Toy Story 5

What surprised me about TS4 was how cynical it felt. At least in comparison to the first three, anyway.

TS4 could have been one of those half hour shorts. They didn't need a whole movie to show what happened to Bo.

Toy Story of Terror was a better sequel than TS4 was.

Yes, Toy Story of Terror was fantastic. I have to see that one again.

It's been a while since I watched Toy Story of Terror but I remember enjoying it, same with Toy Story That Time Forgot.

The news about Keanu playing Shadow the Hedgehog reminded me that no matter how you feel about Toy Story 4, you gotta admit that Duke Caboom is an awesome character.

107db600-de6d-4d70-b9c0-829b17d1688e_text.gif

The news about Keanu playing Shadow the Hedgehog reminded me that no matter how you feel about Toy Story 4, you gotta admit that Duke Caboom is an awesome character.

107db600-de6d-4d70-b9c0-829b17d1688e_text.gif

I hope Shadow has a French Canadian accent.

I don't really want Toy Story 5. I just think it's a touch too far. They are lucky Toy Story 4 turned out as good as it did.

Even taking one's opinion of Toy Story 4 out of the way, yeah, the way it concluded made it more apparent than the third movie that there's nowhere else for the franchise to go. I can't see them reuniting Woody with Buzz and the gang in a way that wouldn't feel extremely contrived.

The only place it can go is Andy getting his old toys back and giving them to his kids. I can't see them bothering with any other plot.

Duke Caboom was OK, but I really wanted to see Carl Weathers' Combat Carl again. Sad that that isn't going to happen.

See, here's the thing. Bringing Andy back would be a big mistake that would reek of corporate desperation.

See, here's the thing. Bringing Andy back would be a big mistake that would reek of corporate desperation.
Yep. Unless they make the sequel in like 30 years with old Andy. No sequels until 2054. We're all gonna be old. Hit us with the feels and kill everyone in the room with sadness and nostalgia.

Yep. Unless they make the sequel in like 30 years with old Andy. No sequels until 2054. We're all gonna be old. Hit us with the feels and kill everyone in the room with sadness and nostalgia.
I admire your confidence in thinking that Hanks and Allen will still be around then. Hanks maybe but ain't no way Tim Allen is making it to 101. :o

I admire your confidence in thinking that Hanks and Allen will still be around then. Hanks maybe but ain't no way Tim Allen is making it to 101. :o
By 2054 A.I. is gonna make exact copies of humans, come on!

Which is why making Andy coming back would make it more egregious than it already is lol

It is from the same company doing Frozen3/4, Zootopia 2, Moana 2; and did Inside Out 2, Monsters University, Toy Story 2 to 4, Wreck It Ralph 2, Lightyear, Cars 2/3, Frozen 2, Finding Dory and other animated sequels I'm forgetting.

I think its safe Disney's two animation studios can't rely that much with new ips, and instead going the sequel route for their films as those would probably attract more viewers, more revenue. I personally don't like how Walt Disney animation Studios turned out like Pixar now, with sequel galore but if there's a new story to tell for these ips, that would develop these established characters more, why not.

Making Toy Story 5 already reeks of corporate desperation!!
My usual rule with franchises is simple. If you're on top, quit while you're at your best. If you already "tainted" a franchise I've got nothing to lose so I'm more positive for a continuation than I would have been.

"Taint" might sound extreme to some for the fourth movie, but Toy Story 3 had an iconic ending and not only they ruined it by continuing something that shouldn't have continued, but also went to a direction that felt wrong to me, at least in the execution. It was more like a cheap spin-off rather than a new grand Toy Story adventure.

So of course Disney is doing poorly lately and Iger tries to bank on sure things, so I wouldn't really trust them at delivering a top notch film, but if they can "fix" the direction it took and make a film that's at least better than 4 then I'm in.

68JQ.gif

Music composed and conducted by A.I. Randy Newman
Y'know, maybe there's a movie to be made about the traditional toys being supplanted by devices and gadgets who are themselves also self-aware. Kind of a Judgement Day, but for toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"