Traitor, Con-man, All-time Loser : The Trump Thread

He doesn't give a single micro **** about running the nation. He just wants to beat Biden. God, I hate that orange pustule so much.

At this point there are no alternatives to speak of in the GOP.

His supporters are firmly in control of the direction of the party and the McCarthy and McConnell types left in elected positions and sprinkled through the party on different levels are but vestigial left overs from the the Pre-Trump GOP.

There is no one in a head to head match that could beat his supporters for enthusiasm in a primary currently or on the horizon.

He is gonna put this nation and its citizens through hell again by running another divisive **** throwing campaign that he can't even win this time. But it will inject more unneeded vitriol into the body politic, that's for sure.

Sadly, the more likely he is to face conviction the harder he will run for POTUS as he needs the immunity and power of the office to shield himself from prosecution.

I won't doubt he will run while being the target of both state and federal cases.

^ Not to dispute your post, but I've been reading a lot of articles (relating to COVID in Florida) that have mentioned Ron DeSantis is supposedly intending to run for president in 2024. No idea how viable of a candidate he'd be though.

And I truly honestly hope we get neither Trump or DeSantis in 2024. Although it could also be said that there'll probably be fewer GOP voters in 2024 as well, given how the pandemic is currently playing out.....

DeSantis has aspirations but he's even more of a liablity than Trump is to Republican prospects.

Here's the issue I have about the next election cycle. Trump got a TON of votes last time, a scary HUGE number, and while Biden did get more, Trump's largely all came in early from people voting at the polls. Biden's were largely done through other means, like late voting, mail-in voting, etc.

Now, with all of the insanely restrictive laws passed that almost entirely affect those late or mail-in votes, and the fact Republicans generally have a much higher turn-out (especially with so many ravenously wanting the GOP fully back in charge of everything), isn't anyone else worried that this means there's a likely chance Trump gets re-elected? To say nothing of how likely it is for the GOP to regain their majorities for 2022.

And even if Biden wins re-election and it's close, how do we know these newly passed laws won't just allow some shady reworking of numbers and electors behind the scenes to just give Trump the win anyway? There aren't any real checks and balances going forward, especially since so many on the right clearly want power given back to Trump and the GOP regardless of who votes?

I'm concerned with the GOP retaking their majorities soon (Biden definitely getting impeached if they do), and I'm even more concerned with Trump actually winning re-election as a result of all the things now in place.

Here's the issue I have about the next election cycle. Trump got a TON of votes last time, a scary HUGE number, and while Biden did get more, Trump's largely all came in early from people voting at the polls. Biden's were largely done through other means, like late voting, mail-in voting, etc.

Now, with all of the insanely restrictive laws passed that almost entirely affect those late or mail-in votes, and the fact Republicans generally have a much higher turn-out (especially with so many ravenously wanting the GOP fully back in charge of everything), isn't anyone else worried that this means there's a likely chance Trump gets re-elected? To say nothing of how likely it is for the GOP to regain their majorities for 2022.

And even if Biden wins re-election and it's close, how do we know these newly passed laws won't just allow some shady reworking of numbers and electors behind the scenes to just give Trump the win anyway? There aren't any real checks and balances going forward, especially since so many on the right clearly want power given back to Trump and the GOP regardless of who votes?

I'm concerned with the GOP retaking their majorities soon (Biden definitely getting impeached if they do), and I'm even more concerned with Trump actually winning re-election as a result of all the things now in place.

It's possible, but, remember, those mail in votes came about because Biden supporters basically didn't want to do in person voting because of COVID. We didn't have a vaccine and it was raging at the time. In a normal election cycle, Biden voters would generally vote in person. Plus, I think Jan 6 turned off a fair amount (not most by any means) of Trump supporters. He will not have the advantage of incumbency and if the economy is doing well, he's got a tough case to make because of the chaos he created.

That isn't to say your concerns aren't valid because they are.

It's possible, but, remember, those mail in votes came about because Biden supporters basically didn't want to do in person voting because of COVID. We didn't have a vaccine and it was raging at the time. In a normal election cycle, Biden voters would generally vote in person. Plus, I think Jan 6 turned off a fair amount (not most by any means) of Trump supporters. He will not have the advantage of incumbency and if the economy is doing well, he's got a tough case to make because of the chaos he created.

