Dark of the Moon Transformers: Dark of The Moon Teaser Trailer

First it's Katzenberg! This misspelling never ceases to make me cringe.
Actually I've never seen Katzenberg misspelled before, hahah.

Second, I've always thought the "G." stood for Gates, as in (Bill Gates). But then again I'm going off of my memory of Dreamworks announcing the launch of their company.

:woot:
OK, you got me on Katzenberg. However, you have to admit, people here misspell Spielberg all the time.

^ I can't make hide nor hair of that thing. :confused:
This is best I could do to show ya what most people are seeing I'm guessing.
umoutline.jpg

that does look Prime-ish yea...

wonder if that character is dead or not?

Here is a better animated pic i did fading the overlay in little by little, didnt get the overlay pic the exact scale as the original pic but pretty close as you can tell more so by the right(your right looking at pic,its left) eye/side. It almost matches up perfect.
facemerge.gif

There are so many other Transformer storylines they can use instead of using Unicron, it will turn out like that dust cloud of Galactus in F4 movie. None of these movies haven't even spent much movie time on Cybertron, which they should, so Unicron is out of the question in my opinion.

What other stories involve the Moon or space/planets, etc?

I think if Bay used Unicorn, they teaser would have played out much, much different.

Why?

It's not like they would want to give away their giant planet sized robot.

That golden transformer could be Unicron even if the others are Autobots. He is in a different room from the other robots, so it could be a command room, or a prison cell. He might not be as huge as a planet because that would be impossible to work with (i mean why do it if all he's going to do is float in space and have his innards explored? That basically turns him into a film set and doesnt put him in any fights whatsoever) but he could use a planet as a weapon. Perhaps the moon is artificial like in Beast Wars and he intends to use it in a Death Star kind of way.

Size scale shouldn't be a factor..Explain this
OptimusUsesMegatron.gif

Nuff said

That doesn't happen in the movie. The cube is fairly easy to happen though much less exaggerated.

There wasn't no intention to put Unicron in the movie so there isn't any point of explaining of how he would work out since it's not important.

I haven't been following all the behind the scenes mumbo jumbo. But I do know they try to throw in surprises or keep secrets. Much like this mysterious Transformer on the moon.

I'm really amazed how many people are just in absolute refusal to even acknowledge that character resembles Unicron.

Also someone had mentioned that Ultra Magnus might be the face in the moon dust in the trailer, and someone didnt see what the person was talking about, I rotated the image counter clockwise and tried to overlay a sightly transparent Prime onto the face image and you can see it matches up pretty well, so might not be Ultra Magnus but Im sure it is a Prime.
moonprime.jpg

here is the original image turned counter clockwise
um.jpg

Yes it is a head but it is turned more sideways instead of straight forward. We won't know whether it is dead or alive until we see more trailers or the whole movie itself.

I just don't get a an evil, ominous vibe from the golden TF at the end. Yeah, I'll admit that there's a resemblance between him and Unicron, but we all know that doesn't mean much with Bay. :cwink:

Im with Chris B on the fact of not getting an evil vibe from the gold transformer, so Im sure like most it isn't Unicron, but this is just for the people who thought it was just so absurd to say that it resembles Unicron, and said they couldn't see the resemblance. The nose and mouth area are dead on, but prob any transformer's face would work here to some degree so this doesn't prove anything, just sharing.
unicronface1.gif

More than likely dead; there's no reason why he'd just lying there, caked in moon dirt.

I'm more curious as to how long they've been there, and how come that bot that looks like Alpha Trion is so clean compared to the others.

More than likely dead; there's no reason why he'd just lying there, caked in moon dirt.

I'm more curious as to how long they've been there, and how come that bot that looks like Alpha Trion is so clean compared to the others.

Stasis lock?

It does look like the skeletal remains of a deceased robot, so the moon was probably used for a robot graveyard. However we won't really know whether it is dead or alive until we see more trailers or the whole movie itself. There is always more to these things than meet the eye.

Made a color changed Alpha Trion comparison as well, like I said almost any face would work here.
alphatrion.gif

Im with Chris B on the fact of not getting an evil vibe from the gold transformer, so Im sure like most it isn't Unicron, but this is just for the people who thought it was just so absurd to say that it resembles Unicron, and said they couldn't see the resemblance. The nose and mouth area are dead on, but prob any transformer's face would work here to some degree so this doesn't prove anything, just sharing.
unicronface1.gif

The more I look at that gif the more I think it could be Unicron.

All of my money goes on the gold transformer being Vector Prime the more I research it. So Vector Prime is my final answer. I will be shocked if it isn't him.
VectorPrimeCG.jpg

This is best I could do to show ya what most people are seeing I'm guessing.
umoutline.jpg

:doh:

Serious people, have you all forgotten that Prime was still in his Cybertronian mode when he first came to Earth in the first movie. The whole pointy ear thing is hardly a driving point for guessing which TF it is. It's probably just another generic bot that gets 3 seconds of screen time as a corps that happens to have a similar feature to that of Earth mode Optimus :dry:

To be honest when I first saw the trailer I was like "OMG Unicron" but then seeing another shot of him I thought wait no I think he's that older dude but couldnt remember the name Alpha Trion until I read this forum.

But to be honest it could be neither of them, right now anything is possible

It's just weird that people draw conclusion that it's Unicron just because the movie will focus on outer-space. Bay and Ehren hasn't express any interest on having Unicron, Robert Orci did but he's not the writer anymore for the third movie, and Shockwave is the main villian anyway.

It's just weird that people draw conclusion that it's Unicron just because the movie will focus on outer-space. Bay and Ehren hasn't express any interest on having Unicron, Robert Orci did but he's not the writer anymore for the third movie, and Shockwave is the main villian anyway.

Did you misread everyone? We'd drawn a brief conclusion that it was Unicron because it looked like Unicron. Much like we might draw the conclusion that this is Optimus prime because it looks like Optimus Prime.
r_optimusdeluxecybertron105.jpg

I don't understand why you're not following that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"