TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everybody points to "color correction" and "lighting" but that suit is dark. Even the red is dark on the boots and the \S/. That's a city street in the middle of the day.

I don't have a problem with it. I just can't believe how a majority of fans are accepting this so easily based off the complaints on the suit from the last movie. I guess we're getting a Superman movie, so therefore everything is fine once again.

The red and blue were brighter in the spy pics before these.

I've said for years that as Clark Kent, his hair should be worn down. Not slicked back in any way, shape, or form. And go the opposite route of Smallville. Never show Clark wearing Superman colors. His shirts should be green, grey, black, etc. I'd actually dress him alot of black. No, not to be brooding or dark or anything like that. but black is slimming and it would hide his muscular body.

The red and blue were brighter in the spy pics before these.

Brighter, but still on the dark side overall. It has a ruddy look to it. Could be after a battle or something too. Never know. I can't really tell until we see some more promo shots, but the reaction is ironic.

Yes, the spy pics before you can see the suit has reflective qualities to it. In one of the last spy pics the shield is literally glowing in direct sunlight.

I know everybody points to "color correction" and "lighting" but that suit is dark. Even the red is dark on the boots and the \S/. That's a city street in the middle of the day.

I don't have a problem with it. I just can't believe how a majority of fans are accepting this so easily based off the complaints on the suit from the last movie. I guess we're getting a Superman movie, so therefore everything is fine once again.

I personally love the suit, but I agree with you in that I am shocked more people haven't thrown endless tantrums. I think the realization that a modern Superman movie is finally being made has fanboys shushed at the moment.

Last edited:
318193_241228152589061_221774371201106_784693_7951095_n.jpg

That's a funny sort of yellow. Sometimes it looks Burger King-cheese yellow. Others...

303923_241225072589369_221774371201106_784690_220919_n.jpg

... it looks kind of grey, even.

It looks like it was glossed over to give it a reflective glow. I like it. Plus, Henry is looking fine and that's A.O.K. in my book.

Brighter, but still on the dark side overall. It has a ruddy look to it. Could be after a battle or something too. Never know. I can't really tell until we see some more promo shots, but the reaction is ironic.

I personally love the suit, but I agree with you in that I am shocked more people haven't thrown endless tantrums. I think the realization that a modern Superman movie is finally being made has fanboys shushed at the moment.

I've thought that as well. But the dark red of the SR suit really seemed to annoy people more after the movie came out and got a worse reputation as time went on. Now people seem to like that the cape is not as dark. There are complaints about other stuff and we will see if these complaints will get worse (or go away) after the movie is released.

The costume looks great and the muscles look very good and realistic. I love this costume and the blue is amazing. It looks like a cross between the Earth One suit colors (which I have been begging for people to do a decent manip that looks like the Earth One suit since the book came out) and the Fleischer Superman. It looks great. Reminds me as far as the colors are concerned as this:

tumblr_li1pvmyGDg1qgmihpo1_500.jpg

I was bored yesterday, so I went through the old costume threads, Part 1, Part 2, so on and so forth.

There were some manips made showing Superman without his trunks, a good amount of posters were saying how it wasn't Superman. Now some of the same posters are loving this new look and what not. It's not a knock against any one poster, I think as you said, a movie is coming out so all of the demands they were going on and on about for months or years got thrown out the window.

Same thing with the colors. The colors were so important in these threads, no dark blue and the red had to be bright. The only bright red on this suit is the cape.

Again no real problem with the suit, but I get so interested in the irony of it all.

I really love the cape, its a bright rich red. I also love the boots and the \S/ symbol.
That said, My gripes, I'd prefer the trunks be there. I'd also prefer the blue be a little brighter and i'd like the \S/ put back on the cape. Those gripes aren't dealbreakers tho.

Overall, I think its better than the last suit. I really can't decide if its the suit thats so much better, or if its cavill that makes it better, or if it's a combo of both.

All I know is I have a much better vibe about things this time.

Last edited:
Wrong showtime. Look at the red on his chest in both the pics just posted. The full body shot the red is much much brighter then in the pic by the car door, it's almost glowing in the body shot pic.

Like I said, the suit obviously has reflective qualities to it, depending what angle being shot at.

I was bored yesterday, so I went through the old costume threads, Part 1, Part 2, so on and so forth.

There were some manips made showing Superman without his trunks, a good amount of posters were saying how it wasn't Superman. Now some of the same posters are loving this new look and what not. It's not a knock against any one poster, I think as you said, a movie is coming out so all of the demands they were going on and on about for months or years got thrown out the window.

Same thing with the colors. The colors were so important in these threads, no dark blue and the red had to be bright. The only bright red on this suit is the cape.

Again no real problem with the suit, but I get so interested in the irony of it all.

The difference in my eyes at least, being one of the people who absolutely hated the colors of the Singer suit, is that the darker blue compliments the red better and doesn't look quite as offputting as the light blue milkskin against maroon/brown - material seems to be better. The red is a bit lighter than the last iteration (or at least once Singer put that terrible filter on it) so far the colors are the least of my issues, I trust Snyder's visual instincts more than Singer as well.

Superman costume:

31327023806405623880422.jpg

31592023806407623880222.jpg

(Facebook Superman page)

Showtime; Look at the difference in brightness of the shield in the 2 pics. There's reflective qualities going on with this suit, depending the angle and where light is hitting it, the thing brightens up big time, which I feel is gonna look really cool on film.

Are people actually worrying because he's not wearing a cape in these pics?

For all we know this is prep time before filming a scene.

The difference in my eyes at least, being one of the people who absolutely hated the colors of the Singer suit, is that the darker blue compliments the red better and doesn't look quite as offputting as the light blue milkskin against maroon/brown - material seems to be better. The red is a bit lighter than the last iteration (or at least once Singer put that terrible filter on it) so far the colors are the least of my issues, I trust Snyder's visual instincts more than Singer as well.

Exactly. I've been arguing about having a darker color blue for a while, the shade of blue from either the Alex Ross art, or the American flag or the Earth One shade of blue with just regular red for the costume. A light bright blue with the bright red looks like the Christopher Reeve suit. The dark blue compliments the bright red cape very well.

Just speculating here, but its possible the pics I posted of his suit are after he has gone a few rounds with Zod and company..maybe its supposed to look kinda grungy by that point.
He isnt wearing his cape afterall, maybe it got ripped off.

Showtime; Look at the difference in brightness of the shield in the 2 pics. There's reflective qualities going on with this suit, depending the angle and where light is hitting it, the thing brightens up big time, which I feel is gonna look really cool on film.

Yeah, the shield at least has a metallic coating, I think.

And the setpics really show a dark suit compared to the promoshot. Will they brighten it up in post to match the promoshot or will it just be this dark?

Battle damage or CGI cape for the scene to get it to react how they want...

I think you're right! Though, I was expecting to be able to see some sort of harness under the suit. Unless it'll be on the outside and they'll CGI it out...

I would imagine exactly what you just said. I hope we get footage of his wirework shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"