That isn't to say your concerns aren't valid because they are.

Actually yeah, meant to acknowledge all that as well. Those are very good points, but I feel like, with Biden in place now mixed with a lot of the restrictions to voting across the country (removed drop boxes, reduced hours, things working more to create longer lines at the polls mixed with hard cut-off times for voting) mean that we will likely see a lot of people sitting out in '22 and '24 due to either complacency or because the hassle isn't worth it to get out there, stand in line for hours and hours, etc.

I just have a feeling that the margin Biden won by was razor thin after you take away the early voting/vote by mail aspects, that just a little bit of "it's too much trouble to go out and vote this time" means the nitro-fueled GOP vote could take the lead. Especially since in general it's a lot easier for them to vote.

Actually yeah, meant to acknowledge all that as well. Those are very good points, but I feel like, with Biden in place now mixed with a lot of the restrictions to voting across the country (removed drop boxes, reduced hours, things working more to create longer lines at the polls mixed with hard cut-off times for voting) mean that we will likely see a lot of people sitting out in '22 and '24 due to either complacency or because the hassle isn't worth it to get out there, stand in line for hours and hours, etc.

I just have a feeling that the margin Biden won by was razor thin after you take away the early voting/vote by mail aspects, that just a little bit of "it's too much trouble to go out and vote this time" means the nitro-fueled GOP vote could take the lead. Especially since in general it's a lot easier for them to vote.

You could be right, but there's also a LOT of people who are very motivated not to go back to where we were before. We will see.....

You could be right, but there's also a LOT of people who are very motivated not to go back to where we were before. We will see.....

My fingers are crossed so hard they hurt. :D

Not to say he won't, but does anyone here honestly think Biden will actually go for re-election? He'd be really getting up there in years by the time 2024 rolls around. I don't see him going for a second term.

He's only 78, and unless he has a sudden health decline or personal tragedy I can't see him quitting after one term. Itd cost the party the incumbency boost, and only encourage Trump's conspiracy that Biden stole the 2020 election.

I can already hear Trump's response.

"Sleepy Joe knows he can't steal another election, and can't win honestly so he quit. SAD!"

The best case scenario may be for Biden to run and win in 2024 and then step down two years in, giving Harris the incumbency advantage in 2028. If the GQP remains in its current state I could see this strategy resulting in a 12 year run for the dems.

Not to say he won't, but does anyone here honestly think Biden will actually go for re-election? He'd be really getting up there in years by the time 2024 rolls around. I don't see him going for a second term.
Even if he dared, I don't think he'd win, not with his low approval numbers right now. :(

Even if he dared, I don't think he'd win, not with his low approval numbers right now. :(
Obama’s disapproval numbers often were higher than his approvals in his first term yet he still won in 2012 with 51%. When election time comes the incumbent bounces up typically. Incumbency is an advantage in elections. And the latest Covid19 wave is dragging down all the incumbent approvals from DeSantis, Abbott, to Biden as well. But years from now we’ll see if as big Covid waves are still happening.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

Harris’s polling is much worse than Biden’s (for no discernible reason besides her identity as a black woman that renders her unacceptable to some.)

The Democratic candidate pretty much has to lead the popular vote by >3 points to win the electoral college. We know leading by =<2 points like in 2000 and 2016 doesn’t get it done.

Trump had four years to 'defeat the Taliban'. Instead he made a deal with them to exit and sprung some of them from jail.

Last edited:
Obama’s disapproval numbers often were higher than his approvals in his first term yet he still won in 2012 with 51%. When election time comes the incumbent bounces up typically. Incumbency is an advantage in elections. And the latest Covid19 wave is dragging down all the incumbent approvals from DeSantis, Abbott, to Biden as well. But years from now we’ll see if as big Covid waves are still happening.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

Harris’s polling is much worse than Biden’s (for no discernible reason besides her identity as a black woman that renders her unacceptable to some.)

The Democratic candidate pretty much has to lead the popular vote by >3 points to win the electoral college. We know leading by =<2 points like in 2000 and 2016 doesn’t get it done.
I hope you're right and thing happen. Not that I think Biden is awesome, but that I know Trump is a horror show. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"