Two more remakes

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Pictures has hired screenwriter Travis Beacham to pen a remake of the 1981 cult classic Clash of the Titans, says Variety. Basil Iwanyk's Thunder Road is producing.

In 2002, Warners tapped John Glenn and Travis Adam Wright to pen the script. Beacham said he is writing a new script, and that he intends the redo to be darker and more realistic than MGM's "Clash."

The storyline will still revolve around Perseus' journey to save the Princess Andromeda, during which he must complete various tasks set out by Zeus, including capturing Pegasus and slaying Medusa.

The original marked the final film on which Ray Harryhausen did special effects, as well as the last in a string of films he produced with Charles Schneer.

Kyle Newman has signed on to direct Fox Atomic's Revenge of the Nerds, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The film reteams Newman with screenwriter Adam F. Goldberg, who is rewriting the latest "Nerds" incarnation. The pair worked together on Newman's upcoming Fanboys, which will be distributed by The Weinstein Company.

McG and David Manpearl are producing the remake of the seminal teen comedy from 1984.

More proof that from a creative point of view Hollywood is dry as a desert these days

Why remake a classic like 'Clash of the Titans'?! If you want new audiences to see these films re-release them. Don't CGI them up so they become another style over substance film!

i can see chash of the titans working as a remake... better monsters, better effects, not so cheesy, etc...

but, revenge of the nerds? there's no way! they couldn't replace those guys, no way! that movie is pure 80's gold, and that's the way it needs to stay.

The Storm said:
Why remake a classic like 'Clash of the Titans'?! If you want new audiences to see these films re-release them. Don't CGI them up so they become another style over substance film!

uh... the original clash of the titans was a 'style over substance' film... it's the 1981 equivelant of something like... ID4... or something to that effect. that's why it's a perfect candidate for a remake.

cl;ash of the titans needing a remake is like hercules needing steroids

Mr. Credible said:
uh... the original clash of the titans was a 'style over substance' film... it's the 1981 equivelant of something like... ID4... or something to that effect. that's why it's a perfect candidate for a remake.

I think a remake will get lost in the sea of films with effects. I suppose it would update it but why update when there are writers out there that can create something new!

i see waht your saying, but honestly, the original was nothing more, in my opinion, then the 1981 version of a "CGI-fest" only with puppets and claymation. don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but it was primarily a vehicle to showcase their effects

I don't understand why the industry is already doing remakes of 1980s movies.It seems a little too soon for me.

That said, I do support a remake of "Clash" because I'm a special effects guy and couldn't stand the clay-mation action scenes in the original. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like King Kong (2005) though.

I can see a remake of Clash of the Titans. Even though it was iconic, I would like to see what the CGI monsters would look like. If they keep it on the level of LOTR, Gladiator, or Troy it could be a new classic.

But I don't like the idea of redoing Revenge of the Nerds. It was such a product of its time, I don't see how it can be improved upon. It would likely turn into another American Pie: Bandcamp. Or something with a lot of gross-out 'jokes'.

Clash of the Titans is one of my favorite films of all time. Whether the remake is good or bad, that fact will never change.

That being said, i have been thinking about how a remake to this classic would look for years. I think if they keep the same basic story line and 90% of the original monster designs the same, it might actually work. I would love to see the Kraken done with todays effects. Also Calibos still gives me nightmares, it would be interesting to see how they could make him more menacing!

PS film makers: Keep the Andromedda nude scene in there. I had many 'happy ending nights' as a young man dreaming about those delicious buns!

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Clash of the Titans is one of my favorite films of all time. Whether the remake is good or bad, that fact will never change.

That being said, i have been thinking about how a remake to this classic would look for years. I think if they keep the same basic story line and 90% of the original moster designs the same, it might actually work. I would love to see the Kraken done with todays effects. Also Calibos still gives me nightmares, i would be interesting to see how they could make him more menacing!

PS film makers: Keep the Andromedda nude scene in there. I had many 'happy ending nights' as a young man dreaming about those delicious buns!

Summed that all up rather well! I'm excited about this one!

On the other hand, there is no reason to remake Revenge of the Nerds. I just don't understand how they come to these decisions. :confused:

Warner Bros. Pictures has hired screenwriter Travis Beacham to pen a remake of the 1981 cult classic Clash of the Titans, says Variety.
You damn bastards. The last shred of common sense is offically gone from Hollywood. :mad:

ohh so this is clash of the titans.......that film kinda sucked balls.

Clash of the Titans wasn't exactly a god-like masterpiece to begin with and I think a remake could greatly improve upon the really shoddy original.

Russell Crowe for Perseus!
Brian Cox for Zeus!
Indira Varma for Andromedda! :up:

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Russell Crowe for Perseus!
Man_pointing_a_gun_.jpg

Clash of the Titans was a lot better when I was a kid then it is now. I remember watching it last summer and it had been like 10 or so years since I had last seen it and I always remembered it being a lot better than it actually was. I think it can be remade and be a good if not great summer blockbuster. Probably the hardest thing to replace from the original was Burgess Meredith, he was great in the movie and they will need to find a strong character actor with a great voice to replace him.

There really is no point in a revenge of the nerds movie. What's next, Police Academy?

Revenge Of The Nerds, like The Breakfast Club, Dazed And Confused, Sixteen Candles, Heathers, Porky's, Animal House and the king of all teen comedies Fast Times At Ridgemont High, is a product of its time and should not be remade.

As a Lover of Greek Mythology I found the Original to be fun but very unsatisfying. There were too many changes, (the one that bothered me the most was that Zeus Killed King Acrisius and not Perseus) most of them being unnecessary. I would hope that if they ever do a remake, that they follow the myth of Perseus much more closely. It really isn't that hard.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they do this..............................I'll have to hunt them down and make them all suffer :(

I bet a remake of Clash of the Titans would be more dated than the original.

Clint Eastwood does not approve of the current trend of remakes. I agree with Clint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"