The Dark Knight Rises Timeline of Nolan's trilogy.

*sigh... There's always gotta be one.

No... it doesn't. The Joker's line doesn't confirm or deny anything.

Yeah, so? This doesn't confirm or deny anything either.

I don't expect you to believe anything. You're forgetting that Maroni didn't even consider him a threat until he walked into thier meeting. Even Batman wasn't concrened about him.

I've given you clear evidence that it take place 3 years after Batman Begins. Where are your facts? Points of Reference?

You're forgetting Rachel, she could have easily stood in for the DA. How do you know how long it took to rebuild Wayne Manor? There's no way you could.

I've done the research, I have sold facts and I know what I'm talking about. What do you have? Nothing but speculation. You can believe whatever you want, clearly nothing I say is going change your mind. Maybe you should go read the work I've done on the first timeline before jumping all over me.

What you are saying is pure specualtion, we gave you the facts, the film itself referenced that one year ago Batman wasn't around. We gave you the fact, every place state a time between 6 months to a year

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090210180848AAHgQnm

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...age-and-his-physique-in-the-dark-knight-rises

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Knight#Prologue

I don't like the fact that Batman was only around for less than a year but these are just the facts.

I just do it like this:
Pre-Year 22 - Bruce Wayne develops fear of bats; Waynes murdered, age 8
Pre-Year 7 - Bruce Wayne Missing, age 23
Year 1 - Batman Begins; Bruce Wayne, age 30
Year 2 - The Dark Knight; Bruce Wayne, age 31
Year 8 - The Dark Knight Rises; Bruce Wayne, age 39

Sounds right to me :up:

One what? One who doesn't agree with your opinion? You poor thing :whatever:

No... it doesn't. The Joker's line doesn't confirm or deny anything.

Yes it does. It confirms a year ago that Cops and Lawyers wouldn't dare cross them. In Batman Begins, Rachel and Finch went after the mob with the evidence Batman gave them. Dent went after Maroni in court in TDK. Gordon went after the mob's money using marked bills.

A year ago none of that was happening.

Yeah, so? This doesn't confirm or deny anything either.

Yes it does. What kind of logic have you got to offer to explain Joker spent 3 years committing armed robberies before he decided to approach the mob.

Do you really think Batman and Gordon spent three years dismissing Joker's antics as something that can wait while they spend 3 years doing what?

I don't expect you to believe anything. You're forgetting that Maroni didn't even consider him a threat until he walked into thier meeting. Even Batman wasn't concrened about him.

Yes, because he was still relatively new to Gotham. He was still just that same colorful armed robber he was at the end of Begins.

You're asking us to believe he spent three whole years doing robberies before approaching the mob lol.

I've given you clear evidence that it take place 3 years after Batman Begins. Where are your facts? Points of Reference?

What evidence have you given?

You're forgetting Rachel, she could have easily stood in for the DA.

She probably did in the interim brief period between Finch's death and Dent being elected. But you're saying it took Gotham 3 years to get a new D.A.? You're trying to say Rachel was a stand in for 3 years and then stepped down?

Come on, Alex, talk some sense here.

How do you know how long it took to rebuild Wayne Manor? There's no way you could.

Common sense. Bruce Wayne is rich. He can buy the best. What kind of cowboy construction crew do you think he hired that would take three years just to rebuild a mansion?

I've done the research, I have sold facts and I know what I'm talking about. What do you have? Nothing but speculation. You can believe whatever you want, clearly nothing I say is going change your mind. Maybe you should go read the work I've done on the first timeline before jumping all over me.

What facts? You've given nothing except a date you spotted on footage Bruce was watching on Joker's bank robbery footage. How does that support your claims that Begins was three years before this?

Last edited:
I just do it like this:
Pre-Year 22 - Bruce Wayne develops fear of bats; Waynes murdered, age 8
Pre-Year 7 - Bruce Wayne Missing, age 23
Year 1 - Batman Begins; Bruce Wayne, age 30
Year 2 - The Dark Knight; Bruce Wayne, age 31
Year 8 - The Dark Knight Rises; Bruce Wayne, age 39

I think that The Dark Knight possibly takes place during the end of Year 1.

Didn't TDKR also pass another year during the five months while Wayne is in the Pit? If you think about it, football doesn't start until September and I doubt so many people would want to see a pre-season game...five months later, it should have been a new year. At least January, maybe even February into the following year.

What you are saying is pure specualtion, we gave you the facts, the film itself referenced that one year ago Batman wasn't around. We gave you the fact, every place state a time between 6 months to a year.

Where in the film does it say that? It doesn't, I know because I've watched the film over 100 times. The film also referenced the date on which the Joker robbed the bank, but you're choosing to ignore that. Really? Because the TDK Manual, an offically licened book, says it was 5 years.

And how is anything of this "facts"?

