Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: ROTF Official Pictures Thread

Amazing how much people have taken photos already.:wow:
****ing sweet! When does shooting start there? I live in Richmond, VA, so that 's only a hop and skip away!
If the following is correct, they're supposed to be filming there as we speak?:huh:
May 23, 2008

Heery Casting is seeking senior background performers who appear over the age of 60, all ethnicities, for a scene set in Washington DC for the new Dreamworks feature film "Transformers 2", directed by Michael Bay. Shooting will take place June 5, 6, 7, 2008.
Source:http://www.aftrasagdcbalt.com/?q=node/30

Edit - Spotted this Washington Post article at shialabeouf.us confirming that they are in Washington right now.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

More High-Fliers at Air & Space

The National Air and Space Museum went Hollywood when it became the first Smithsonian-affiliated spot to be featured in a movie title ("Night at the Museum 2: Escape From the Smithsonian," filmed last month). Now its Chantilly outpost is getting some time in the limelight.

Director Michael Bay was at the museum's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center yesterday, filming scenes for his upcoming "Transformers" sequel with stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. We hear that a "super-friendly" LaBeouf signed autographs while Bay took visiting school groups on behind-the-scenes tours of the film set. The museum will stay open while the crew works through today; disappointingly, there appear to be no massive controlled explosions planned.
Source:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/06/AR2008060603921.html

Surprised how little has been said about the Smithsonian shooting....Hasn't anyone gone down there to sneek a peek?

Surprised how little has been said about the Smithsonian shooting....Hasn't anyone gone down there to sneek a peek?
Maybe that's a big thing thats hush hush under and they don't want anyone to know.

Edited my post to add an article. If that's correct we should be getting some pics of Shia and Megan soon.

Edited my post to add an article. If that's correct we should be getting some pics of Shia and Megan soon.
Thats AWESOME!

Thats cool Bay is doign that for all the little kids.

i was to that place once when i went on a field trip to washington dc.

Here's an idea....maybe a old ancient Decepticon is in there....like....buried under the simthsonian...then they wake it up and BOOM! crash, smash, kaboom :ninja:

Found some pics at the HOWDesign.com forums of the Smithsonian shoot (All pics and info courtesy no.e). Looks like Michael Bay came to the shoot in style!!:word:

http://forum.howdesign.com/tm.aspx?m=400401&mpage=1&key=&
A couple friends made their way to the Udvar Hazy Center - National Air & Space Museum in Dulles, VA today...

Turns out they were filming today... Specifically, Transformers 2.

So umm yea, XXX and I were on the set of Transformers 2 today. We went to the Air and Space Museum and we see a Dreamworks sign, the we look out back, and see Bumblebee in disguise along with two other cars, then we watched Michael Bay land his jet with the Autobot logo on the back, sooooo sick.

photo2xe6iy2.jpg

The NOTICE. Awful nice of them to pay for parking :)

Shia was right in front of us shaking the crews hands, this was the first day of filming, the sr-71 was lit up and apparently the main attraction.

photoej8je9.jpg

The SR-71 Blackbird specially lit

Shia was right in front of us in street clothes, we got within 5 feet of him and were like, umm, "Thats Shia", then Michael Bay walked right past us after getting off his jet to head out front to see the set being set up. We were the only 2 who knew who he was. He literally landed and started filming right away, it was nuts, about 40 people got out of the plane.

photo1vh3kn3.jpg

Michael Bay's plane with Autobots symbol on the tail

And of course the jaw dropper (because we did not get to see megan fox) was of course the camaro! (Bumble Bee) This was as close as I could get (we walked closer, but as soon as the guards saw my phone they asked to put it away) for a picture....

photo21na0fz5.jpg

Bumblebee, hiding in the parking lot...

Just thought some of the more fanatical movie fanatics would enjoy.

< Message edited by no.e -- 6/5/2008 11:17:07 PM >
Source Link:http://forum.howdesign.com/tm.aspx?m=400401&mpage=1&key=&

Cannot agree more...

Only Bay would fly around in something like that.

So he likes the autobots more?

On the TF 2 disc thing he's wearing a decipitcon shirt.

maybe he likes both. lol.

Maybe it is just because BB is a bit far in that pic but he looks a little different.

Some more pics, courtesy of Lee Trout's blog. He claims to have seen Bumblebee too (looks like it from a far). It would make sense though since Shia is on set.

transformerssetoutsidevk4.jpg

transformerssetinsidesr9.jpg

transformerssetjibfq3.jpg

Saturday, June 07, 2008

On the set of Transformers 2

On my way to the movies tonight I stumbled upon the filming of Transformers 2 at the Air & Space Museum. My phone take craptastic pics, but here's a shot of the set with Bumblebee and another Autobot in car form in the parking lot... And after that are a couple pics of the camera jib / crane inside. They said they'll be shooting tomorrow but I highly doubt that since this part of the movie takes place "after hours"... and all their equipment and power distribution is already being set up...

I LOVE living here. I wouldn't happen upon the filming of a major motion picture on my way to a movie in Johnson City!
Source:http://leetrout.blogspot.com/2008/06/on-set-of-transformers-2.html

transformers_set_outside.jpg

what is that green car? and do i see the ice cream truck or is it just me?

Yeah I can see him back there.

Wonder if that green car is important?

transformerssetoutsidevk4.jpg

What kind of car is the green autobot? Its really intreguing that they are branching out different colors this time instead of the basic color palett of the last film.

No I'm glad the shots are like this because it gives us more room for speculation. I know I don't want the information just handed to us in a nice clear photo. Like they say guessing is half the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"