When Tom Welling to become Superman in Smallville??

spideyrunner

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys do you all have any ideas when will Tom Welling to become Superman in Smallville??...he is well-deserved to be because he worked hard and learned alot about Superman's lives.

when's that cuz I'm getting bored with the stories about new krypto-villians and lex vs daddy stuff. I want superman doing his superman thing already dammit.

They've held off on the flying because it's probably costly to do all that and I understand it, but please give us loyal fans something awesome when he becomes the man of steel at the end and not just more running around punching people and dodging bullets matrix style. More of that stuff they did in the episode he flew in will be just fine.

What's more I think they should figure out how to explain why nobody would recognize superman as clark later on by having him wear glasses more often, or something...

That is all. Carry on.

Wesyeed, Clark just turned 19.......

And you're posting in this forum now? Oh boy...

No forum is safe anymore..

Stop harrassing me. It's annoying, kane. This isn't highschool.

I've been posting her for a long time. prettymuch since may 2005.

What about him being 19?

Wow. Im managed to annoy you... thats quite a major reversal.

Yes Clark is only 19, why would he become Superman this early?

TPTB even said the show would end with him becoming Superman, possibly wearing the tights etc

Erica Durance, at the Toronto Con last year, said that the minute he puts on the tights, "Smallville" will be over and she joked about not wanting to be out of a job.

So basically, Smallville will end with TW as Superman (probably in some flash forward some years into the future).... but its unlikely to expect it this early on.

I wouldnt be suprised if it ends without us even seeing him in the outift fully...

Ya same. But thats okay, Im not expecting much. If he does decide to wear the tights, it will probably be for a brief period or scene anyways. I'm guessing another flying sequence at best.

I like the idea of time jumping forward. He looks well.. 25 already. I'd like it if they changed th3 show to Metropolis and started his superman adventures next season or so.

That is all. Carry on.

Oh well. Too bad for you then. Smallville season 6 is confirmed. A 'Metropolis' series seems unlikely this late in the game. If they were to do one, it likely would have begun this season or the next (given the characters' move to college and relocation to Metropolis).

lol Let's hope it's a great season. I'm eager to see how they'll explain how he becomes unrecognizable as supes. If he wears glasses as superman, I'll officially join milky's smallville club because he doesn't seem to like the show much.

Why the hell would he wear glasses as Superman? They'll simply just go the Dean Cain route ala 'Lois and Clark' and use 'suspension of disbelief'. It wouldnt be the first time SV relied on that to explain gaps in logic.

As far as Lois and Lex, I think they'll be aware of his secret right off the bat....which will be interesting, but messed up at the same time.

Theres also the very likely possibility they wont explain it at all....and leave it up to all the fanfics to deal with.

I really dont think there's gonna be a Metropolis series and the idea seems a bit stupid considering there's a Superman movie franchise that is set in Metropolis.
Plus I think A&M's intention was to always have a Smallville show

Ya exactly.

It would suck without Lex anyways and I dont think Rosey is up for shaving his head for 5 more years.

Super_Ludacris said:
I really dont think there's gonna be a Metropolis series and the idea seems a bit stupid considering there's a Superman movie franchise that is set in Metropolis.
Plus I think A&M's intention was to always have a Smallville show

You're right, this new franchise might be so good it'll make a show unnecessary and probably confusing too. I still want one though just for me :( :up:

I want The Question as a series. But hey, thats WB for you. They'd rather do Aquadude. -_-

Kane said:
I want The Question as a series. But hey, thats WB for you. They'd rather do Aquadude. -_-

I prefer BATMAN . but since BATMAN BEGINS, that won't happend .

Smallville's Superman should just commit suicide because he's so pathetic.

Kal-El 8 said:
I prefer BATMAN . but since BATMAN BEGINS, that won't happend .

Mmm. Batman is charted territory though. I couldnt possibly imagine what a live action version would cover on a weekly basis that Timm's BTAS didnt cover perfectly already.

The Question has alot of unexplored potential, especially as a crime drama/ cop show. It can still tap into Batman-like aspects but also do its own thing.....having a wild-card vigilante fight for justice who the public isnt sure whether hes on the side of the police or the villians.

Give him an edgy, controversial House-like personality (similar to his portrayal on JLU) and have the episodes also deal with moral/ethical issues/questions raised in society....and thus "The Question" also takes on a second meaning.

He did fly, to stop a missle in the hidden episode. I don't think that was jumping, because they showed the energy build up on the gound before he took off, just like when he flew as Kal-El.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"