TIH Sequel changes?

One more change - more Samson. His role in The Incredible Hulk was edited to almost nothing.

Yeah... gotta agree with that. I don't even think he was referred to by a name by other characters.

Norton and Leterrier had something planned for him in future films but now he will need to be reintroduced if they want to use him again which will waste time because if his scenes weren't cut in TIH then there would be no problem!

Well since he was never named as being Samson in the movie, that doesn't mean he still has to play Samson later ;) .

Just saying.

To be honest, colour in both films were fine to me...honestly, thats such a minor detail, i was just happy they were green.

I dont know how i could do a sequel, either make the main bad guy more apparent, and have the hulk not be able to deal with him, or show the internal conflict to the extreme.

I think either or are there only two options, as everything else has already been done imo that would be within the guidelines and not to strive to far into the comicbook verse and bring in other hulks etc.

I think they should lose the idea of Banner controlling the Hulk. Maybe give Banner the idea that he is in control but the Hulk over powers Banner creating the conflict between the two. I think a dream sequence where the Hulk is chasing Banner, eventually catching him and hoisting him up by the front of his shirt, like in TIH #227 would be cool to see. I would like to see the Hulk say a few more words and lose the goofy facial expressions. Look the Hulk is power amped up to the nith. His face should express that. His eyes can tell you that he’s thinking but the goofy “Duh” look has got to go. Clearly show that the madder he gets the stronger he gets. Let the Leader capture him and put him in an unbreakable cell/cage and let him go at it for awhile. Have the Leader have monitors or something on him that shows a spike in Gamma as the Hulk continually pounds against the walls/bars until he ultimately breaks out. BUT NO GROWING!!!! In the end, another throw down with the Abomination would be cool but I think The Absorbing Man would be better. That’s it for now.

CJ

I I think a dream sequence where the Hulk is chasing Banner, eventually catching him and hoisting him up by the front of his shirt, like in TIH #227 would be cool to see.

I remember that in the TV Show there was a dream sequence when Banner and Hulk were in the same scene. I think Banner was under hypnosis and the pair were in a desert with Hulk in a cage. Banner is happy and smiling because he thinks Hulk can't get out but Hulk does and starts to chase Banner.

But what I would like for a dream sequence is Banner and Betty being both together. Real peaceful, just want Banner always wants and wishes for but then the ground starts to crack and break and as Banner and Betty try to remain together, Hulk appears and pulls Banner away and Ross appears and pulls Betty away.

I am sure that this was used similarly in the Hulk cartoon series opening.

If a tih sequel happens, do you think letterier should come back to direct, or should they target another director, if so then who ?

There are better directors. Have ILM or Framestore make the CGI. Just in case.

I say keep LL but stress the point to him that he doesn't need to be afraid of Ang's hulk, I believe he left alot of important elements out of TIH because he didn't want it too similar to Ang's hulk i.e. Leaping and healing.

I remember that in the TV Show there was a dream sequence when Banner and Hulk were in the same scene. I think Banner was under hypnosis and the pair were in a desert with Hulk in a cage. Banner is happy and smiling because he thinks Hulk can't get out but Hulk does and starts to chase Banner.

That's in the second season opener, "Married." It's under a hypnotic therapy by Caroline Fields, Banner's future wife in that ep (90 minutes TV movie actually).

Hmmm? I would say he very much did that in TIH.

In TIH Hulk kept killing people (or trying to do so, Blonsky survived only because of the super soldier serum). In Lee's Hulk he tried to save the very pilot who tried to kill him first. In TIH the only reason why he didn't kill Abomination was because Betty asked him not to.

In TIH Hulk kept killing people (or trying to do so, Blonsky survived only because of the super soldier serum). In Lee's Hulk he tried to save the very pilot who tried to kill him first. In TIH the only reason why he didn't kill Abomination was because Betty asked him not to.

Ang's hulk tried to kill Ross don't forget, he also threw a tank a mile with no concern without any concern for those inside amongst other things, they weren't that dissimilar in this sense.

Ang's hulk tried to kill Ross don't forget, he also threw a tank a mile with no concern without any concern for those inside amongst other things, they weren't that dissimilar in this sense.

I think Hulk checked sometimes if there were people inside of the tanks. I remember him taking some soldiers out. In TIH he had no doubt in killing those in the helicopter.

