without this post being incredibly long!!

And about the Hulk vs Abomination fight I mention...

The fight I have set in my mind between Hulk and Abomination would take place near a dormant volcano, the volcano has been dormant for thousands of years and is not gonna erupt any time soon. Abomination could do something like hurt Betty to anger Hulk. Hulk thinks Betty is dead so he becomes furious and does a huge ground pound which forces the volcano to awake and spew lava! (this shows a real feat of strength!) Ross would be involved as always but this time he will provide multiple tanks and helicopters for Hulk and Abomination to play with. It would be more of a slug fest between Hulk and Abomination with not much focus on the military. These guys are just beating each other up cos Abomination wants revenge. Abomination trying to attack Hulk by using a helicopter as a chainsaw and also using the treads of a tank as a whip. Hulk would then strike Abomination with a swing of tank but only holding it with one hand from the cannon. Now I have a scene pictured with Abomination holding/forcing Hulk's face down into the ground with a stream of lava rushing across Hulk's face. So the lava is burning his skin, you see Hulk's bones and such but Hulk's regenerative system comes into effect and heals him. It would be similar to Wolverine healing himself when Jean Grey was attacking him in X3. Hulk would end the fight off with a ground pound on Abomination's chest and then chucking him into the volcano.

The Hulk vs Leader fight would involve Leader using his mind powers so making Hulk see hallucinations of Betty so it would be one big trap. Brains vs brawns.

Last edited:
I agree with the strength feats comment. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd also make Hulk's skin tone a little darker, and I'd give him less veins popping out. He looked too sick to me in TIH.

I'd also have Banner think he can transform into the Hulk when he wants, but in reality when he does that he brings up a dangerous Hulk persona. Something like the Devil Hulk that Paul Jenkins wrote about. That way in the movie he not only has to fight against a villain, but he also has to fight against himself. Maybe we can have a cool scene to where the Devil Hulk is fighting with the Childlike Hulk for control. That would give us a chance to have hulk do some more speaking.

This would be my idea of a teaser trailer for TIH2

Sarg92 said:
Can you imagine them following the sequel from where the first film ended? Like it had Banner meditating then he opens his eyes showing they are green and has a smile on his face. Carry this scene on longer but that smile turning into a devilish grin and then exploding into anger with Banner roaring "Puny Banner!!!" in a deep Hulk voice whilst he transforms.

Damn I want a sequel badly
anyways I agree to make it darker
They would be hesitant of this because they thought Hulk (2003) was too dark, which I disagree with.

I say get a new writer...maybe just Norton instead of having Penn write.

I like your idea about leading off from the end of the TIH sarg. I never liked the idea of banner controlling Hulk or controlling the transformations, which is the impression I got from him smiling at the end of TIH.

I like your idea about leading off from the end of the TIH sarg. I never liked the idea of banner controlling Hulk or controlling the transformations, which is the impression I got from him smiling at the end of TIH.

Yup same here. That is why I suggest that Hulk is having more control over Banner rather than the other way around. It would really lead to a great storyline.

Yeah the glowing eyes in TIH ruined the Hulk's face shots for me. I think it's that when Bixby's eyes changed, they weren't green but moreso white; it made it more subtle but effective.

I love the Banner hates Hulk and Hulk hates Banner theme.
That could be built on in such a cool way.

The glowing eyes should be done like the TV show, just show up when the transformation begins then fade away.

I was just discussing superhero movies with a friend of mine who is NOT a comic book reader, but he is a fan of action movies. He likes a few of the super hero movies that have come out, but his 2 favorites are Batman Begins and TDK. He told me that these movies are grittier, more realistic and most of all for adults. I couldn't agree with him more, and I really hope that Marvel starts to realize that the major fan base is comic book readers. And as most know, comics aren't for kids anymore. I want a HULK movie with more anger, action and a story line that isn't watered down so kids can watch. I don't want a story line that feels it needs to spell everything out for those who don't read comics. Tell a good story and there will be no need for such weak scripts. I thought TIH was a very good movie, but it could have been better. I can't wait until Marvel pulls out all the stops and lets their characters shine as they should.

One of the things I didn't like in TIH was the fact that his wounds were not healing as we watched. I would also like to see the HULK as a stand alone character, not as many have said a dumbed down Banner. Many more feats of strength. And in the first 2 movies I never thought the HULK was angry enough. I want to see him get stronger as he gets angrier. I also want to see the Hulk emerge as a Hero, a reluctant hero, but a hero no matter what.

One thing I wanted to see in the first film was The Abomination in daylight. I hope they'll show that in TIH2.

To me, there really needs to be a dichotomy between Bruce and the Hulk. And the hatred they have for each other. Banner obviously wanted to get rid of the Hulk in TIH, but it seemed as though the Hulk didn't know that Banner even existed.

To me, there really needs to be a dichotomy between Bruce and the Hulk.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes" to everyone who mentioned this.

Also:
1) Don't be afraid of Ang Lee's Hulk. There are things it got right. (Strife with his dad integral to the origin, Hulk's body mass, color, leaping, healing, etc) TIH seemed to try too hard to avoid everything about it, which is strange when you consider it has nods to every version of the character from the 60's cartoon to the TV show.

2) Rick. Freaking. Jones.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes" to everyone who mentioned this.

Also:
1) Don't be afraid of Ang Lee's Hulk. There are things it got right. (Strife with his dad integral to the origin, Hulk's body mass, color, leaping, healing, etc) TIH seemed to try too hard to avoid everything about it, which is strange when you consider it has nods to every version of the character from the 60's cartoon to the TV show.

2) Rick. Freaking. Jones.

I disagree with this, the colour was too intense in Ang's Hulk and a common complaint, I much prefer TIH's colour. Though I do agree LL did seem to try too hard to avoid Ang's Hulk, essentially missing out some vital elements of the character.

To be honest those complaints always confused me....I thought his color was fine the first time, and too washed out the last time.

I want to see abomination with a slightly greener more solid skin color. Also I want to see some form of dry, rough formations on his skin, very scale like. I also want to see a hulk and abomy fight where abomy gets his skin burned and melted together like in the comics.
Story wise, I want the leader to be hidden and very mysterious like. I like the ideas of hulk showing off more of his strength.
I want to see a flash back where hulk is gray and ugly like in the story hulk:gray, further explaining the whole undeveloped gamma creature theory. I also want it to set up for a larger sequel.
And to close, I want some nods to some of hulks other villians.

I know the scope of this comment is narrow, but I want to see the Hulk coming out of a body of water, dripping with fury, with the same level of cgi rendering as the close-up of him holding Betty on the college campus in TIH.

Do we even know if we're still getting a sequel? If we are, I'm excited. I liked TIH, as well as Ang Lee's Hulk (don't shoot me!).

It hasn't been officialy confirmed yet, but I think it is the mystery film kevin feige mentioned that would be released in 2012.

One more change - more Samson. His role in The Incredible Hulk was edited to almost nothing.

Change the Hulk to look more like the early Kirby Hulk, around issues 4 and 5.

To be honest those complaints always confused me....I thought his color was fine the first time, and too washed out the last time.
Too bright the first time and more Hulk green the last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"