• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Tom Holland IS Peter Parker / Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!!!! After all this long time.
I'm happy that they went with Tom Holland. It's a really good choice.

However, it actually feels a bit anti-climax too. Like air leaving a balloon. I'm not that excited.
Guess I would have been if Asa Buttermilkcream got it.

They should've given us time to prepare, like giving a few warnings that an announcement was going to happen or a press conference. This just dropped out of nowhere.

AND HERE'S THE PM I'VE SENT TO SOME PEOPLE HERE WHEN I FOUND OUT:

Talion said:
Okay, here we go. Here's the deal, I'll post some intel we have gathered and it's more than one post, so bear with me here. There's more stuff. Are you ready?

It's Tom Holland. And it's been Tom Holland since the first week of ****ing JUNE.

He is there since probably June 4th, we got the ****ing dates wrong. One day prior to that June 3rd he posted the video with his brother and their dog. And how we know that? Well, we have a second secret agent within our ranks, and he(she) noticed something that I haven't before: his girlfriend went to a play performed by one of his best friends on her own in June 4th. What happened right after that? Well, duck chasing at the pond in Atlanta. That definitely happened the Sunday that he screen tested and already ****ing KNEW IT about the role, but since her girlfriend went by himself, he probably stayed at her cousin's house by himself or at a hotel.

After that? Rock on with the dog at Atlanta's farm published by the morning of thursday and spider webs. Spider webs for what? Home coming? **** NO. The deal went through that day and they celebrated. How we know? Wednesday is the day that Agent M posted about some secrets that won't be shared publicly right soon.

After that we got him playing golf in Topgolf Atlanta, because well, Saturday is their day off since it's Chris Evans birthday. EITHER WAY, yes, more speculation galore, but it's all making sense now: Marvel and Sony didn't wait to decide anything AT ALL. He's been there since the first week that he came back. HE KNEW ALREADY, and while the deal was probably SIGNED last week, we are getting official confirmation anytime soon.

What makes me think it's definitely him: he is the only one in Atlanta besides Matt Lintz, but I don't think it's feasible that only him would come back from London while Asa would be there in London if they were needed there. And I don't think the screen testing phase went through ANY OTHER phase other than that saturday. I'm exhausted typing, but here you go. Tom Holland's and Kevin Feige's birthday gift was his Spider-Man role. There's not a ****ing single reason for him to be there if he didn't land it, and that explains how the other actors don't have a single clue of what is going on.

Tom Holland IS Spider-Man, mate. :spidey:

I couldn't tell anyone more than a close circle because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, screw Tom's chances or hurt the other actors feelings. I've been sitting on this for ten days now. I'm sorry if I've upsetted anyone, but it was for a greater good.

NOW IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should've given us time to prepare, like giving a few warnings that an announcement was going to happen or a press conference. This just dropped out of nowhere.

I sorta prefer this. I'd be driving myself crazy waiting. I remember when I thought it was going to be announced a while back and got really excited for it and just waited in misery only to be let down.

Best of luck and congratulations to Tom Holland! I am very unfamiliar with him as an actor but I have faith in Marvel on their decision. IMO this has got to be one of the best roles you could land--playing Spider-Man in a movie. So cool. I'm excited to see how well Tom does in this role and new set of films!

I couldn't tell anyone more than a close circle because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, screw Tom's chances or hurt the other actors feelings. I've been sitting on this for ten days now. I'm sorry if I've upsetted anyone, but it was for a greater good.

You truly are the greatest SHH Detective. You're awesome Talion

I'm not sure I follow. I thought Tom flew home for his birthday and was in London or the UK at the time. How was it his birthday gift? And how was he in Atlanta or are you saying he flew back there afterwards for further screen tests or to sign contracts?

Now if we could only get the costume reveal

I'm not sure I follow. I thought Tom flew home for his birthday and was in London or the UK at the time. How was it his birthday gift? And how was he in Atlanta or are you saying he flew back there afterwards for further screen tests or to sign contracts?

He flew back June 4th. That's how I knew he landed the role, then I've did some digging and realized that all the other actors remained clueless, while Tom kept it silent. He was a professional all the way, but the hints were there all the ****ing long.

Basically Talion was right all along that Tom went back to Atlanta and had been doing final negotiations/prep work while he was there. The thing was that he got the timing wrong; Tom hadn't gotten there several days prior to the golfcourse pic. He'd been there almost immediately after his birthday passed.

In other words, Tom left Atlanta on May 31 to go spend his birthday at home in London and then came back on June 4th.

He flew back June 4th. That's how I knew he landed the role, then I've did some digging and realized that all the other actors remained clueless, while Tom kept it silent. He was a professional all the way, but the hints were there all the ****ing long.

Which day is his birthday? He flew back where? To London or Atlanta?

Congrats to our new spider-man. don't disappoint me.

Nice. I just want, more than anything, for Spider-Man to be treated well. The cinematic universe has not been particularly kind to him in the past.

Marvel; Don't screw this up. Sony; Don't screw this up...again.

I think I need a refresher of the timeline as it's hard to remember what happened. When was the first screen test with Asa where his flight was supposedly delayed?

And when was it revealed that he was no longer in the running, along with Plummer and Lintz?

Was there even a second screen test between Tom and Charlie Rowe in which they decided between them? Or was Tom already cast after the first one where Asa was delayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"