Dark of the Moon Transformers: Dark of The Moon Teaser Trailer

Also putting money into perspective a whole lot of the VFX money would have gone to Unicron this similarly happened to Devastator in ROTF.

They had to reuse scenes and have shoddy CGI work in some shots to make Devastator into the giant waste of money he was.

From the interviews and judging by the teaser it seems like a lot more money has gone into individual bots rather than one gigantic one which happened in ROTF.

Huge waste of money when they can spend that on fleshing out the prime Autobot/Decepticon screentime.

One thing I would like to know is Dreamworks still involved with this franchise? I know that Spielburg is a producer but I only see Paramounts logo at the beginning and the end of the trailer and no mention of DW. Plus the trailer is listed only at Paramounts site and not DW. whats up with that?

It's not him on the moon unless they shrunk him big time. But to say the character is too big to be done right is just a major lack of imagination on your part.
You just ignored the rest of my post, didn't you? See, I posted a little graph to show a size comparison of something nowhere near the size of Unicron and how it would relate to the tallest Autobot we've had thus far.

While you are right, it does take imagination to make something that size work on screen. However, perhaps you remember the backlash someone with imagination got when they applied this theory to Galactus?

If they were to put Unicron on screen, fans are going to want to see him talking to other Transformers. Now assuming that Unicron is the size of the moon, and an average Transformer head measures 3 ft, times 356,000, would make Unicron's head 200 miles high!

Just how would you apply some imagination to make that scene work? Prime at 32 ft tall looking at a 200 MILE tall head! Go for it.

One thing I would like to know is Dreamworks still involved with this franchise? I know that Spielburg is a producer but I only see Paramounts logo at the beginning and the end of the trailer and no mention of DW. Plus the trailer is listed only at Paramounts site and not DW. whats up with that?
First, it's Spielberg! This misspelling never ceases to make me cringe.

Second, Dreamworks was originally Dreamworks S.K.G.. The S stands for Spielberg, the K for Katzenberg, and the G is for Geffen. Since ole' Stevie is still in, I'd wager Dreamworks is as well.

Last edited:
For the love of God! Again with the Unicron BS! He is simply too big to be done right. For reference, check out the pic below...
UnicronChart.jpg

Now, seeing as Prime is 32ft tall in this continuity, that would make that red line 12,800ft tall. That's not even 2.5 miles. For those suggesting that Unicron is the Moon, the moon is about 2160 miles wide or roughly 356,400 time larger than Prime. Anyone wanna try putting those two object on screen effectively? You know, like having a conversation like they did in the cartoon.

Very good point. NOW BEAT HIM TO DEATH.:cmad:

The whole idea of that robot in the trailer not being Unicron based solely on his size does not count, I mean look at the cube, how it went from something so large to something a human could hold, maybe Unicron can manipulate his size. Yea I know he "should" be the size of a planet but you know how "should be" works out in these types of films.
Size scale shouldn't be a factor..Explain this
OptimusUsesMegatron.gif

Nuff said

There wasn't no intention to put Unicron in the movie so there isn't any point of explaining of how he would work out since it's not important.

Either way, there are definitely similarites.

The whole idea of that robot in the trailer not being Unicron based solely on his size does not count, I mean look at the cube, how it went from something so large to something a human could hold, maybe Unicron can manipulate his size. Yea I know he "should" be the size of a planet but you know how "should be" works out in these types of films.
Size scale shouldn't be a factor..Explain this
OptimusUsesMegatron.gif

Nuff said
It's a cartoon.

It's a cartoon.
Then same could be said "It's a movie", Im sure it isnt Unicron but just because its a movie does not count for accuracy or realism of things much like a cartoon.

Also someone had mentioned that Ultra Magnus might be the face in the moon dust in the trailer, and someone didnt see what the person was talking about, I rotated the image counter clockwise and tried to overlay a sightly transparent Prime onto the face image and you can see it matches up pretty well, so might not be Ultra Magnus but Im sure it is a Prime.
moonprime.jpg

here is the original image turned counter clockwise
um.jpg

Last edited:
^ I can't make hide nor hair of that thing. :confused:

Last edited:
Pretty awesome trailer, but I think it would be a mistake to be anything other than cautiously optimistic. But either way, I'm definitely seeing this, no doubt about it.

Then same could be said "It's a movie", Im sure it isnt Unicron but just because its a movie does not count for accuracy or realism of things much like a cartoon.
The point is, that cartoons can get away with a lot more. Just about everyone here gives Bay a bunch of flack over the Decepticlones, even though the cartoon did it ALL THE TIME.

I saw Transformers 7 times in the theater, 2 of those were in IMAX
I saw Revenge of the Fallen ONCE, that should tell you where I stand going into this.

Now some would wash their hands of it after the betrayal of ROTF but I've been a TF fan since I was 10 and if I can endure Robots in Disguise I can move past TF2.

