Turok

Its bad. It also said that you're momma was fat. I don't see why you would like it now.

All I had to read about this game was most of the enemies were aliens, not dinosaurs, and that they changed Turok, native american, into Joseph Turok, white-bred space marine. PASS.

The GameTrailers review says it's the first pleasant surprise to 2008 and gave it an 8.3. They say for a Turok game, it's disappointing to have standard weapons but claim that the dinosaurs are still always fun to kill.

i downloaded the demo.. but havent gotten time to play it yet?
is is really good ?

I enjoyed the Demo. I never played any of the old Turok's so I have nothing to compare it to.

All I had to read about this game was most of the enemies were aliens, not dinosaurs, and that they changed Turok, native american, into Joseph Turok, white-bred space marine. PASS.

The enemies in the game are evil soldiers, and there are dinosaurs that constantly come between you. Turok still looks native American in the game, though he is a space-faring soldier this time around.

That's just the era the industry is in right now. Everything is a military space marine.

Just like how in the 80s there were lots of Ninjas.

One day we'll ask "What happened to all those macho space-marine games?"

The died out with the dinosuars.
*Crickets chirp*

^ But it looked so awesome when it happened!

picturezz4.jpg

Gather all the reviews and make your own mind.
After reading some, you´ll realize the cons and pros, because all say basically the same (like in every game or movie, no matter the rating), and they all fall in the 7.0 rating category.
Turok is not in the same league as CoD4, Bioshock or Halo 3, which is a shame, but it´s a decent shooter.
That´s my review, and i haven´t played the game.

Will eventually get it on Ebay.
Good enough for me to buy, not enough to pay full price.

Isildur´s Heir;13972837 said:
Gather all the reviews and make your own mind.
After reading some, you´ll realize the cons and pros, because all say basically the same (like in every game or movie, no matter the rating), and they all fall in the 7.0 rating category.
Turok is not in the same league as CoD4, Bioshock or Halo 3, which is a shame, but it´s a decent shooter.
That´s my review, and i haven´t played the game.

Will eventually get it on Ebay.
Good enough for me to buy, not enough to pay full price.

Cooper Lawrence! :cmad:

thats a lie i own it and have almost beaten it. The campaign is more fun than in COD4. I like to kill dinos(not aliens).
4/5
Here is a lil background I made(by the way I own Halo 3 and CoD4). Halo 3 campaign sucked and I beat it on Legendary and CoD4 was only OK. Turok Campaign is super fun and is more fun than Assassins Creed's, CoD4, Halo 3, and Gears of War.
I made this so I hope you enjoy even if you dont enjoy the game.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh307/colerules2/turok-05-1.jpg

That's just the era the industry is in right now. Everything is a military space marine.

Just like how in the 80s there were lots of Ninjas.

One day we'll ask "What happened to all those macho space-marine games?"

Correctamondo
My favorite of them is, Star War Republic Commando.
Xbox 360= FPS
WII= Sports
PS3= Racing

I downloaded the Demo on Xbox Live and I have to say it was pretty fun to play. The whole concept of having dinosaurs fighting your enemies is freakin cool. Theres a scene where your supposed to take out these soldiers in this crash site and beside them in a little ledge theres some Raptors feeding on some corpse of a Hadrosaur...I shot an arrow at one of the Raptors and he then went after the soldiers for me!

While they were attacking each other, I took out one of the soldiers and then I had to deal with the raptors.

The raptors are extremely vicious in this game and they come out of nowhere to attack you. I have to say theres no better feeling than driving your giant Rambo knife into the Raptor's skull.

The graphics are good and the jungle scenes lush and its easy find hiding places while you cause mayhem between Dinosaurs and baddies.

i want to get this game so bad. i gottaa wait untill i go home for reading week. i was a huge far of the origs. it was funny before i even new about the game i told my friend it would be sick if they made a new turok and then i got a phone call form him a week later telling me it was coming out. i can't wait to play it.

Correctamondo
My favorite of them is, Star War Republic Commando.
Xbox 360= FPS
WII= Sports
PS3= Racing

PS3 isn't racing. Its more of a lesser FPS than that of the 360. And the Wii is more party games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"