World Transformers: Prime

I dont like Primes mouth, I'm tired of them giving him a moving mouth now. Bring back the face plate!!

But thats not a deal breaker for me, I'm 100% sure I'll be checking it out as soon as it airs ;)

These transformers look stupid without noses.

They look like stick figures.

this looks BAD, like awful.

If you say anything about TF: animated you can say it RESPECTED the G1 fans (if you actually watched it you'd know why) even if it was oddly drawn.

Still have to get used to the animation for the show but here's some promo.

Arcee promo.
[YT]yTraMhH0oQI[/YT]

Bumblebee promo.
[YT]VRfqjTVsEgU[/YT]

Cliffjumper promo.
[YT]4OFicnp3B9o[/YT]

Jack Darby promo.
[YT]PTKGmynNb4E[/YT]

The animation looks great at times, but other parts they look too simplistic.

I didn't realise this was a mini series, I thought it was going to be a full season.

In any case I'm not the biggest fan of the animation, it reminds me of the 3D animation they had out in the 90's like beast wars. And I always hated that style.

I'll prob still check it out though

The animation's stiff, but the designs are solid. Less empty sprawl in future episodes would help with that. I'm not convinced on the writing; return's a big theme, but for Orci and Kurtzman, that seems to mean repeating their movie ideas. So I got more spot-on dialogue from Optimus and Megatron. But I also had to sit through young try-hards who don't act like any kids I know.

I'll watch the rest of Darkness Rising, if only because this series easily has the most malevolent Megatron. If they treat the mythos right and rely less on burger joint jokes, this could be a slow start to something good.

So the little kid is better at computers than Ratchet and can understand Bumblebee's beeps and boops...:whatever:.

i don't like the show so far. the non talking bumblebee was a bad thing to add from bay's movie. also the vehicles are not my favorite either. with a name like transformers prime i thought it would be on cybertron, here we are again on earth. War for cybertron had a good idea, show them fighting their war on cybertron. we havent seen that done to infinity. them on earth has been done way too much. there are other planets out there that have robots as well.

I don't know if I was more disappointed by the annoying kids or the lackluster animation. The show is kinda ugly after looking at "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" and that "FireBreather" movie on Cartoon Network.

After watching the first episode, I'm pleased with the show. Didn't expect them to kill of Cliffjumper :( The girl kill is annoying, smart-ass *****. Hope someone steps on her.

The score for the show reminds me of the films score which is always welcomed. The animation is not the best, but I kinda dig it still.

Wonder if Megatron just updated himself to Galvatron?

Wonder if Megatron just updated himself to Galvatron?

If he did, that's kind of abrupt. Then again, TF:A got the whole 'death and return of Optimus Prime' schtick out of the way relatively quickly, too...

That said, I really, really like what I'm seeing. It still has its flaws, but then ALL TF series have flaws.

Serious plus points for me:
* An Arcee who ACTUALLY DOES THINGS! And she's not pink!
* A not-so-doofy Bulkhead.
* The voice cast in general - and IMO Welker's new Megatron voice is friggin' awesome; it blows his G1 Megatron voice clean out of the water.
* The new TF designs - they evoke the detailed nature of the movie style and yet aren't as overdone.
* Decent CGI. Not great, certainly not 'Clone Wars' level, but leaps and bounds above the last couple TF series to employ CGI.
* Two episodes in, and already one Autobot's been kacked. That's harsh.
* The return of space bridges, at least in some form.
* The 'Blood of Unicron'. That just sounds so much cooler than 'Dark Energon'.
* Soundwave! Wish he had an actual voice, although laying in the classic vocoder effect over his 'playback' is pretty nifty - that's the kind of fanservice I like: subtle and not slathering it on.
* THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME VERSION OF CLIFFJUMPER I HAVE EVER SEEN.
* The movie-esque music score.
* The mountain headquarters.
* The fact that Agent Fowler, at least so far, is being portrayed as a concerned and perhaps rightly agitated representative of his country's leadership as opposed to the stereotypical antagonistic bureaucratic tool like Agent Whatshisface from ROTF (I can't remember his name, I only ever saw ROTF once) - it'd be a bit too weird IMO to hear Winston Zeddemore acting like Walter Peck. ;)

Dislikes:
* The girl. Swear to Heaven, in one episode she's already made me miss Sari Sumdac.
* The fact that they KILLED OFF THE SINGLE MOST AWESOME VERSION OF CLIFFJUMPER I HAVE EVER SEEN. True, with the Rock voicing him, that should have been seen coming a mile away, but he was so bad*** (unlike that annoying 'lemme at'em' Scrappy-Dooishness from the G1 cartoon)...and he had actual bull's horns. :csad:

That last gripe, though, I'm willing to overlook, since it was a critical plot point.

Last edited:
Only caught a min of the show, but I noticed Jeffery Combs is voicing Rachet. Yet again he is playing a doctor, and yet again the man is awesome.

Man, Cliffjumper sure did get trashed around in both episodes, poor son of a *****.

The girl kill is annoying, smart-ass *****. Hope someone steps on her.

Admit it though, odds are most fans would behave EXACTLY like that if put in her position. :cwink:

On a separate note, based on the main human's comments when first seeing Arcee, coupled with those made by his mother, it's only a matter of time before people start pairing them up.

The show started good, the animations still take time to get used to but overall it ain't bad, although I wish that they didn't brought some stuff from the movie-verse, for an example making Bumblebee not talking. :argh:

But if I remember correctly, Bumblebee in the movie communicated by playing song clips via the radio. Transformer Prime's Bumblebee's beeping is more R2.

So far, I'm liking the show. I really hate that they chose to not have Bumblebee speak.

The action sequences have a nice stereoscopic quality to them. I'd be surprised if this wasn't aired in or converted to 3D at some point.

I enjoyed this more than the movies. Don't see this getting better than Beast Wars, but it's got time enough to impress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"