Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it's sometimes hard to communicate with any subtlety online.

Again, I'm not mad at you, but I hope you realize that, your own very heartfelt and personal route aside, there's room for more than one way to come to a fandom. Look, I've been a Marvel comics fan and an allover nerd since wayyyy before a lot of people here were even born. Back then, none of my girlfriends at school were willing or able to discuss the latest episode of Star Trek, and later on, certainly none of them were interested in my growing circa 1970's collection of comics. It excites me beyond belief that there are more women who 'get' stuff like this. Even if it's only on a limited or superficial level, it's still a start.

I hope you can find a way to understand THAT very personal background as well. It's a huge fandom with room for everybody. :yay:

I gotcha, just sayin that's why I am that way, of course, my own stubborn Italian nature don't help lol....but... Loki cuts off thors hand...kinda scratching my head lol

....but... Loki cuts off thors hand...kinda scratching my head lol

Ouch, right?

Someone on another site put forward the idea of it being Malekith himself who does the deed - while disguised as Loki. Hmmm.

I don't know. The first trailer implied to much towards thor and Loki, if it happens, it's probably most definitely Loki. It's appropriate for sure, but the thing that has me sratching my head is the fact that it happens lol in this movie...not what i would expect

Hiddleston himself had some interesting things to say about the prospects of Loki finding redemption. In his view, Loki embodies mischief, rebellion and his own brand of wickedness; he would betray himself by seeking redemption in any form.

I liked that interview, Loki is mischief, he is never going to be 'good'. I also liked Hiddleston's remark where he said no living thing is purely evil, that there is always some glimmer that could fan into something else. For Loki I think that his is that in some way he still loves his brother (even if he hates him at the same time). I think there is likely more to the overarching story than the footage reveals but even if Loki ends up having some sort of redemption arch, in this film or the next, it won't be a conventional or straightforward story. Which makes sense because there is very little about Loki that could be described as straightforward.

Hello, I'm new to the Thor boards, but after that incredible Tom Hiddleston stage performance I think I'm gonna be spending more time here!

I liked that interview, Loki is mischief, he is never going to be 'good'. I also liked Hiddleston's remark where he said no living thing is purely evil, that there is always some glimmer that could fan into something else. For Loki I think that his is that in some way he still loves his brother (even if he hates him at the same time). I think there is likely more to the overarching story than the footage reveals but even if Loki ends up having some sort of redemption arch, in this film or the next, it won't be a conventional or straightforward story. Which makes sense because there is very little about Loki that could be described as straightforward.

tumblr_lnctzpJuPo1qfpk12o1_500.jpg

the surtur saga peeeps

Hello, I'm new to the Thor boards, but after that incredible Tom Hiddleston stage performance I think I'm gonna be spending more time here!

Welcome aboard! Tom Hiddleston is amazing, isn't he?

It's a great time to be here with so much new stuff to discuss. Looking forward to hearing from you. :yay:

You know, the long, straight black hair is a nice look for Tom. It's sad to me really...just when I thought I'm over this silly obsession with a fictional character Tom goes and does something like this to make me lust after the psychotic bastard all over again.

Tom talks about going onstage as Loki at SDCC:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-tom-hiddleston-loki-marvel/#/1

Last edited:
You know, the long, straight black hair is a nice look for Tom. It's sad to me really...just when I thought I'm over this silly obsession with a fictional character Tom goes and does something like this to make me lust after the psychotic bastard all over again.

Tom talks about going onstage as Loki at SDCC:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/comic-con-tom-hiddleston-loki-marvel/#/1

Oh, you are such a fangirl, you closet Tom fangirl you!

They say admission is good for the soul... :cwink:

NerdHQ's conversation with Tom (about an hour long... haven't watched it yet myself, but I understand there's a velociraptor impression and some kneeling going on given images tweeted by a bunch of fellow Hiddlestonians in the past 12 hours or so)
[YT]jLX-tdqEjUg[/YT]

*indignation* No...I am not watching that video! Instead I'm going to go hunt velociraptor like monsters in Monster Hunter Freedom!

Welcome aboard! Tom Hiddleston is amazing, isn't he?

It's a great time to be here with so much new stuff to discuss. Looking forward to hearing from you. :yay:

Thanks! I don't know much about the Thor-verse but glad to be here amongst the company that do.

I like Tom Hiddleston all along but now I'm a legit fan. Thought it was very classy of him to do that. And in itself the performance was a masterclass in stage acting.

So I've watched most (not all) of the NerdHQ conversation (sorry, I can't make it through the Velociraptor impression near the end - I'll have to finish it at home where I can laugh out loud to my heart's content). Some good or at least interesting questions, I think, asked and as always Tom gives well thought out answers regardless of what the question was. He does a Chris Evans impression about 40min in or so (apparently, Chris was backstage after Tom got off stage after his Hall H monologue)... also impersonates Zach Levi.

NerdHQ's conversation with Tom (about an hour long... haven't watched it yet myself, but I understand there's a velociraptor impression and some kneeling going on given images tweeted by a bunch of fellow Hiddlestonians in the past 12 hours or so)
[YT]jLX-tdqEjUg[/YT]

I loved his answer to the question about what happened to Loki between Thor and the Avengers. He likened it to "The Asgardian version of Apocalypse Now."

The great thing about Hiddleston is he's a fan at heart just like the rest of us.

i just want to see this damn trailer so we can see what the hell is going on with the hand thing haha

Well Glad you're aboard, and REALLY thankful for such great Actors and actresses for Thor
Thanks! I don't know much about the Thor-verse but glad to be here amongst the company that do.

I like Tom Hiddleston all along but now I'm a legit fan. Thought it was very classy of him to do that. And in itself the performance was a masterclass in stage acting.

Anyone else think JJ Feild from Captain America: The First Avenger looks like Tom Hiddleston?

tumblr_lrshwr_UVBR1r3s2hio1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"