Twilight of Asgard: the SURTUR thread

PHP:
I could see that happening. If the skull is in Asgard when Hela takes the throne then probably it would be in her interest to bring Surtur back and probably with the "Eternal Flame" he just becomes way more powerful.

We know that Surtur appears 2 different moments in the movie. In the beginning where Thor apparently fights him but he's somehow a different version. And then later on after Sakaar when Surtur is apparently in his prime form. That explains the head being smaller and Thor being able to carry it while in the end it's a whole other level of threat.

Really interesting stuff. So there's much more to this movie than we think at first glance. The hole Mupselheim, Surtur situation is still a bit of a mystery.

Yup.

And the faceplate, makes it seem like whoever wears it is 40-50 feet tall. Conveniently, the same size as that thing in the bts pic.

Surtur is gonna grow when powered up.

The other thing i am still wondering about is if that shot of Hulk lunging at a "prime" Surtur is in Muspelheim or Asgard.

Yup.

And the faceplate, makes it seem like whoever wears it is 40-50 feet tall. Conveniently, the same size as that thing in the bts pic.

Surtur is gonna grow when powered up.

I don't know about 40-50 feets, looks like whatever wears it should be 15-20 feet.

I can't wait to have a better look at Surtur in either form. The "prime" form is surely going to be on of the highlights of the movie for me. And I am also very interested in seeing if the "Twilight" sword is going to be featured... i mean it has too. Fire demons where always something that really interested me like the Balrog... Surtur is just going to be the cherry on the cake.

I can't wait to have a better look at Surtur in either form. The "prime" form is surely going to be on of the highlights of the movie for me. And I am also very interested in seeing if the "Twilight" sword is going to be featured... i mean it has too. Fire demons where always something that really interested me like the Balrog... Surtur is just going to be the cherry on the cake.

Well the sword appears to be in his hand in that toy

Yeah Surtur HAS to have the Twilight Sword in Ragnarok and I hope it's extreme level of power is shown and explained.

And now i also remember that the sword was also shown in that behind the scenes image.

Post a picture of it please.
TWGMFOM.jpg

I don't see a sword.
Look closely to the "photos" in the left. Zoom in and you'll something that resembles very much a sword in several images.

Really interesting stuff. New information from another outlet that was at the set visit.

The concept art for Muspelheim displayed a treacherous, dark location which would be a trying time even for someone with the might of Thor.

"Muspelheim is essentially a Dyson sphere which is an enormous structure around a star," Hennah said. "The premise is this has been here for a long time, and it's coated in the residue of a dying star and it's drawing energy from a dying star. It's populated by demons and dragons and all sorts of creatures. It has internal spaces which are vast."

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/06/thor-ragnarok-set-visit-spoilers-details-/#2

Really interesting stuff. New information from another outlet that was at the set visit.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/06/thor-ragnarok-set-visit-spoilers-details-/#2

Hahaha no way. LokiD (the poster who was run off these boards as having fake insider info, claiming to work for a focus group that saw early concepts) told me back in 2013 Surtur draws power and energy from dying, nearby stars ???? no one else took him seriously, but he must have seen SOME stuff. He just rambled with a lot of guessing.

Also, Surtur fighting Thor in the new tv spotm a 35 foot tall Surtur blasting Thor with fire.

Also, Surtur fighting Thor in the new tv spotm a 35 foot tall Surtur blasting Thor with fire.

Surtur in the image where he is blasting Thor with Fire appears to me to be between 2 to 3 times the size of Thor, so I would Estimate his size to be about 15 Feet if I am correct. In the later part of the Video where Hulk is jumping at Surtur Hulk appears smaller then Surtur' s head. There is roughly 7 Head sizes to the height of average person. So, using that analogy if Hulk is Roughly 8 Ft then Surtur grows to over 56 Ft tall. Like I said though Hulk appears smaller then his head though, so Surtur could even be more like 75 Feet or something. It's hard to tell because of the angle and we don't know exactly how far Hulk is from impacting with Surtur's face. But it is very obvious he grows immensely in the film.

At least that's how I see it.

Surfer

Surtur in the image where he is blasting Thor with Fire appears to me to be between 2 to 3 times the size of Thor, so I would Estimate his size to be about 15 Feet if I am correct. In the later part of the Video where Hulk is jumping at Surtur Hulk appears smaller then Surtur' s head. There is roughly 7 Head sizes to the height of average person. So, using that analogy if Hulk is Roughly 8 Ft then Surtur grows to over 56 Ft tall. Like I said though Hulk appears smaller then his head though, so Surtur could even be more like 75 Feet or something. It's hard to tell because of the angle and we don't know exactly how far Hulk is from impacting with Surtur's face. But it is very obvious he grows immensely in the film.

At least that's how I see it.

Surfer

Well, yes, I've been saying he grows since before the secodlnd trailer was released. This TV spotnhas just confirmed my suspicion that Thor defeats a smaller Surtur, who later grows to full power ;)

Also, I'd say there's distance between his head and Hulk. I'd say he is closer to 100 feat.

I suspect, where Thor defeats him earlier, Hulk very well may get the defeating blow, which is that money shot, perhaps. I don't see what a hammerless Thor can do to Surtur unless they really play up the lightning. But I think Hulk may have the final blow. The way Surtur turns to face Hulk, I'd suspect he's already fighting perhaps Odin and Thor..cues a scream and Surtur turns to Hulk coming flying down at him.

Last edited:
If Hulk defeats Surtur in any way I will walk out of the movie and stop watching Marvel films all together.

Hulk can defeat Fenris, that's enough.

Nothing of the Hulk jumping at Surtur tells me it's "the final blow". It's surely going to be a team effort because Surtur in his prime form is no push over.

I don't know if this is Surtur on his prime form but it doesn't look like it and he is already huge. Still on this he is like 10 times or maybe even more in relation to the height of Thor. They are far apart and Thor is not even in "knee level" from that distance... and Surtur is not standing tall either he is leaning forward... The shot where Hulk jumps at Surtur's face just looks like he is way bigger.

vlcsnap-2017-09-07-23h09m24s519-810x389.png

Last edited:
Finally, the chronology of the movie starts to make sense!

Surtur definitely looks taller than 15 feet, he looks to be about 25 feet tall into.

Hulk at his peak in the 2003 Ang Lee film was exactly 15 feet and he wasn't as tall as Surtur is here.

Surtur definitely looks taller than 15 feet, he looks to be about 25 feet tall into.

Hulk at his peak in the 2003 Ang Lee film was exactly 15 feet and he wasn't as tall as Surtur is here.

I looked at the image again and I think you are about correct with 25 Ft, even considering Thor being bent over he would not quite reach Surtur's knee if he was standing upright. From the foot to the knee goes into the body approximately 3.5 times. So if Thor is like 6'6" then Surtur would be 22'9", but since he is not quite making Surtur's knee it makes sense to round up a little. So yeah 25Ft seems about right.

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"