The trailer looked good, but then ROTF had a good initial trailer as well so I'm still at the edge of caution awaiting this movie. Somewhere about the 'net was a report that some focus groups had told Bay/Spielberg the failures of TF2 despite its monster bank haul. I'm hoping that is so cause overtly rude, foul mouthed, animalistic humping Autobots are not what I grew up with. Having the mom be funny once about *********ion was cute. Having her on a pot brownie binge shouting down the halls of academia is not.

Holding out Hope.

Unicron could work. You just need two things:

1) smaller bad guys who represents Unicron's interest. Think the Fifth Element.

2) a fight scene inside Unicron where they try to survive against Unicrons immune/digestive system. Think the Fantastic Voyage inside a giant robot.

Unicron could work. You just need two things:

2) a fight scene inside Unicron where they try to survive against Unicrons immune/digestive system. Think the Fantastic Voyage inside a giant robot.
With your first idea, fanboys would complain he wasn't done right. With the second, you still have scale issues. If Unicron was the size of out moon, his head is over 200 miles high!

Unicron could work.
No. :wall:
You just need two things:

The villain is Megatron and the Decepticons. Do you understand this concept? They've been built up as the prime adversaries for hours of screen time at this point. They've been portrayed as the destroyers of a civilisation. They will be fought tooth and nail to the end of a climatic finale.

What they won't be is set aside at the eleventh hour to be overshadowed by a giant vacuum cleaner. :wall:

The epic conflict between Microbius Prime and the evil microbes! :wall:

Bay never struck me as a director who minded overshadowing established characters. At least with this franchise.

With your first idea, fanboys would complain he wasn't done right. With the second, you still have scale issues. If Unicron was the size of out moon, his head is over 200 miles high!
I used the example of Fantastic Voyage which had humans shrunk down to the size of a T-cell.

With that scale the body's defense systems become the enemy because they would be the same size as the heroes.

Unicron could be drifting toward Earth or Cybertron while the Autobots enter his body to kill him. He's still the bad guy and the autobots are still the good guys fighting him.

:whatever:

The villain is Megatron and the Decepticons. Do you understand this concept? They've been built up as the prime adversaries for hours of screen time at this point. They've been portrayed as the destroyers of a civilisation. They will be fought tooth and nail to the end of a climatic finale.

What they won't be is set aside at the eleventh hour to be overshadowed by a giant vacuum cleaner. :wall:
Who said the characters who fight for Unicron can't be the decepticons. :doh:

those microbes would be machines which would allow for some creative designs and actions sequences. You could do practically anything.

but keep banging your head against the wall as if a vacuum version of Devastator with testicles is any better. :woot:

I saw Transformers 7 times in the theater, 2 of those were in IMAX
I saw Revenge of the Fallen ONCE, that should tell you where I stand going into this.

Now some would wash their hands of it after the betrayal of ROTF but I've been a TF fan since I was 10 and if I can endure Robots in Disguise I can move past TF2.

The trailer looked good, but then ROTF had a good initial trailer as well so I'm still at the edge of caution awaiting this movie. Somewhere about the 'net was a report that some focus groups had told Bay/Spielberg the failures of TF2 despite its monster bank haul. I'm hoping that is so cause overtly rude, foul mouthed, animalistic humping Autobots are not what I grew up with. Having the mom be funny once about *********ion was cute. Having her on a pot brownie binge shouting down the halls of academia is not.

Holding out Hope.

You're like me. I saw the first movie multiple times in the theater, and probably over 100 times on dvd and tv. I've watched ROTF twice...and that's it. After the forest fight, i basically loose interest. It's funny, i didn't think TF1 was all that great, but when compared to ROFT, it's like Schindler's List in comparison.

I'm willing to bet my life that this 3rd TF movie will be no different from the other 2; and why would it be? The first two made a killing despite all the criticism, so why would Bay and Paramount want to suddenly make a serious sci-fi movie now? There's going to be the same cringe-worthy humor in the form of Sam and his parents, and Prime spouting off lines like "My bad" that we've gotten all along. The fact that the Twins are still on the roster should let everyone know Bay cares little about all the complaints that were raised about them.

The most we can hope for is that the humor is scaled down to the level of TF1.

Wow, you re real mature. :whatever:

First, it's Spielberg! This misspelling never ceases to make me cringe.

Second, Dreamworks was originally Dreamworks S.K.G.. The S stands for Spielberg, the K for Katzenburg, and the G is for Geffen. Since ole' Stevie is still in, I'd wager Dreamworks is as well.

First it's Katzenberg! This misspelling never ceases to make me cringe.
Actually I've never seen Katzenberg misspelled before, hahah.

Second, I've always thought the "G." stood for Gates, as in (Bill Gates). But then again I'm going off of my memory of Dreamworks announcing the launch of their company.

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"