What facts? You've given nothing except a date you spotted on footage Bruce was watching on Joker's bank robbery footage. How does that support your claims that Begins was three years before this?

This is the only part of your post that I need to reply to. The date is right there in black and white, July 18, 2008. You have nothing to disput that, it's in the film. I'm also not the only one who has spotted this.

The other point of reference is the newspaper in Batman Begins. Loeb holds it up and the date can be seen clearly, July 21, 2005. You are wrong and the facts in the film prove that.

Where in the film does it say that? It doesn't, I know because I've watched the film over 100 times. The film also referenced the date on which the Joker robbed the bank, but you're choosing to ignore that. Really? Because the TDK Manual, an offically licened book, says it was 5 years.

When Joker is with the gangs, he says one year ago the cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of them, and what stops Batman Begins from being set in 2008?

And how is anything of this "facts"?
They are examples, facts was most of what The Joker said, not only the one from TDK movie, but also what the user from the forums with that name said, i think he already gave you the right answers.

I didn't see your facts though, just you speculating about it being 3 years, not any concrete fact

This is the only part of your post that I need to reply to. The date is right there in black and white, July 18, 2008. You have nothing to disput that, it's in the film. I'm also not the only one who has spotted this.

Then show us a screencap of this. Or better yet show a link of some kind that confirms this if it's so factual.

The other point of reference is the newspaper in Batman Begins. Loeb holds it up and the date can be seen clearly, July 21, 2005. You are wrong and the facts in the film prove that.

Again show me some proof of this. If this is all so factual then facts are easily proven. Lets see it. You're spotting these little obscured dates, and they are the foundation for your whole argument. So lets see the proof.

EDIT: here, where is it because I can't make out anything: http://www.american-buddha.com/batmanbegins170.htm

Last edited:
When Joker is with the gangs, he says one year ago the cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of them, and what stops Batman Begins from being set in 2008?

Yes, I know he says that. I posted that qoute a page back. That doesn't prove anything.

So everything that took place in BB, everything in the middle and TDK all took place in one year? Sorry, but there's no way.

They are examples, facts was most of what The Joker said, not only the one from TDK movie, but also what the user from the forums with that name said, i think he already gave you the right answers.

I didn't see your facts though, just you speculating about it being 3 years, not any concrete fact

Do you see them now?

Last edited:
Yes, I know he says that. I posted that qoute a page back. That doesn't prove anything.

So everything that took place in BB, everything in the middle and TDK all took place in one year? Sorry, but there's no way.

Do you see them now?
No, because all you're doing is speculating, you haven't given a concrete fact yet, just you saying that it can't take place in a certain period, what i said in least has dialogue to prove it.

No, because all you're doing is speculating, you haven't given a concrete fact yet, just you saying that it can't take place in a certain period, what i said in least has dialogue to prove it.

The dialogue proves it. The plots of the movies prove it. Common sense proves it.

Alex is going off some obscured dates he saw on a newspaper and on security footage.

Then show us a screencap of this. Or better yet show a link of some kind that confirms this if it's so factual.

Again show me some proof of this. If this is all so factual then facts are easily proven. Lets see it. You're spotting these little obscured dates, and they are the foundation for your whole argument. So lets see the proof.

EDIT: here, where is it because I can't make out anything: http://www.american-buddha.com/batmanbegins170.htm

You asked me what I meant by this:

You are a person that has to see proof before you can believe anything. If you didn't see it, it didn't happen. You can't just take a my word on the matter, you've got to jump all over me because you can't look past your opinions. That's you.

The date is in the top left corner under the red box that says "Midtown Same Day". July 21, 2005. Blu Ray is my friend, it could be your friend too.

I've spent countless hours doing research on these films for the sole purpose of giving something back to the fan community. Maybe you should factor that into your thinking and get back to me when you've done something equally noteworthy.

It is all speculation because it doesn't matter. Pd used the years in which the film was coming out to theatres so it feels relevant upon release. No one can prove anything either way. I would rather believe the three years for the simple reason that I want batman to have been around longer before having been forced to retire. But there is evidence to disprove either version, so ultimately, take it as a full cohesive story - timeline is irrelevant.

You are a person that has to see proof before you can believe anything. If you didn't see it, it didn't happen.

Because I don't buy your three year logic based on an obscured date you spotted, that means I don't believe anything unless I see it.

Brilliant logic.

You can't just take a my word on the matter, you've got to jump all over me because you can't look past your opinions. That's you.

Why should I take your word for it when the dialogue and events of the movies contradict you?

The date is in the top left corner under the red box that says "Midtown Same Day". July 21, 2005. Blu Ray is my friend, it could be your friend too.

I have it on blu-ray. I don't see it.

I'm asking for some proof of this if it's so factual. You still have not given any. If it's a fact then you can prove it. It's not an unreasonable request.

I've spent countless hours doing research on these films for the sole purpose of giving something back to the fan community.