In worst of cases, Ang Lee bothered to make us sure everyone survived. We can see the soldier alive in that tank Hulk threw away. No one died in Hulk as a result of his actions.

Leterrier even emphasized this point by having Betty stopping Hulk from killing Abomination.

There better be a sequel for this movie, I really enjoyed it more than Iron-Man. I felt Hulk had more interesting characters and developments.That aside, I agree with the original poster, tone down the intensity of the eyes or just give him those same old lenses Bixby wore, much more effective in my opinion if you have to show the eyes.

Also, the CGI would need to be reworked as I found that Ang-Lee's Hulk appeared more realistic than the new one, however, the new Hulk looked exactly as he should, intimidating (when fighting) and innocent (well when calm). On action side, there was enough, just add a bit more environmental destruction.

Furthermore, make the movie a bit longer, in the new Hulk we really didn't settle into the mind of Dr. Banner, I mean as we were about to the movie suddenly shifted into action. Another thing, have Ms. Tyler speak up a bit, she seemed to be whispering than talking.

More than anything, just slow it down just a bit in the next one.

There better be a sequel for this movie, I really enjoyed it more than Iron-Man. I felt Hulk had more interesting characters and developments.That aside, I agree with the original poster, tone down the intensity of the eyes or just give him those same old lenses Bixby wore, much more effective in my opinion if you have to show the eyes.

Also, the CGI would need to be reworked as I found that Ang-Lee's Hulk appeared more realistic than the new one, however, the new Hulk looked exactly as he should, intimidating (when fighting) and innocent (well when calm). On action side, there was enough, just add a bit more environmental destruction.

Furthermore, make the movie a bit longer, in the new Hulk we really didn't settle into the mind of Dr. Banner, I mean as we were about to the movie suddenly shifted into action. Another thing, have Ms. Tyler speak up a bit, she seemed to be whispering than talking.

More than anything, just slow it down just a bit in the next one.

I really think that the editing Marvel did eliminated alot of "meaty" scenes and that hurt the characterization. Funny thing about the whispering, in Ang's movie the vast majority of the movie was spoken in whisper :yay:.

I think Hulk checked sometimes if there were people inside of the tanks. I remember him taking some soldiers out. In TIH he had no doubt in killing those in the helicopter.

In worst of cases, Ang Lee bothered to make us sure everyone survived. We can see the soldier alive in that tank Hulk threw away. No one died in Hulk as a result of his actions.

Leterrier even emphasized this point by having Betty stopping Hulk from killing Abomination.

Sure the Hulk in TIH was more vicious in the fights, but I liked it that way. And when he was calm (ie the cave) you could see that he wouldn't hurt a fly. But I still won't say that the Hulk in Ang's movie didn't "intend" to kill. The soldiers and whoever else just gets caught up in the collateral damage of the hulk. That is realistic. When he threw the tank, c'mon? Those guys in reality would be seriously hurt. When he tackeled the helicopter?

Ang simply showed, as you aptly and correctly said, that these guys were fine regardless of the destruction. LL did the same thing in TIH. When the Hulk was destroying the hummer, those guys were falling out. When he crushed the sonic wave gun, he wasn't going for the soldier operating it. Yeah, those guys in the helicopter did die if the movie follows realism, but was the Hulk trying to kill those guys or was he trying to protect Betty? I think they simply got caught up in the collateral damage.

As for Blonsky, I look at him just like the aliens in The Ultimate Avengers animated feature. The Hulk had no problem tearing those things apart because they posed a threat. Blonsky posed a threat, the biggest threat that the Hulk has come across. And he wanted to stomp him like a bug (or Spartan kick him). The fact that Betty stopped him from killing Abom in the end was an illustration that the Hulk was not a monster, ie he was not a killer like Abom was.

I really think that the editing Marvel did eliminated alot of "meaty" scenes and that hurt the characterization. Funny thing about the whispering, in Ang's movie the vast majority of the movie was spoken in whisper :yay:.

You're right, I think Norton had a good reason to be upset. About Ang Lee's Hulk, well some of the dialogue may have been spoken in whisper, but even then I could understand it. However, in case of Ms. Tyler, I had to listen very carefully to get every bit of her spoken words. The thing is, she has a soft voice, and speaking in low volume doesn't really helps :cwink:.

