Titans (New Series) Official Thread

Ugh, I just finally stopped by my local comic shop and picked up the Titans East special...it pissed me off. :(

So they killed off all of those characters, just so they could release this title? I don't see why they couldn't avoid this and go with another story to get the original team (for the most part) back together. :dry:

Considering that I hated Power Boy, Hawk, and Dove and don't give a flying **** about Lagoon Boy, Son of Vulcan, and Anima I have no choice but to give Winick a :up:

Mostly for killing Power Boy, Hawk, and Dove.

Also, I liked Churchill's art here. Much better than what he did on Supergirl.

Admittedly, it's a roundabout way of doing it, but it really was all to kill Power Boy. Like me, Winick had a burning passionate hatred for Power Boy, and felt that Power Boy was not unlike a herpetical lesion on the penis of the DC Universe, and had to be removed at all costs. Winick, unlike me, had the power to DO something about it. Like Gandhi, he had the power to be the change he sought in the world.
Winick really had some kind of vendetta against Power Boy? :confused:

Son of Vulcan couldn't have died, because he's in Titans of Tomorrow...

and Lagoon Boy was cool... classic Young Justice recurring character...

U really can't "kill" Hawk and Dove.
I wonder who the new agents of Chaos and Order are?

I really didn't like the death of SoV and LB,.... Both had promise back when they were active. I wonder what SoV's busty robot's going to do?

meh,.. better linda danvers limbo than this,............

U really can't "kill" Hawk and Dove.
I wonder who the new agents of Chaos and Order are?
I thought all that Chaos and Order stuff went out the window after the last age of magic ended. There are no Lords of Chaos or Order anymore; they're all dead.

They were shown losing their powers in the Day of Vengeance mini after their respective Lords died, but now they just...have them again. For some reason.

But to be fair, it is magic.

They obviously just came under new management. They're now the agents of Love and Kittens, respectively.

More like the Agents of Not Bathing and Cosplay...

Judd Winick is never gonna hear the end of that, is he? Even though it fits RIGHT into the way Power Boy was characterized previously...

Poor Lagoon Boy.

Winick didn't have to kill him, could have given him Fish-AIDS or something.

Poor Lagoon Boy.

Winick didn't have to kill him, could have given him Fish-AIDS or something.

Your sarcasm is noted,... I wonder what brought this seriously offensive issue about?

Why did they have to die?

whyd they have to die? because no one will stop winnick... he wanted to show the world why he shouldnt write comics so someone would stop him... anyone else bothered by the fact that he just murdered and entire group of teenagers? thats messed up...

It was probably to show that modern superheroics are too dangerous for young people. I'm betting that's why the original (adult) Titans get back together. Granted, I'm sure they're not going to do anything about the other team of teenaged Titans, several of whom have already died, but whatever.

that would require actually paying attention to continuity on winnick's part... good joke

I just find it a bit egotistical, he comes along and goes "Right, these characters are crap - kill them all off" it's like that infamous issue of Eclipso a few years back that in two pages killed off about 16 people.

You're job as a writer is to make people care about characters, not shock them.

Power Boy didn't bathe and was into cosplay?
No, he was obsessed with Supergirl, and stalked and assaulted her. Cosplay sex with a chick wearing Supergirl duds fits right into his sick, twisted psyche.

Luckily, he died.

I just find it a bit egotistical, he comes along and goes "Right, these characters are crap - kill them all off" it's like that infamous issue of Eclipso a few years back that in two pages killed off about 16 people.
Sure did remind everyone of who the **** Eclipso was though!

No, he was obsessed with Supergirl, and stalked and assaulted her. Cosplay sex with a chick wearing Supergirl duds fits right into his sick, twisted psyche.

Luckily, he died.
The world is truly a better place.

Trying to decide:
Given a choice - Would I want the Emo o' Steel or the Perv of Power?

The Perv is controlable,.... just put a reasonably attractive woman into a supergirl costume

The Emo is not,.. three beat downs later HE STILL doesn't have a clue.

Superman-Prime still wears the S, my man. He's still a Superman, and I've a feeling his story ends redemptively.

The Perv of Power...I'm glad that ****er's dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"