Transformers theme online

I actually like Linkin Park but, I agree that the song is pretty bland. But, I've heard worst variations of this song. I didn't like hard rock version in the 86 film or any of the themes for Robots in Disguise, Transformers Armada, and Transformers Cybertron.

First off for everyone hating on Trent Reznor who is more than likely one of the most influencial musicians as far as industrial rock and elctronic music goes. Not sure he would work fo a Michael bay flick though...but he can convey power and emotion in his music like no other. The reason I originally said the "Foo Fighters" is because they can convey that cool rock sound without sounding too cheesy! A sound that everyone would love to hear in a Transformers movie!! Anyhow, we know the soundtrack is just there to bring the kids in....So we will have to deal with that! Though just imagining how cool A Trent Reznor composed opening theme would have been..kind of gives me chills. We will deal with the elctronic EMO sounding crap!!

Can't wait for the movie though!!!

First off for everyone hating on Trent Reznor who is more than likely one of the most influencial musicians as far as industrial rock and elctronic music goes. Not sure he would work fo a Michael bay flick though...but he can convey power and emotion in his music like no other. The reason I originally said the "Foo Fighters" is because they can convey that cool rock sound without sounding too cheesy! A sound that everyone would love to hear in a Transformers movie!! Anyhow, we know the soundtrack is just there to bring the kids in....So we will have to deal with that! Though just imagining how cool A Trent Reznor composed opening theme would have been..kind of gives me chills. We will deal with the elctronic EMO sounding crap!!

Can't wait for the movie though!!!

YES! How come I never thought of Foo Fighters before? They would be a perfect addition to the soundtrack. I bet they could even do a remake of the 86 Lion theme song in a cool way.

YES! How come I never thought of Foo Fighters before? They would be a perfect addition to the soundtrack. I bet they could even do a remake of the 86 Lion theme song in a cool way.

There is always the sequel!!!

My pastor unintentionally promoted the transformers movie by briefly mentioning it in his sermon tonight. As for the people who don't like Linkin Park I can understand you feeling this way due to their disappointing 3rd album. However, I surprised that people think their first two albums are crap. The reason I used to like this band was because their sound was unique. I've always had an appreciation for bands that combine multiple styles of music. The following bands have effectively combined jazz, metal, funk, reggae, and hip hop in their music:

Incubus
Linkin Park
Rage Against the Machine
Gorillaz

My pastor unintentionally promoted the transformers movie by briefly mentioning it in his sermon tonight. As for the people who don't like Linkin Park I can understand you feeling this way due to their disappointing 3rd album. However, I surprised that people think their first two albums are crap. The reason I used to like this band was because their sound was unique. I've always had an appreciation for bands that combine multiple styles of music. The following bands have effectively combined jazz, metal, funk, reggae, and hip hop in their music:

Incubus
Linkin Park
Rage Against the Machine
Gorillaz

Meh. Frank Zappa owns ALL of 'em.

But Zappa doesn't do jazz, metal, funk, reggae and hip hop...and he named his kids Moon Unit, Dweezil and Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen. Helloooo.

But Zappa doesn't do jazz, metal, funk, reggae and hip hop...

WHAT? Have you ever LISTENED to any Zappa album? You're talking nonsense. He did all that and more. I guess you only know "Valley Girl".

My pastor unintentionally promoted the transformers movie by briefly mentioning it in his sermon tonight.

Lol. Cool. My pastor was even crazier though. :oldrazz:

Off topic, but:

For the auditorium meeting about confirmation a couple of years back- my very old pastor yelled repeatedly "legalize marajuana"! It was the funniest and coolest thing ever. :up:

Scary part is- I'm serious. He got confused though, thinking about medical and not the drug usage of it... but, he screamed "legalize marajuana" about three times. It was great. Lmaol.

I thought that the fake theme was actually pretty cool. The real one at Mutemath's myspace is pretty good also. And I didn't know Reliant K was on the soundtrack! My brother is probably gonna buy the CD now, because Reliant K is one of our favorite bands (going all back to their garage-band-esque days), and he loves Mutemath. Now if only they'd throw in a track from Anberlin... :D

Their new song is on their myspace already.

It's a cool song- sounds like going through the working gears of a machine due to the amazing sound effects. :up:

Or at least I think it's a new song.

I don't like both of those themes all that much, but if I had to chose I'd probably pick the fake theme.

Yeah I said it sucked, but at least it doesn't make me want to fall asleep.

The alleged "fake" TF theme at Aintitcool is availible for download at the Sector 7 website... So does that mean it really was done by one of the bands on the soundtrack?

Then it has got to be Linkin Park. Or do any other of the bands on the Soundtrack sound similar?

Definitely Linkin Park man, it just- really- sounds like them.

Okay, cool. :)

BTW, is it Reliant K or Julian-K on the soundtrack? I read in Reliant K in one place and Julian-K in another, and now I'm confused. :(

Check Julian-K's myspace... can listen to their song NOW actually.

sooo the mutemath version blows total donkey balls. so i like the "fake" linkin park or whoever it is version

It began okay and then delved into a beatbox rendition of lyrics that apparently receive the adoration of Bay...which I hated. The whole vibe wasn't bad. It was just the really cheesy approach to the lyrics. If it plays in the credits I'll be fine. If it plays in the film I'll be gritting my teeth through it. I can already tell just from a musical standpoint that I might want to run out as quick as possible once the credits come on, taking into consideration that no one part of this film makes me want to leave beforehand...

WHAT? Have you ever LISTENED to any Zappa album? You're talking nonsense. He did all that and more. I guess you only know "Valley Girl".

Frank Zappa did hip hop? Zappa was really jazz oriented but hip hop?

Frank Zappa did hip hop? Zappa was really jazz oriented but hip hop?

He did ONCE, on the Broadway the Hard Way Album. And some people argue that Dinah-Moe Humm's spoken parts are quite rap-py. Makes sense.

This is the strangest collision in the history of myself.

I have been a Mute Math fan since before they were Mute Math. Since they were playing shows to about 20 people in New Orleans.

And now they're doing the friggin' Transformers theme.

I didn't believe it until I heard it. Baaahahahaaaa!

(And oh, you know it owns you. Stop trying to deny it.)

This is the strangest collision in the history of myself.

I have been a Mute Math fan since before they were Mute Math. Since they were playing shows to about 20 people in New Orleans.

And now they're doing the friggin' Transformers theme.

I didn't believe it until I heard it. Baaahahahaaaa!

(And oh, you know it owns you. Stop trying to deny it.)

I used to listen to Earthsuit back in the day, but never got used to them...Mute Math's music seems much more better for me though.

I used to listen to Earthsuit back in the day, but never got used to them...Mute Math's music seems much more better for me though.

What's ironic is, I actually think Earthsuit would have done a more fitting theme - they were retro-androids incarnate, and had Adam LaClave, who was in love with vocoders.

Still, this rendition is far more respectable than anything most other bands would have come up with. Case in point: that gawd-awful nu-metal version that most people here seem to prefer. I mean, seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"