Sure the Hulk in TIH was more vicious in the fights, but I liked it that way. And when he was calm (ie the cave) you could see that he wouldn't hurt a fly. But I still won't say that the Hulk in Ang's movie didn't "intend" to kill. The soldiers and whoever else just gets caught up in the collateral damage of the hulk. That is realistic. When he threw the tank, c'mon? Those guys in reality would be seriously hurt. When he tackeled the helicopter?

Ang simply showed, as you aptly and correctly said, that these guys were fine regardless of the destruction. LL did the same thing in TIH. When the Hulk was destroying the hummer, those guys were falling out. When he crushed the sonic wave gun, he wasn't going for the soldier operating it. Yeah, those guys in the helicopter did die if the movie follows realism, but was the Hulk trying to kill those guys or was he trying to protect Betty? I think they simply got caught up in the collateral damage.

As for Blonsky, I look at him just like the aliens in The Ultimate Avengers animated feature. The Hulk had no problem tearing those things apart because they posed a threat. Blonsky posed a threat, the biggest threat that the Hulk has come across. And he wanted to stomp him like a bug (or Spartan kick him). The fact that Betty stopped him from killing Abom in the end was an illustration that the Hulk was not a monster, ie he was not a killer like Abom was.

I couldn't of said things better, I agree with you whole heartedly.

Sure the Hulk in TIH was more vicious in the fights, but I liked it that way.

Glad you liked it. But that ahs never ever been a Hulk’s characteristic. He ahs always been portrayed as somneone who’s unable to kill on purpose. On the contrary, he many times has saved the life of those who has been trying to kill him. And that’s why he’s a tragic misunderstood monster who is entitled to ask to be left alone.

The way he’s portrayed in TIH makes Ross and the U.S. Army completely right about trying to catch/kill him, because this Hulk IS a real menace for humankind.

And when he was calm (ie the cave) you could see that he wouldn't hurt a fly.

The cave scene is amongst the good things about this movie.

But I still won't say that the Hulk in Ang's movie didn't "intend" to kill. The soldiers and whoever else just gets caught up in the collateral damage of the hulk. That is realistic. When he threw the tank, c'mon? Those guys in reality would be seriously hurt. When he tackeled the helicopter?

Well no.

That’s why Lee put the scene where Hulk is painfully attacked by a jet and even so he doesn’t doubt to save him from crashing. As opposite to throw a heavy object at it with the purpose of destroy the machine and whoever is inside of it. And that’s also why Lee put enough evidence that everyone who was attacked back by Hulk didn’t die.

What Hulk did with the helicopter was tackling it. He didn’t destroy it completely.

The only one dying in fgront of Hulk was Talbot and he had it coming. He knew bullets ricochet in Hulk's skin.

Ang simply showed, as you aptly and correctly said, that these guys were fine regardless of the destruction.

And he did it for a reason.

LL did the same thing in TIH.

I take it as there’s a deleted scene where the soldiers in that helicopter survived?

When the Hulk was destroying the hummer, those guys were falling out. When he crushed the sonic wave gun, he wasn't going for the soldier operating it. Yeah, those guys in the helicopter did die if the movie follows realism, but was the Hulk trying to kill those guys or was he trying to protect Betty? I think they simply got caught up in the collateral damage.

All Hulk had to do in order to protect was having Betty under his body. Which he did when the helicopter was firing at them.

After that, his actions were going for destruction, not protection.

That said, another thing with Leterrier is how the soldiers were attcking Hulk no matter the General’s daughter was obviosuly with him. And that said, Ross didn’t do what’s necessary to protect his daughter. All she needed to do was punching a soldier and BAM, she was in danger in spite of so many soldiers (and his own father, a general) were there. Either those soldiers weren’t very good or they didn’t put too much attention to the general’s orders and/or daughter being there.

As for Blonsky, I look at him just like the aliens in The Ultimate Avengers animated feature.

Except that... yes, he is not an alien and Hulk certainly knows what the ‘puny humans’ are like. Like being mortal.

The Hulk had no problem tearing those things apart because they posed a threat. Blonsky posed a threat, the biggest threat that the Hulk has come across.

A puny human whose bullets can’t hurt him and who was like half the size of the Hulk... posed a threat to him???

In anything he posed annoying bug you want to scare so he would go away. But Hulk was all about killing here. So much that Leterrier let us know that the Hulk only learnt how NOT to kill once Betty Ross taught him so at the end of the movie.

