Titans Titans - S01E02 - Hawk and Dove

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
In search of a safe haven for Rachel, Dick arrives on the doorstep of vigilante heroes, Hawk and Dove.

I find this episode much better paced than the pilot. Dawn is too tan for a blond and Teagan Croft's acting is still the weakest.

Btw who is the woman in the picture outside Dawn and Hank's bathroom? Is she mother of either of them?

The shows gone up a notch for me, I really liked this episode and keen on seeing more of Titans.

This episode was certainly better then the first episode. I am surprised I liked Hawk & Dove as much as I did even though they did a bad job of introducing them (who are these people, what are their code names, do they have powers) thank god I know about the characters from the comics.

Hawk and Dove seem to be ****ty at Superheroing though lol, Hawk gets his ass kicked 3 times within the episode! But Alan Ritchson is so hot as Hawk, way hotter then he ever was as Aquaman (though he looks way older then 33). But them sucking was kind of a relief as most heroes (Arrowverse) get away unscathed when they are up against a group of bad guys and its like 1 vs. 10.

They seem to have stripped Hawk & Dove of being avatars of Lord & Chaos and thus they are just regular joe schmoes which is disappointing as they could've used their semi-supernatural connection to tie in with Rachel.

It did make me laugh that all 4 characters are named after birds. Should've been titled "Birds of a feather"

Love this show. It's as good as the Netflix stuff from Marvel imo. Needs a bigger budget though. If I'm not mistaken those warehouse and alley sets have been re-used already and we're only 2 episodes in.

Love this show. It's as good as the Netflix stuff from Marvel imo. Needs a bigger budget though. If I'm not mistaken those warehouse and alley sets have been re-used already and we're only 2 episodes in.

Yeah they definitely need a bigger budget and I am hoping since they want to be all "we have to do things you cant do on basic cable" that we have some episodes that are longer then the standard 42mins.

I like the first episode but this took it up a notch. Loving the violence and the darkness. Robin is a badass!

so now that we're done praising the show let's discuss some of the mysteries. What was up with the red-eyed raven at the end there? Is it a drone used by the tattooed cult after Rachel? Is it Rachel somehow projecting her spirit self? Is it Trigon? Are the Nuclear family a part of the cult or hired by the cult to find Rachel or are there competing entities looking for her? How is it Kory came to be looking for her? Are the injections used by the Nuclear family Venom? Did they kill Grayson's partner after getting Grayson's location from her? (I'm guessing they used the phone to geo-loc him)

I enjoyed the pilot, but this was more enjoyable! Hawk and Dove were great as was their dynamic with Robin. Still not enjoying Raven, and how brutal Robin is, but I really enjoyed him calling
Alfred.

Fight choreography was well done, that family was really creepy, and the ending was shocking.

so now that we're done praising the show let's discuss some of the mysteries. What was up with the red-eyed raven at the end there? Is it a drone used by the tattooed cult after Rachel? Is it Rachel somehow projecting her spirit self? Is it Trigon? Are the Nuclear family a part of the cult or hired by the cult to find Rachel or are there competing entities looking for her? How is it Kory came to be looking for her? Are the injections used by the Nuclear family Venom? Did they kill Grayson's partner after getting Grayson's location from her? (I'm guessing they used the phone to geo-loc him)
The Nuclear Family clearly answers to some organization, though I've actually figured we might have multiple organizations after Raven; some want to kill her like the guy in the pilot, there's probably a Trigon cult after her to unleash her dark side, and I wouldn't be surprise if someone else just wants to use her power for themselves.

Overall, this was a much more focused episode that showed how the show can go full superhero-genre when focusing on Robin or his fellow vigilantes. It's not nearly as horror-style as the pilot, and the episode features a lot more conventional superhero storytelling, including some clear lore delivered by exposition.

This episode's lore about Batman and Robin getting more brutal is why I'm getting my buddy to watch the first two episodes for out first impressions review on our podcast. I already made a Recap/Reaction/Review video:

I'm still really, *really* hoping they have a good plan for Batman and Robin's brutality; I see potential if they do it right, but it's risky.