Good for you. Does that make you exempt from being disagreed with?

Maybe you should factor that into your thinking and get back to me when you've done something equally noteworthy.

You mean something like this: http://www.jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

It is all speculation because it doesn't matter. Pd used the years in which the film was coming out to theatres so it feels relevant upon release. No one can prove anything either way. I would rather believe the three years for the simple reason that I want batman to have been around longer before having been forced to retire. But there is evidence to disprove either version, so ultimately, take it as a full cohesive story - timeline is irrelevant.

My work is irrelevant, thanks. Don't worry, this is the last of my irrelevant that you will see.

It is irrelevant. Don't take things so personally. If you asked Nolan, I'm sure he could give you dates, but would tell you that they're just so they would know, but that they don't matter to the characters or story in terms of the experience.

I'm not saying your work is without value, but that because of the complexities of cinema, there WILL be inconsistencies within the work that will make it nearly impossible to pinpoint the real timeline due to errors we don't even know exist.

It is irrelevant. Don't take things so personally. If you asked Nolan, I'm sure he could give you dates, but would tell you that they're just so they would know, but that they don't matter to the characters or story in terms of the experience.

I'm not saying your work is without value, but that because of the complexities of cinema, there WILL be inconsistencies within the work that will make it nearly impossible to pinpoint the real timeline due to errors we don't even know exist.

Congratulations, you've managed to soil the well for everyone!

Get a better TV.

Better yet, why don't you get some proof instead of huffing and puffing and just saying it's there.

Wow, stop the press, you made a one page blog. I designed a whole website with graphics, information, and hundreds of pages... from scratch.

See that's the difference between you and me. I went and researched the hell out of the Joker from the last 60 years of comics to make that blog. Spent ages scanning dozens of comics and writing up the information to go with it. When I made it I wasn't demanding respect for doing it, or comparing it to other people's Batman blogs, or thinking my opinion was better than other people's just because I went and did something Batman related of my own free will.

Nobody asked you to make your website. Nobody forced you to. You are not better than anyone else, least of all me because you decided to make it. Sorry if that bruises your ego.

Better yet, why don't you get some proof instead of huffing and puffing and just saying it's there.

See that's the difference between you and me. I went and researched the hell out of the Joker from the last 60 years of comics to make that blog. Spent ages scanning dozens of comics and writing up the information to go with it. When I made it I wasn't demanding respect for doing it, or comparing it to other people's Batman blogs, or thinking my opinion was better than other people's just because I went and did something Batman related of my own free will.

Nobody asked you to make your website. Nobody forced you to. You are not better than anyone else, least of all me because you decided to make it. Sorry if that bruises your ego.

So I guess I threw mine together in seconds? :whatever:

Assume a few more things about me, you're only making youself look like a fool.

Why the hell are you so angry Alex Logan? We can't disagree with you and now you keep acting as if your word was law? We only asked facts and gave ours for why we think it takes place during that time, now because we don't agree with you we don't understand?
My work is irrelevant, thanks. Don't worry, this is the last of my irrelevant that you will see.
Why act like that? I care for the Star Wars Expanded Universe but many consider it non-canon, you don't see me sulking because of that. Don't take it so personally, you say you did hours of research, but that's no escuse to be like that with us, we're all fans of the movies, so we should respect each other's opinions

So I guess I threw mine together in seconds?

I never said that. I never devalued your efforts in making your website in any way. You're the one who started harping on about your work, and saying I should do something like that before I question your opinion etc. Then you go and mock my blog when I show you I did do something.

You are behaving like the ultimate hypocrite.

Assume a few more things about me, you're only making youself look like a fool.

potkettleblack.jpg

Why the hell are you so angry Alex Logan? We can't disagree with you and now you keep acting as if your word was law? We only asked facts and gave ours for why we think it takes place during that time, now because we don't agree with you we don't understand?

:lmao:

You're funny dude. I'm not angry, just disappointed. You can disagree all you want. You gave your facts, but mine didn't matter to you. You dismissed them.

Why act like that? I care for the Star Wars Expanded Universe but many consider it non-canon, you don't see me sulking because of that. Don't take it so personally, you say you did hours of research, but that's no escuse to be like that with us, we're all fans of the movies, so we should respect each other's opinions

You're not respecting my opinion, you can't even see past your own. Your friend Joker over there has done nothing but dismiss my claims and make fun of everything I've said. I'm just done man, I don't care anymore. I didn't do all this work to get stepped on.

Last edited:
I never said that. I never devalued your efforts in making your website in any way. You're the one who started harping on about your work, and saying I should do something like that before I question your opinion etc. Then you go and mock my blog when I show you I did do something.

You are behaving like the ultimate hypocrite.

potkettleblack.jpg

You mocked me with your very first post here. Your condescending tone has been running though out this whole thread. I've had enough of you to last a life time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"