The Amazing Spider-Man Tobey Talks Spider-Man 4

Hey is anyone gonna check out "Brothers"? The Plot looks interesting. Spiderman and the Prince of Persia fights over Thor's girlfriend. This ought to be entertaining.

I remember people were laughing at the trailer in the theatre one time. It at first seems like a kind of silly story but I'll most likely rent it because it could turn out to be decent drama.

A few nights ago on Conan O' Brien, Toby Maguire was on and they showed a clip. It had him and Portman in the kitchen with Maguire whigging the **** out. He seemed to be doing a good job but at the same time it seemed a bit like overacting.

A few nights ago on Conan O' Brien, Toby Maguire was on and they showed a clip. It had him and Portman in the kitchen with Maguire whigging the **** out. He seemed to be doing a good job but at the same time it seemed a bit like overacting.

Yes, this is in fact the topic of the thread. :oldrazz:

Brothers was great. A very intense movie.

Saw Brothers (2009) last night, and i have to say, Tobey did a amazing job. Him palying a bit of psycho really showed. I also think
the way he moved his eyes and his facial expressions when he came back from the war really showed how crazy he was.
Tobey really is a very underestimated actor.

I think sam missed a trick by not developing 'bad pete' in the black suit more. he (sam) played it for laughs but there was far more potential with pete being an out and out psycho

I think Raimi's interpretation was that of geeky Peter Parker developing a dark persona.

He's been very careful about trying to ensure that Peter remains that awkward kid from the first movie.

Put Peter wasn't as awkward once he got into college. College years was the Romita Sr. era, and Peter was more confident by this point.
I think if he wanted Peter to stay awkward and geeky then he should have left him in high school.

I don't understand where all the hate for Tobey comes from, I'm amazed it exists. Since the movies I can't picture any other actor playing Peter Parker! I hope next year I stay away from spoilers when they begin shooting for S4!

I don't understand where all the hate for Tobey comes from, I'm amazed it exists. Since the movies I can't picture any other actor playing Peter Parker! I hope next year I stay away from spoilers when they begin shooting for S4!

I'm not...

I think even Toby fans should admit that he is not the best choice for Peter.
For the movies that Raimi is putting out, he works. But I never would have casted Toby if I were in charge of casting.

I think sam missed a trick by not developing 'bad pete' in the black suit more. he (sam) played it for laughs but there was far more potential with pete being an out and out psycho

Agreed. Imagine if Tobey had brought some of the darkness to the symbiote-infected-Peter that he showed in Brothers. (Not that degree of darkness, of course, but more than what we saw in SM3.) It would have helped the movie so much.

I think even Toby fans should admit that he is not the best choice for Peter.
For the movies that Raimi is putting out, he works. But I never would have casted Toby if I were in charge of casting.

I'm a fan of Tobey and I cant think of an actor I would prefer, so no.

Agreed. Imagine if Tobey had brought some of the darkness to the symbiote-infected-Peter that he showed in Brothers. (Not that degree of darkness, of course, but more than what we saw in SM3.) It would have helped the movie so much.

It's the writing, man. :csad: Tobey himself is fantastic, but he also has to follow the script. I do hope he gets more keen on taking creative reign like with the whole quippage thing he did for that early scene in 3. Hearing that was his idea really made me a fan of his.

I'm going to post the following to every response on every board I go on because I'm reading useless debates on here like "No Lizard is stronger than this guy, and Kraven uses his skills, and Carnage is not that insane" you are all basically saying yeah go ahead Raimi make another Dawson's Creek episode with Spider-Man eye candy:

I could really care less who the villains will be in the next movie. All I want, for the love of GOD, is a true Spider-Man movie, a true representation of the feel good semi-confident Peter Parker that when he gets into the costume he's a charmingly funny makes you feel safe Spider-Man, not catering to the damn kiddies, with genuine and ENGAGING acting, a complex plot not made for morons, with awe inspiring Spider-Man action scenes... not recycled music shoddy swinging scenes, and extremely threatening villains that don't cry.

Oh, and f you Sony.

I'm going to post the following to every response on every board I go on because I'm reading useless debates on here like "No Lizard is stronger than this guy, and Kraven uses his skills, and Carnage is not that insane" you are all basically saying yeah go ahead Raimi make another Dawson's Creek episode with Spider-Man eye candy:

I could really care less who the villains will be in the next movie. All I want, for the love of GOD, is a true Spider-Man movie, a true representation of the feel good semi-confident Peter Parker that when he gets into the costume he's a charmingly funny makes you feel safe Spider-Man, not catering to the damn kiddies, with genuine and ENGAGING acting, a complex plot not made for morons, with awe inspiring Spider-Man action scenes... not recycled music shoddy swinging scenes, and extremely threatening villains that don't cry.

Oh, and f you Sony.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that.

You're right. With a mass of mindless simpletons out there settling for a lackluster out of character Peter Parker / Spider-Man, I'm really asking for too much.:whatever:

If the people who wrote Parker's character would have had a clue or two about the character (especially in SM2 & SM3), we would've got a much better Peter instead of the one we recieved. Although I'm not a fan of Maguire, he isn't a bad actor. I've already seen Brothers and his performance there is extremely good.

You're right. With a mass of mindless simpletons out there settling for a lackluster out of character Peter Parker / Spider-Man, I'm really asking for too much.:whatever:

You arent asking for too much. I'm saying it isnt going to happen.

Well, speaking for just myself since some people are decidedly shallow about this, the discussion of the details of the villains has nothing to do with 'settling for a lackluster, out of character Pete/Spidey', because I've been vocal about that subject too.

For some reason you appear to be implying (and correct me if I've misread you) that to care about how they write Peter and Spider-man makes discussing or caring about the villains asinine, and that caring about the villains automatically means that person doesn't give two s***s about how they write Pete/Spidey. But it doesn't work like that.

Just because one thing matters doesn't mean that nothing else matters. Different threads are designed to generate discussion about different things, but that doesn't make anything more or less important than another. I care about both how Spidey is presented AND about how the villains fall into play and whether or not they're appropriate for whatever hypothetical SM4 scenario. Which is what made the discussion of the villains' attributes that you so harshly generalized perfectly relevant to the quality of the films and productive for intellectual people who were arguing it to reach an educated consensus about what would work the best and why. It's a bit more than 'this guy is stronger than this guy'. And I find the discussion to be pretty damn important, thanks. Spider-man isn't the only character in these movies, after all. Other characters like the villains help tell his story and develop who he is.

Moreover, I fail to see how complaining about people discussing the villains in the villains threads will at all impact or improve the discussion of Peter Parker/Spider-man's writing. That's silly.

Last edited:
©KAW;17865991 said:
But did they make some of that stuff called love? :fhm:

:funny:

That's an interesting question though. We just see them sort of accept each other again and look depressed. It didn't feel so much like loving to me as mourning, but I guess that's a matter of interpretation. Maybe a somewhat open-ended ending was the intent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"