And he wanted to stomp him like a bug (or Spartan kick him).

That’s the problem. A human being is perceiveed by this Hulk as a thrterat.

U.S. Army is completely right when they’re trying to destroy him.

By perceiving simple humans as threats Hulk has become a real threat himself.

The fact that Betty stopped him from killing Abom in the end was an illustration that the Hulk was not a monster, ie he was not a killer like Abom was.

If he was not about to kill Abomination, why did he need Betty to beg him against iut. Why did Leterrier need Betty’s intervention at that point if Hulk was never going to kill Abom?

Betty HAD to do it otherwise Hulk was going to kill him. Hulk had Abom fainted but he wouldn’t stop choking him. And he stopped only and exclusively when Betty intervened.

Glad you liked it. But that ahs never ever been a Hulk’s characteristic. He ahs always been portrayed as somneone who’s unable to kill on purpose. On the contrary, he many times has saved the life of those who has been trying to kill him. And that’s why he’s a tragic misunderstood monster who is entitled to ask to be left alone.

The way he’s portrayed in TIH makes Ross and the U.S. Army completely right about trying to catch/kill him, because this Hulk IS a real menace for humankind.

The cave scene is amongst the good things about this movie.

Well no.

That’s why Lee put the scene where Hulk is painfully attacked by a jet and even so he doesn’t doubt to save him from crashing. As opposite to throw a heavy object at it with the purpose of destroy the machine and whoever is inside of it. And that’s also why Lee put enough evidence that everyone who was attacked back by Hulk didn’t die.

What Hulk did with the helicopter was tackling it. He didn’t destroy it completely.

The only one dying in fgront of Hulk was Talbot and he had it coming. He knew bullets ricochet in Hulk's skin.

And he did it for a reason.

I take it as there’s a deleted scene where the soldiers in that helicopter survived?

All Hulk had to do in order to protect was having Betty under his body. Which he did when the helicopter was firing at them.

After that, his actions were going for destruction, not protection.

That said, another thing with Leterrier is how the soldiers were attcking Hulk no matter the General’s daughter was obviosuly with him. And that said, Ross didn’t do what’s necessary to protect his daughter. All she needed to do was punching a soldier and BAM, she was in danger in spite of so many soldiers (and his own father, a general) were there. Either those soldiers weren’t very good or they didn’t put too much attention to the general’s orders and/or daughter being there.

Except that... yes, he is not an alien and Hulk certainly knows what the ‘puny humans’ are like. Like being mortal.

A puny human whose bullets can’t hurt him and who was like half the size of the Hulk... posed a threat to him???

In anything he posed annoying bug you want to scare so he would go away. But Hulk was all about killing here. So much that Leterrier let us know that the Hulk only learnt how NOT to kill once Betty Ross taught him so at the end of the movie.

That’s the problem. A human being is perceiveed by this Hulk as a thrterat.

U.S. Army is completely right when they’re trying to destroy him.

By perceiving simple humans as threats Hulk has become a real threat himself.

If he was not about to kill Abomination, why did he need Betty to beg him against iut. Why did Leterrier need Betty’s intervention at that point if Hulk was never going to kill Abom?

Betty HAD to do it otherwise Hulk was going to kill him. Hulk had Abom fainted but he wouldn’t stop choking him. And he stopped only and exclusively when Betty intervened.

Sorry, gonna disagree with this. Talbot had it coming, but Blonsky didn't? Talbot was just as stupid to mess with something like the hulk, which resulted in him being owned. I still hold the position that soldiers got caught up in the collateral damage. The only PERSON that the hulk went after was Blonsky, and Blonsky walked right up to the Hulk. Hulk would've just let him go, but he had to be a persistent butt...and he got owned. All the other times the Hulk went for the machines. I know you may mention the bottling factory, but I do not believe there is enough evidence to say that those guys/soldiers he tossed died on the Hulk's account. Afterall, the dude that he threw through 3 panes of glass survived (and LL made sure we knew it). In my mind, the Hulk is not a killer, but a devastator, which was clearly indicated by the cave scene which was immediately preceded by the destruction of the US army. Two sides of the Hulk, just don't get on his bad side...or you will get owned.

Sorry, gonna disagree with this. Talbot had it coming, but Blonsky didn't?

Oh, Blonsky knew he had the serum. But Hulk didn't.

