Toy Story 5

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score

Disney, I know you're greedy but holy crap. :dry:

I know this was brought up when TS4 was announced but, will this include Woody and Buzz, or just one of them, or a new cast of toys?

Still need to watch 4. Got the Blu-ray on the Black Friday that movie was out, but still haven’t gotten around to watching it.

I think 4 is really bad, and shouldn't have happened, but at the very least the third film ended in a way that left the door slightly ajar. 4 ends in a way that I can't imagine a way it would make sense to continue the story unless everything is radically different/new which I don't think Disney would want.

I know this was brought up when TS4 was announced but, will this include Woody and Buzz, or just one of them, or a new cast of toys?
That's the confusing part (spoiler-tagging this for Sawyer's sake):

Woody is now with Bo Peep. Are they just going to focus on Buzz and the others without him around? Or if it's about a new cast of toys, then what's the point other than a pointless soft reboot? There are no good storytelling avenues to go from here, this currently just feels like a cash-grab.

Oh **** off, Disney. And Pixar, you used to be so much better than this. You were really pushing it with 4 and while it turned out okay it really wasn't necessary.

The only way and I mean THE ONLY WAY that this movie could work is if
Andy comes back to rescue all of his old toys from Bonnie after she neglected Woody in 4, plus finding Woody and Bo Peep along the way.

Sadly I can't say I'm surprised. These movies are quite expensive and with several Pixar-movies recently going straight to Disney+ and/or not doing that well at the boxoffice they are probably desperate for another big hit.

They've been taking notes from Spaceballs.

7329bb4a4071e7d82940526a27f293de8ad73bfa.gif

Toy Story 4 was such a crushing disappointment that this makes me nauseous. What a way to ruin a beloved trilogy.

The series will never be over. It's the Disney way.

no-one-really-gone-star-wars-the-last-jedi.gif

(A line that went from hopeful dialogue to cynical meme in under 2 years)

Last edited:
I liked Toy Story 4 but it was clear they had no idea where to go with Woody and Buzz

What bothered me the most about Toy Story 4 was that the old toys had almost nothing to do. It became one of those parody sequels where they start introducing new annoying characters.

I thought 4 suffered from separating the core group. The way Lightyear performed
why is my question?

reeks of desperation

Last edited:
Sadly I can't say I'm surprised. These movies are quite expensive and with several Pixar-movies recently going straight to Disney+ and/or not doing that well at the boxoffice they are probably desperate for another big hit.
They can keep making Cars movies if they want more money. Those are basically made to sell merchandise anyway. Or an even better idea, they can make an Incredibles 3 while that cast is still around. Hell even a third Finding Nemo movie would make more sense than Toy Story 5. Pixar has no shortage of cash cows, they don't need to keep going back to the Toy Story well.

Crazy, part 3 was the perfect ending. I havent even watched part 4, just not interested anymore.
There's some good stuff, no doubt about it. But like you said, 3 was a perfect ending and you can feel that they were just stretching it a bit too far in 4. It wasn't as smooth as the others were.

Part 3 was absolutely perfect and arguably one of the best endings to a movie trilogy ever. I liked 4, but it felt so...superfluous right? Like an unnecessary epilogue. But it still made over $1billion at the box office and I'm guessing Iger is feeling the pressure from the shareholders to turn the company around so part 5 is a "sure thing" in their books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"