Titans Titans General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Robin's costume is the only positive thing I can say. It looks GREAT. Everything else? goddamn.

"**** Batman! I have anger issues!" :argh::funny:

Yup, this is exactly worse than I was thinking based on those photos. They went past dark and gritty right into a terrible rendition of what Teen Titans should be. That they somehow learned nothing from the already overloaded dark and gritty tone of their previous movie attempts is still somehow a surprise.

What is their audience for this? The mature rated tone means they will cut out a slice of the teenage and all of the pre-teen audience, much of the older audience is going to probably pass on it (nothing there felt like Teen Titans) and what sliver of audience is left is likely to thin out as it keeps going.

So instead of going a bit lighter and more comedic, or at least less "**** Batman" they decided to go full on murder spree (literally, as we saw) and do stuff only Batfleck would do... the very thing that drew the worst criticism.

Oh, and that is completely forgetting to address the laughable job they did on everyone but Robin's costumes. Did they blow their budget on that? He looked fine. Far too lethal but visually at least he fit the part.

giphy.gif

I don't see the problem with the **** Batman line. He's a teenager, of course he uses bad words when cursing someone.
Agree about the dark, pretentious part. Why do they have to force the serious tone on Titans ?

I feel like watching this show now just to see how much it can make me laugh.

Yeah, people curse. It's a thing. Everything else though? **** that!

Here's the thing. If Robin is so angry at Batman that he would say F him, why would he still be wearing the same costume he wore when they were partners? Wouldn't he adopt the Nightwing persona?

Here's the thing. If Robin is so angry at Batman that he would say F him, why would he still be wearing the same costume he wore when they were partners? Wouldn't he adopt the Nightwing persona?

Well, I guess he didn't have the time to make a new suit yet. But since I haven't followed the entire production at all, will he become Nightwing at some point in the show, or is he going to be Robin for the whole season?

In the first issue of New Teen Titans Rick had his issues with Bruce, but he was still Robin, and living in the penthouse above Wayne Tower.

Man, it looks so cheap that even Blumhouse would pass on it.

A teenager working as a cop?

Just rewatched the trailer. You're right, he looks mid 20s. Maybe 25 I'd say
But adults swear, too. Not only teenagers.

The song choice for trailer is terrible.

Last edited:
From today’s press release:

DC Universe Digital Subscription Service Now Available For Pre-Order

Thursday, July 19th, 2018

Annual Memberships On Sale for $74.99 Pre-Order by July 22, 2018 for a Chance to Win Two Tickets to the Highly Anticipated Aquaman Premiere

Batman Beyond, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and Justice League the Animated Series Join Digital Service Line Up

Pre-Order available at DCUNIVERSE.com as well as at DC Booth at SDCC​

Fans looking to experience the first-of-its-kind digital subscription service that is DC UNIVERSE are one step closer today. Slated for release in fall 2018, fans in the United States can now pre-order DC UNIVERSE at DCUNIVERSE.com for the yearly membership fee of $74.99 (plus tax, if applicable in your state). Monthly memberships will be available at launch for $7.99 a month.

To celebrate today’s pre-order availability, DC UNIVERSE and Warner Bros. Television released a first-look at the upcoming exclusive original series Titans with the trailer premiere. The highly-anticipated series will debut on the digital service in the fall of 2018. In addition, more fan-favorite DC library content has been confirmed for the DC UNIVERSE line-up, including Batman Beyond (1999), Justice League the animated series (2001-04) and Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008-11).

As an added pre-order bonus, DC UNIVERSE is offering The Aquaman Premiere Sweepstakes*. Fans who pre-order between Thursday, July 19 (9:30 a.m. PT) and Sunday, July 22 (5 p.m. PT) will be automatically entered for a chance to win two tickets to the U.S. premiere of the Warner Bros. Pictures film Aquaman in December 2018.

Comic-Con attendees who visit the DC booth #1915 and pre-order, will receive an exclusive collectible t-shirt. Fans can also visit the DC UNIVERSE Experience at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter to immerse themselves in content from the upcoming service and literally walk through the new originals, beloved classics and iconic comics.

Fans who pre-order a yearly membership before the service’s launch in fall 2018 will get an additional three months of DC UNIVERSE for free. Annual memberships will go live with product availability in the fall.