It was Hulk who smashed every bone in Blonsky's body. It was the exploding bullet who killed Talbot, not Hulk.

Talbot was just as stupid to mess with something like the hulk, which resulted in him being owned. I still hold the position that soldiers got caught up in the collateral damage.

If I shoot at someone and kill him, the bullet is not collateral but the direct cause of death. And if that bullet is shot by me, then I am the killer.

Bullet = heavy metal piece.
Killer = Hulk.

The only PERSON that the hulk went after was Blonsky, and Blonsky walked right up to the Hulk. Hulk would've just let him go, but he had to be a persistent butt...and he got owned.

Owned = killed.

It was Hulk's intention to kill him. Hulk had the power to jump 10 feet away from him if he wanted to get rid of him, and from what he knew, Blonsky or any other puny human can't do that by himself. But no. He did something to kill him and he only failed at it because of some unexpected factor: the super soldier serum. Even Ross thought he was dead.

Comics or movies the Hulk has never killed a human being because he was too persistent.

All the other times the Hulk went for the machines.

At least one of them with people inside.

I know you may mention the bottling factory, but I do not believe there is enough evidence to say that those guys/soldiers he tossed died on the Hulk's account.

I don't really need to mention that, since the Hulk killed in cold blood at the campus.

Afterall, the dude that he threw through 3 panes of glass survived (and LL made sure we knew it).

Opposite to the helicopter scene, where he made sure we knew they died.

In my mind, the Hulk is not a killer,

In the movie, he is.

but a devastator, which was clearly indicated by the cave scene which was immediately preceded by the destruction of the US army.

Hulk has traditionally destroyed tanks and helicopters. Killing humans has never been his characteristic. If he's a killer then bravo for the army, Hulk is dangerous and has no difficulties in killing people because he perceives them as a threat or persistent.

Two sides of the Hulk, just don't get on his bad side...or you will get owned.

Owned = killed.

Not even close. I don't know if you clearly saw both hulk movies but I didn't see hulk kill anyone intentionally, and with blonsky I don't seriously think hulk tried kill blonsky, maybe hulk didn't realize his own strength ;)

The way I see it, the Hulk would easily kill in self-defense, but not run around killing innocents in a rampage. I think that's the distinction that has to be made here.

Not even close. I don't know if you clearly saw both hulk movies but I didn't see hulk kill anyone intentionally,

Maybe myour dvd player is skipping scenes and you missed when he threw that big piece of metal directly to the helicopter making it to explode.

and with blonsky I don't seriously think hulk tried kill blonsky,

Then he was trying to play with him? Maybe he was trying to kick something and Blonsky put himself in the middle?

No. Hulk kicked him even when Blonsky was a half his size puny human.

Blonsky, super soldier serum and all, had every bone crushed. Hadn't he had that serum and any other human being would have died instantly.

maybe hulk didn't realize his own strength ;)

Which makes him a real menace, and thus now it's not just an exaggeration by Gral.Ross and the Army. They're right about trying to stop Hulk; given the circumstances he kills intentionally.

Anyways, Ang Lee's Hulk did know his strenght and never killed anyone.

JAK®;17184008 said:
The way I see it, the Hulk would easily kill in self-defense, but not run around killing innocents in a rampage. I think that's the distinction that has to be made here.

The way reality has put it, Hulk never kills humans no matter the circumstances.

Maybe myour dvd player is skipping scenes and you missed when he threw that big piece of metal directly to the helicopter making it to explode.

Then he was trying to play with him? Maybe he was trying to kick something and Blonsky put himself in the middle?

No. Hulk kicked him even when Blonsky was a half his size puny human.

Blonsky, super soldier serum and all, had every bone crushed. Hadn't he had that serum and any other human being would have died instantly.

Which makes him a real menace, and thus now it's not just an exaggeration by Gral.Ross and the Army. They're right about trying to stop Hulk; given the circumstances he kills intentionally.

Anyways, Ang Lee's Hulk did know his strenght and never killed anyone.

We just need to agree to disagree with this. To me, there was a clear demonstration in TIH with who the monster/killer was, and it wasn't the Hulk. In fact that is what the movie studied: what makes a monster. Abom's rampage into the crowd clearly defined what one can do with such a power. It was classic heroism with the Hulk confronting and stopping Abom by preserving the life of many people. Betty's involvement at the end was a subtle reminder to the Hulk: don't let yourself become a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"