Anyone else thought
the Hawk being cucked by Dove and Robin subplot
was weird?

The Nuclear Family clearly answers to some organization, though I've actually figured we might have multiple organizations after Raven; some want to kill her like the guy in the pilot, there's probably a Trigon cult after her to unleash her dark side, and I wouldn't be surprise if someone else just wants to use her power for themselves.

Overall, this was a much more focused episode that showed how the show can go full superhero-genre when focusing on Robin or his fellow vigilantes. It's not nearly as horror-style as the pilot, and the episode features a lot more conventional superhero storytelling, including some clear lore delivered by exposition.

This episode's lore about Batman and Robin getting more brutal is why I'm getting my buddy to watch the first two episodes for out first impressions review on our podcast. I already made a Recap/Reaction/Review video:

I'm still really, *really* hoping they have a good plan for Batman and Robin's brutality; I see potential if they do it right, but it's risky.
hopefully it doesn't end up like arrow where the protagnist him is bothered by it, but won't be able to stop doing so. well in arrow he still keep killing due to the writer/show runner & his Marc Gugenhime being poor. before they removed him finally. but the character stuck there to a degree where never stuck to a solution for that and the police force never made senses in their actions .

Hopefully that won't be the case here.

I am finally watching this. This show is so unintentionally hilarious. It's like a moody teenager, that things it is so much cooler then it is. Also I love, love, love how no matter where on Earth they are, it looks like they are in Canada. :lmao:

My one image review.
OMdmaMo.jpg

Last edited:
Really good episode here. Didn't know anything about Hawk or Dove so nice first look at them.

Loved the introduction for Hawk, how many times in superhero shows/movies have we seen the trope of them being tied up with the "I'll never talk" attitude? As soon as Hawk seen those scissors his facial changes was excellent lol.

Dove's intro was cool I really like her cape but wasn't quite sure if it was meant to be a weapon or not?

The dynamic between them when they were back in the apartment was probably my highlight of the episode, they felt like a real couple and Hawk at least felt like what a superhero would be like if he had survived this long. He's damaged physically and mentally.

Although I will admit im a bit confused as to why they showed the scene of him trying to shoot pool with a rope:funny:. Was it meant to be a consequence of the steroids we see him taking in the bath?

The Nuclear Family are pretty damn creepy im not gonna lie random creepy crying kid in the corner of my house is getting a boot to the back of the head will ask questions later lol.

Sad to see Dawn likely taken out of the game for the rest of the season but I will admit I thought Hawk would be the one to go.

Im liking brutal Robin those R-shaped shurkien's are sick.

9/10

It has really surpassed my expectations and I'm really looking forward to more. I agree on budget though.

Really good episode here. Didn't know anything about Hawk or Dove so nice first look at them.

Loved the introduction for Hawk, how many times in superhero shows/movies have we seen the trope of them being tied up with the "I'll never talk" attitude? As soon as Hawk seen those scissors his facial changes was excellent lol.

Dove's intro was cool I really like her cape but wasn't quite sure if it was meant to be a weapon or not?

The dynamic between them when they were back in the apartment was probably my highlight of the episode, they felt like a real couple and Hawk at least felt like what a superhero would be like if he had survived this long. He's damaged physically and mentally.

Although I will admit im a bit confused as to why they showed the scene of him trying to shoot pool with a rope:funny:. Was it meant to be a consequence of the steroids we see him taking in the bath?

The Nuclear Family are pretty damn creepy im not gonna lie random creepy crying kid in the corner of my house is getting a boot to the back of the head will ask questions later lol.

Sad to see Dawn likely taken out of the game for the rest of the season but I will admit I thought Hawk would be the one to go.

Im liking brutal Robin those R-shaped shurkien's are sick.

9/10
The Nuclear family are totally creepy and very well done. I like seeing Hawk and Dove take a beating to show that there is a real threat and vulnerability to the heroes here. And yes those Robin shurikens are awesome.:D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"