Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray this happens! Praying that Donna Troy is part of it to and not sidelined. I'm guess that Cyboth will most likely be in this regardless of being in BvS.

I pray this happens! Praying that Donna Troy is part of it to and not sidelined. I'm guess that Cyboth will most likely be in this regardless of being in BvS.

Plus it'll rule him out of the Justice League movie

So waiting for the new tune to change from "WB/DC have no plan for their characters. Why are they not matching the TV/NETFLIX/film out put of MARVEL?" to "Oh my God... WB/DC is putting out too much product and over saturating the market! They should slow down or THEY are going to ruin this new age of live action comic book adaptations."

Heh, if anything we're being spoiled right now. This is great honestly.

So waiting for the new tune to change from "WB/DC have no plan for their characters. Why are they not matching the TV/NETFLIX/film out put of MARVEL?" to "Oh my God... WB/DC is putting out too much product and over saturating the market! They should slow down or THEY are going to ruin this new age of live action comic book adaptations."

We already got some of that in the Supergirl thread.

Because, you know... something like 20 different Marvel franchises stretched out over three studios, that's fine. But DC starts making strides in TV? Too far.

I'd have to see the team's roster, but this is interesting to me. I'm torn between wanting it to be the 80s Wolfman/Perez roster and the Geoff Johns/McKone roster.

This is what was said years ago when they were trying to make a film...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/teen-titans-growing-up-at-137584

Teen Titans growing up at Warner Bros.

5:00 AM PST 05/31/2007 by Borys Kit, AP

DC Comics' superteam Teen Titans is getting the big-screen treatment courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures.

The live-action adaptation is being produced by Akiva Goldsman and Kerry Foster through their Weed Road banner, while Mark Verheiden has been brought on board to write the script.

The Teen Titans first appeared in 1964 as a sort of junior Justice League, comprising Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Wonder Girl and Speedy, the respective sidekicks of A-list heroes Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow.

The comic series reached X-Men-style success in the 1980s, when the team was relaunched in a new comic with the characters no longer kids but college-age adults and the stories explored more mature themes. The series also saw the addition of Cyborg, Starfire and Raven, original characters who weren't sidekicks, while the character of Robin matured into one called Nightwing.

Most recently, the comic was adapted to the television screen with a Cartoon Network series that ran from 2003-06 that used many of the '80s comics' heroes and story lines.

It is not known which heroes will be used, but Nightwing is said to be in the mix.

Goldsman said the tone will be consistent with such recent Warners' comic book fare as "Batman Begins," "Superman Returns" and the upcoming "Watchmen."

Jessica Goodman and Jesse Ehrman are overseeing for Warners.

Gregory Noveck is overseeing for DC Comics.

Verheiden, repped by CAA and Untitled, was a writer-producer on "Smallville," the TV series that revolved around the adventures of a young Clark Kent/Superman, and is a writer-producer on "Battlestar Galactica." Verheiden also is a comic writer and creator, penning "Timecop" and "The Mask," both of which were adapted to the big screen in the early 1990s.

Goldsman and Weed Road have several comic book movies in development, including "Doom Patrol" and "The Losers." He is in preproduction on the superhero-themed "Tonight He Comes," starring Will Smith.

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/510204813595144192

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/09/11/titans-tv-series-based-on-dc-comic-may-come-to-tnt/

7:00 pm ET
Sep 11, 2014 Comics

‘Titans’ TV Series, Based on DC Comic, May Come to TNT
By Ben Fritz

The Titans, a DC comic book team of young superheroes that has over the years included the sidekicks of Batman and Wonder Woman, are headed to the small screen.
Warner Bros., which owns DC Comics, is developing a “Titans” television series and is in talks with cable network TNT to air it, knowledgeable people confirmed. Warner Bros. and TNT are both owned by Time Warner Inc.

The Titans first appeared in 1964 as the “Teen Titans,” an all-teen sidekicks version of the adult Justice League.

However, the television series would more closely resemble a popular 1980s comic called “New Titans.” It featured a 20-something version of Robin who changed his moniker to Nightwing, as well as the new heroes Starfire, Raven and Cyborg.

Akiva Goldsman, who wrote “A Beautiful Mind,” “The Da Vinci Code,” and 1990s superhero sequels “Batman Forever” and “Batman & Robin,” is writing the “Titans” pilot, along with Marc Haimes.

Goldsman was previously attached to produce a “Teen Titans” movie at Warner Bros. that was never made.

Like most television programs in development, it’s possible that “Titans” will never actually make it to air.

A lighthearted animated series called “Teen Titans Go!” currently airs on Cartoon Network. The live action series in development is expected to be a more straightforward dramatic adventure.

The “Titans” news comes as Warner Bros. is about to launch three new DC Comics-based series on three different networks: “Flash,” “Constantine,” and Batman prequel “Gotham.” They join DC’s “Arrow,” already on the air, and “iZombie,” which will likely debut early next year.

Series based on DC’s “DMZ” and “Scalped” are also in development.

For much more on the onslaught of superhero series coming to your TV, read this Wall Street Journal story.

Then there's the dreaded Arrow/BvS embargo to worry about....

THAT'S what I want... a dramatic series based on Wolfman and Perez's New Titans... JUST the thing I need and want to get that vile taste of Teen Titans Go out of my mouth...

Teen Titans Go! is great.

Then there's the dreaded Arrow/BvS embargo to worry about....

lol "embargo", please... if there's any sort of embargo, at least it isn't as strict as it used to be. A Young Batman series was stopped in it's tracks because WB was planning for a Year One type movie, JL/JLU couldn't use any of the Batman family aside from Bats himself and the most Smallville was ever able to delve into that Batman stuff was name-dropping Gotham City. Now look at it, we've got Batfleck, we've got a Batman prequel show, we've got characters like Ra's Al Ghul and Harley Quinn on Arrow... post-TDKT, I don't know how quickly they're throwing out embargoes.

What embargo would they have to worry about anyway? Don't the Titans have a good amount of villains they could use? Plus, there are those they can create for the show. Besides all that, I still think WB should just simply say this is all just one big Multiverse.

If they cannot use Roy Harper because of Arrow, then I'd love to see them use Artemis as their "archer" character. She was my favorite from the YJ cartoon.

I wonder how they're gonna follow Manu bennett's awesome Deathstroke. :shr:

I mean Deathstroke HAS to be in this show.

Now this can be cool. Cant wait.

If they cannot use Roy Harper because of Arrow, then I'd love to see them use Artemis as their "archer" character. She was my favorite from the YJ cartoon.

Or use Mia Deardon (proper) or Cissie King at best

I want Static to appear on this show.

I want white eyes...

[YT]doXntJaJ-nQ[/YT]

[YT]wvvvEK_6_fk[/YT]

[YT]EhHoUGlTFEo[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"