Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like the way Depp would sometimes slip into his Jack Sparrow voice. It was distracting.

Anyone else going to buy the 2-disc special un-anniversary edition that was released on DVD 3/30/10?

Last edited:
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced 1-disc DVD ($29.99), 1-disc Blu-ray ($39.99), and 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo ($44.99) releases of Alice in Wonderland for the 1st June. The only extra material on the DVD release will be 3 featurettes ("Finding Alice", "The Mad Hatter", "Effecting Wonderland"). The Blu-ray releases will include the above, along with the following additional featurettes ("The Futterwacken Dance", "The Red Queen", "The White Queen", "Scoring Wonderland", "Stunts of Wonderland", "Making the Proper Size", "Cakes of Wonderland", "Tea Party Props", "Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen"). A digital copy of the film will also be included on the Blu-ray/DVD combo.

aliceinwonderlandr1art1.jpg

aliceinwonderlandr1art2.jpg

aliceinwonderlandr1art3.jpg

this was such a **** film... unbelievable ****, especially since Burton is one of my favorite directors

the title is Alice and on one cover Depp's face is the whole cover.

bravo. this is pathetic.

Disney should change the name of the film to Johhny Depp in Wonderland.

why is it called alice in wonderland, when the mad hatter is right in dead center of everything. Alice isn't even looking at the camera! mia is probably thinking "how the hell did i get into this mess."
The hatters face is even in the little box on the side! Grrrrr :oldrazz:

Well, that was the image used from that art work that was released earlier so they just took the middle image out of the 3.

it's upsetting because when the actress who played Alice could be a huge star one day. i can image the double dips to feature her more.

It's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....where the **** is Charlie?

There's no way in hell I would ever pay that much for a DVD.

There's no way in hell I would ever pay that much for a DVD.
Those are really never the prices in store you pay. I don't know why its like that for all the time. It'll be like 30 dollars for the combo pack i'm sure.

I paid that much for the extended 4-disc LOTR DVDs...but I would never pay that much for 1 DVD.
...unless it was 'The Crow' signed by Brandon Lee...or 'Batman' signed by Michael Keaton. :yay:

I haven't seen the film but I'm thinking about getting the combo pack as the rest of my family has seen it and enjoyed it(and I am the only with a Blu-Ray player so far). But that price is pretty high....

I paid that much for the extended 4-disc LOTR DVDs...but I would never pay that much for 1 DVD.
...unless it was 'The Crow' signed by Brandon Lee...or 'Batman' signed by Michael Keaton. :yay:
Combo means your getting Blu Ray, Regular dvd and portable version for your computer.

Those are really never the prices in store you pay. I don't know why its like that for all the time. It'll be like 30 dollars for the combo pack i'm sure.

You can always find deals and specials, that is totally true. Although, I think the combo is worth it actually. Expect a digital copy and a DVD copy with the purchase of the three-disc Blu-ray set.

And the following are exclusive to Blu-ray:

-- The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken.
-- The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
-- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes.
-- The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland's good queen, about her character's journey throughout the process of the film.
-- Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie.
-- Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
-- Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline.
-- Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to "Cake Divas" where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale.
-- Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually.

Disney Movie Rewards gave their members $10 off for the combo version. I liked this movie. The Tweedles' CG bodies stood out to CG for me. I read from Ken Ralston the visual effects supervisor on the film, that initially the film was going to be motion captured like Beowulf. Burton decided he wanted the actors faces in the film, and not be CG, having the odd proportions of the the characters intact, in keeping with his designs. So the CG Tweedle's and Crispen's body was CG but their faces weren't. In the end the CG characters were more or less key framed. The motion capture, captured during principal photography wasn't used. Crispen's character had a smaller head than he does in real life, and stretched out proportions to 7 feet tall. His head movement was jerky because he was on stilts. If you look at the footage the CG body has natural fluiidity, but the head is jerky. I like the fanciful designs in this film, and it could only be achieved in a fully CG film, or with these techniques to make it work with live actors. Thank God we didn't get that Beowulf dead look in CG eyes. This film was a mix of all types of inventive techniques, in the end I like how it was pulled together creatively.

Last edited:
So i'm watching it right now and I just don't like the girl who played ALICE...she's so BORING...she doesn't seem to even be there in the film she seems i dunno BORED??

a wet fart has more emphasis than she ever could.

i read that Amanda Seyfried wanted the part, well goddamn she would have brought more LIFE to the part.

this movie was horrid.

So i'm watching it right now and I just don't like the girl who played ALICE...she's so BORING...she doesn't seem to even be there in the film she seems i dunno BORED??

To be fair, Alice was always bored in Wonderland. She always just blew everything off as a dream even in the original books.

To be fair, Alice was always bored in Wonderland. She always just blew everything off as a dream even in the original books.

ehh i never thought of it that way...but in the original disney movie Alice at least reacted like she was alive...she'd get all huffy puffy and annoyed.

the actress who played Alice gets all excited when shes acting with Anne Hathaway...you even see her hop away along side her at the end of the scene...as if she needs to be pleased in order to work at her job instead of lugging it along.
and i read the actress who played Alice complained about being bored on set with all the green screen...

she just sucked, and it came off unprofessional to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"