Transformers - Score by Steve Jablonsky

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Warhammer, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumblebee1983 Bee-otch

I'll try it again tonight and see if they appear. Last night I didn't see any numbers. Weird.

2. macdawson Registered

Golgo13 is right, its "Autobots to the Rescue". It's only on the promo.

3. Super Kal Proud Conservative

good thing I got the promo again :up:

4. Matrix_Fan Registered

Just got the CD today. It's so awesome.

5. PixelMagic Registered

Thanks Bumblebee1983 and macdawson for answering my question.

I just received my score in the mail today from Amazon! Yay! :trans:

6. StormSailor Registered

7. Lazlo Panaflex Registered

How did you acquire the promo score, do you work for Paramount, are you Steve Jablonsky's relative?

8. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Man the extended 'Autobots arrival' rocks more than the movie version!

9. rashad Hype Board Junkie

The torrent has been on the net for awhile. I had it.

10. Super Kal Proud Conservative

lmao, I wish...

it's available to DL if you look in the right places

11. XXTBWCXX Registered

Wow, it's dissapointing when people can't spell Skorponok and Witwicky right.

12. TheWebline Registered

If you look on the back of the score's CD case 11 of the 20 songs have an asterick by them. Down on the bottom it says these are different versions than used in the film!!! I knew it sounded different and now I'm a little peeved! Anyone else notice this? Why would they do this?!

13. XXTBWCXX Registered

The reason it says it, it's not because it's different from the movie, it means it's either longer or shorter than what was heard in the movie, or so, like when the Autobots arrive, the full length is in the movie.

14. Bumblebee1983 Bee-otch

Not a problem.

Isn't the score just awesome!?!

I got my copy last Thursday. I was soo happy (and still am).

I just watched the movie for a fourth time tonight and noticed a lot with the music after listening to the score many many times.

If I haven't said it before, THANK YOU MR. JABLONSKY!!!

15. leday Registered

That's probably because what you hear on the score CD are the themes as they were ORIGINALLY composed in their entirety all those months ago (with a few extra chorals and stuff added to the remix). These themes were then cut from their ORIGINAL FORMS into bits and fit into the movie at the spots where they fit the story line (so actually it is the film itself that uses "different versions" if you are thinking technically). For example, if you listen to the Bumblebee theme on the score CD, the first half is the part where BB sends his message out into space to call the autobots to earth, and the second half is when he is at Sector 7 shrinking the Allspark to travel size. Both parts are significant to his role in the movie and hence they carry parts of the Bumblebee theme with them. Just about all of the major themes come from what is here on the CD and what has not been included here I will just bet will be on the 2-disc "complete works" CD when/if it comes out.

Yes, the promo CD has 52 tracks on it arranged in the order "like it is in the movie", BUT some of those tracks are only 20 seconds long or so, so the promo CD is still a chop-job of the originally composed themes. Steve J. wouldn't have composed a 20-second piece of music all by itself just to put in "that spot".

16. Bumblebee1983 Bee-otch

I agree.

However, I love the official score, but most of it is in the movie.

17. super-t Registered

im goin to buy the score this friday but can someone send me the track where one bot lands in the pull and climbs out to get me through the week. From the official score please.

Oh yeah i DL'd this track off of limewire its weird iis like an ochrastral version of the cartoon theme but it seems like some of the music in the movie, if anyone wants it i can put a link up.

18. Uniapeg Registered

Guys, Guys, ........I have some awesome news!!!! I went to two different places to buy the DVD. Best Buy and Wal-mart. I got the special eddition 2 disk set at Best Buy. But then I went to Wal-mart to buy groceries and see what they had. They had a 2 disc set, but it wasn't the "special edition" they have in most places. What this was is the regular version of the movie and another movie. Its the PREQUEL!! They put them together as a boxed set. I've only watched the prequel for a few minutes, but its good. THey used the graphic novel for the pictures and they have some of the main voices as the characters. Except, get this, Frank Legella is back as Megatron!!! They are also using the score music from what I've heard so far. Its not as visually pleasing as the main movie, but hey its something. (sorry for the bad spelling)
    This is too COOL!!!:trans: :trans: :trans: :trans: :yay: :yay:

19. Bumblebee1983 Bee-otch

Huh? Frank Langella (is that who you meant) as Megatron? He was in Masters of the Universe, not Transformers!

I'm confused.

20. leday Registered

I think he means Frank Welker (the original voice of Megatron). That's who is voicing the prequel.

21. xroc88 Registered

I don't get it, are you talking about the bonus disc?

22. Bumblebee1983 Bee-otch

I thought it was Cullen voicing it.

Ah, I don't care about the prequel, all I want is the two disk special edition...and I'll be happy.

23. Uniapeg Registered

Yeah, sorry. I meant Frank Welker. Well I just finished watching it. Its okay. They do use a good part of the score music. Its not the same as the written out book that is the prequel. I think its based off the comic version. But still its pretty good.

And it is listed as a second CD, but only as a package deal in Wal-mart that I have found so far. Its not the 2 disc set with all of the extras.

24. Bumblebee1983 Bee-otch

Okay, just had to clarify.No problem.

Wal Mart does suck doing all that, their exclusive DVDs and all that.

25. XXTBWCXX Registered

If you watch the special features, you can hear that little two minute song that was also covering the Transformers theme, that I'm pretty sure is from Linkin Park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.