DC UNIVERSE will be available in fall 2018 as a direct-to-consumer digital service, backed by Warner Bros. Digital Networks and built by Warner Bros. Digital Labs. Fans who sign up for memberships will enjoy new original live-action and animated series, classic TV series and films, a curated selection of comic books, breaking news, an expansive encyclopedia, and access to exclusive merchandise. Additional fan features include opportunities to connect with others in the DC community, earn premium rewards and participate in sweepstakes and contests.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous U.S. or DC who are 18 or older. Sweepstakes begins 7/19/18 at 9:30:00 a.m. PT and ends 7/22/18 at 5:00:00 p.m. PT. Limit 1 entry per person. For Official Rules, including odds and prize details, visit AquamanSweeps.com. Sponsor: DC UNIVERSE.

ABOUT DC UNIVERSE

DC UNIVERSE, launching in fall 2018, is a standalone digital experience designed for the DC fan. Showcasing DC’s iconic characters, DC UNIVERSE offers new original live-action and animated series, legendary films and series, and epic animated movies, as well as a fan community, a curated selection of comic books, and exclusive merchandise. DC UNIVERSE is operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks in collaboration with DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Digital Labs. DC UNIVERSE offers access to exclusive content and experiences not available anywhere else. To learn more, visit www.DCUNIVERSE.com.

"My name is Oliver Queen..."

My girlfriend lost her **** when I marathoned Arrow one day. :funny:

You never clicked skip intro? Assuming you're watching this on Netflix of course :yay:

Just rewatched the trailer. You're right, he looks mid 20s. Maybe 25 I'd say
But adults swear, too. Not only teenagers.
I didn't say anything against his profanity.

"My name is Oliver Queen..."

My girlfriend lost her **** when I marathoned Arrow one day. :funny:
I sympathize the poor girl.

I don't see the problem with the **** Batman line. He's a teenager, of course he uses bad words when cursing someone.
Agree about the dark, pretentious part. Why do they have to force the serious tone on Titans ?

Yeah, people curse. It's a thing. Everything else though? **** that!
**** Batman is kind of a shorthand for summarizing the trailer. It tells you everything you need to know about this series. It is way over the top and showing you it is going to be serious because they can curse and kill people and act way too angry.

The trailer looks as bad as everything leading up to its release indicated it would be? Of course.

I don't like the pricing of the subscription, and this show looks cheaper than the CW shows, which already look cheap.

I still like the Robin costume, I'm just not that impressed with the overall quality. So we'll see if this is any good. If it has good word of mouth, I may sub for one month to check it out. I think that pricing is way too high compared with its competitors like Netflix, Amazon and HULU. The content is like a drop in the bucket compared to those, and it's priced around the same.

This looks about as bad as I thought a Berlanti streaming show would look. Funny people bringing up Zack Snyder and forgetting who is actually behind this show.
While I agree this feels aimed at the DCEU edgelords, this is the truth. This looks like a Berlanti streaming show, and that is why it looks awful.

So while I somewhat notice some slight similarities to the Birth of the Titans arc, the trailer seems very try hard.

NTT’s tone was definitely mature and gradually got darker when the Trigon arc was released in the comics.

However to me this isn’t “dark” or “gritty”, it’s tryhard edgelord cringe.

Then there’s dime store Starfire, discount Raven, and bargain bin Beast Boy along with overacting Dick Grayson.....hopefully at some point we get a well done live action movie version of this franchise because I’m not sure this will be satisfying at all.

So while I somewhat notice some slight similarities to the Birth of the Titans arc, the trailer seems very try hard.

NTT’s tone was definitely mature and gradually got darker when the Trigon arc was released in the comics.

However to me this isn’t “dark” or “gritty”, it’s tryhard edgelord cringe.

Then there’s dime store Starfire, discount Raven, and bargain bin Beast Boy along with overacting Dick Grayson.....hopefully at some point we get a well done live action movie version of this franchise because I’m not sure this will be satisfying at all.

I'm very reluctant to call him, Dick Grayson. He's more... Jake Grayson to me.

Well.
My excitement for this show ended with the trailer:funny:

I didn’t like that at all.

I really don’t have a problem with the “**** Batman” line though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"