Turok

finally got the demo and it's really good compared to the older ones

I saw it at Best Buy yesterday... I thought this was supposed to be released today :huh:

I might pick it up. It looks pretty damn good.

now THAT is a game I would play.
me too.
Isildur´s Heir;13972837 said:
Gather all the reviews and make your own mind.
After reading some, you´ll realize the cons and pros, because all say basically the same (like in every game or movie, no matter the rating), and they all fall in the 7.0 rating category.
Turok is not in the same league as CoD4, Bioshock or Halo 3, which is a shame, but it´s a decent shooter.
That´s my review, and i haven´t played the game.

Will eventually get it on Ebay.
Good enough for me to buy, not enough to pay full price.
I think I'm going to do what your doing. Unless I hear that there is alot of T-rex and dino action. I'm not going to pay full price either.

I find it unintentionally hilarious that Turok is now about a space marine.

He is not space marine. He is a merc, Kinda. He is brought in to help stop a bio terrorist, but at first he is just on the planet to get a guy, they only fight dino's becuase of him.

He is not space marine. He is a merc, Kinda. He is brought in to help stop a bio terrorist, but at first he is just on the planet to get a guy, they only fight dino's becuase of him.

Wow you seem to be a huge fan of this game. Anytime someone says something negative about it you get defensive.

^ But it looked so awesome when it happened!

picturezz4.jpg

DINO RIDERS!!!!!!!!

I loved that cartoon....ive still got the Triceratops and Pteradactyl toys....

As for Turok....I got a free demo disc from my local Game shop and I played it for all of oh lets say 30 minutes and its the worst FPS ive ever played....

I played an older Turok for the Gamecube and it was far superior to this.

Firstly dinosaurs come out of nowhere at random intervals and hit you without any warning or knowledge that theyre there....and you can guarantee an achievement will be 'complete a level without getting hit'

Another annoying thing is his fat mate who, when you search the area for ammo etc, he constantly says 'not that way...up here' every 2 damn seconds...not to mention the controls are slow and lame.

You try stabbing a dinosaur at the speed you slash your knife down and the speed they run at you...not gonna happen.

The graphics on the characters is poor....the guys look menacing if you think that shrek is menacing...thats what his mate looks like and all together this game was poor....

DO NOT BUY IT....buy dino riders instead :D

DINO RIDERS!!!!!!!!

I loved that cartoon....ive still got the Triceratops and Pteradactyl toys....

As for Turok....I got a free demo disc from my local Game shop and I played it for all of oh lets say 30 minutes and its the worst FPS ive ever played....

I played an older Turok for the Gamecube and it was far superior to this.

Firstly dinosaurs come out of nowhere at random intervals and hit you without any warning or knowledge that theyre there....and you can guarantee an achievement will be 'complete a level without getting hit'

Another annoying thing is his fat mate who, when you search the area for ammo etc, he constantly says 'not that way...up here' every 2 damn seconds...not to mention the controls are slow and lame.

You try stabbing a dinosaur at the speed you slash your knife down and the speed they run at you...not gonna happen.

The graphics on the characters is poor....the guys look menacing if you think that shrek is menacing...thats what his mate looks like and all together this game was poor....

DO NOT BUY IT....buy dino riders instead :D

The demo did suck the controls are all messed up and it's very hard compared to the actual game. PS i used to have dino riders
O and the graphics don't suck by any means, you must not a have a high def TV buddy.

you all inspired me to hunt for some old cartoons....im currently waiting on dino riders,visionaries and bionic 6.....i still have toys for dino riders and bionic six but unfortunately i dont have visionaries :(

i think instead of the flag the dinosaur should be in the colours of which ever nation its fighting for...

i mean how do we know dinosaurs were brown and green?

some lizards,snakes and birds are bright colours.....they decended into one of these things so how do we know they were big purple ones with yellow spots?

I've beaten the campaign mode on the game and its off the hook. I played all the other turok games and theyve changed him up a lil making him a more modern native american but hes still true to his old self. Multiplayer sucked! I mean really really sucked! it was disheartening b/c the game had so much potential considering the story line was cool. I was going to buy it until I played the multiplayer but overall I still say it was a fun game.

8/10:bh:

Depends the map for multiplayer. If you only play once you will come up with a bad game most likely and there is sometimes a bad unplayable lag, but with a few update patches most of the problem's with the game will be resolved. P.S. If you suck at FPS Turok is not the game for you.

I got Turok today. I'm loving it so far. I also got a Turok 360 skin as a gift from Wal-mart. I have not put it on my 360 though since I already have a Transformers skin on my 360.

i think instead of the flag the dinosaur should be in the colours of which ever nation its fighting for...

i mean how do we know dinosaurs were brown and green?

some lizards,snakes and birds are bright colours.....they decended into one of these things so how do we know they were big purple ones with yellow spots?

Maybe they looked like this one.

I loved all the T-Rex parts of the game. They done the T-rex perfectly I thought. anyone agree?

The demo did suck the controls are all messed up and it's very hard compared to the actual game. PS i used to have dino riders
O and the graphics don't suck by any means, you must not a have a high def TV buddy.

I dont think a high def tv will stop the graphics being blocky....I would put these graphics on a par with say....tomb raider 2 for the PS1.

:dry:

The graphics might not be quite as good as Uncharted or Gears of War, but I thought they were at least good. :o

I dont think a high def tv will stop the graphics being blocky....I would put these graphics on a par with say....tomb raider 2 for the PS1.
the graphics were not that bad. I thought they were good.

the graphics are better than a lot of xbox 360 games say battlefeild modern combat.

ps on a high def it looks very good in campaign i dont know bout multiplayer but it should be the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"