Two untitled Marvel films set for summer 2014

I personally feel Cap 2 is too soon for Winter Soldier. The only way I'd want Winter Soldier is if Red Skull comes back in Cap 2 with him. Then we'd only have 1 Cap sequel where characters from the past are brought back to today, and it could have an overall theme of WWII vs Modern times (with Cap, WS, and Skull all adjusting to the modern era in different ways). That Cap 2 I think would work. What I don't want is WS in Cap 2 and Skull in Cap 3, because now Cap just seems to fight threats from the past. Would make them too similar, IMO.

So, either a Skull and WS focused Cap 2 or do something like Zemo/Crossbones for Cap 2 and do Skull/WS in Cap 3. That's my vote.

I personally feel Cap 2 is too soon for Winter Soldier. The only way I'd want Winter Soldier is if Red Skull comes back in Cap 2 with him. Then we'd only have 1 Cap sequel where characters from the past are brought back to today, and it could have an overall theme of WWII vs Modern times (with Cap, WS, and Skull all adjusting to the modern era in different ways). That Cap 2 I think would work. What I don't want is WS in Cap 2 and Skull in Cap 3, because now Cap just seems to fight threats from the past. Would make them too similar, IMO.

So, either a Skull and WS focused Cap 2 or do something like Zemo/Crossbones for Cap 2 and do Skull/WS in Cap 3. That's my vote.

2 is indeed too soon for winter soldier... I'd much rather have Zemo, (or strucker), zola, and faustus..

Zemo is pretty important to introduce I think, and I also wouldn't be opposed to him being a Strucker/Zemo hybrid much like how they combined Whiplash, Titanium Man, and Cryimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2...

but yeah, i'd have zola be a robot, and faustus ends up being cap's psychiatrist to help adjust him into the modern world.. yet sorta brain washes him, and ends up making him relive bucky's death and such.

2 is indeed too soon for winter soldier... I'd much rather have Zemo, (or strucker), zola, and faustus..

Zemo is pretty important to introduce I think, and I also wouldn't be opposed to him being a Strucker/Zemo hybrid much like how they combined Whiplash, Titanium Man, and Cryimson Dynamo in Iron Man 2...

but yeah, i'd have zola be a robot, and faustus ends up being cap's psychiatrist to help adjust him into the modern world.. yet sorta brain washes him, and ends up making him relive bucky's death and such.

Sounds good to me.
Plus, if they did a Zemo (with shades of Strucker) hybrid, they could go ahead and introduce the modern HYDRA as an important element of the MCU.

Keep in mind that post-Avengers they need to establish a reason why these characters wouldn't just call in favors. If you're cap and Zemo shows up, and the audience knows you can send Thor a text to swing by, you have to tell them why they wouldn't.

Personally, I think a variation of the recent Ultimate Captain America storyline with Nuke would make for a cool second movie, it plays very strongly to the Man out of Time theme, and the fact that Nuke received/is a perversion of the very same treatment that made Captain America who he is can be played as personally offensive to him. It would be awesome to see Cap fighting in the jungle as well.

Then I say for the third movie bring in Zemo and Winter Soldier to remind us that Cap's past is still haunting him.

This way you get to see Cap become a hero, you get to see him question his place in this new world, and you get to see him haunted, broken and then finally triumph over his past.

Yeah, but that can be done without Ultimate characters. I don't ever want to see "Nuke" win out over classic 616 characters.

Yeah, but that can be done without Ultimate characters. I don't ever want to see "Nuke" win out over classic 616 characters.

Yeah, when you've got Zemo, Strucker and HYDRA, Viper and the Serpent Society, Skully and Crossbones, Zola, Faustus, Super Adaptoid, Batroc's Brigade and even goofy old MODOK in the rogues' gallery, I'd rank Nuke wayyyy down there at about Captain America 24 or so (coming to theaters May 2097).

Keep in mind that post-Avengers they need to establish a reason why these characters wouldn't just call in favors. If you're cap and Zemo shows up, and the audience knows you can send Thor a text to swing by, you have to tell them why they wouldn't.

I don't see why it'd be hard to have the Avengers having their own solo adventures without GA asking about the whereabouts of other Avengers. They can just show that, at the end of the movie The Avengers, they all went back to their separate paths, and live their own lives until Fury called them again. And when the moviegoers went to see the Iron Man 3, they will be expecting to see IM, not Thor or Cap or any other superheroes.

Last edited:
I don't see why it'd be hard to have the Avengers having their own solo adventures without GA asking about the whereabouts of other Avengers. They can just show that, at the end of the movie The Avengers, they all went back to their separate paths, and live their own lifes until Fury called them again. And when the moviegoers went to see the Iron Man 3, they will be expecting to see IM, not Thor or Cap or any other superheroes.

this... and the fact that they've all got there own villains and all could be busy dealing with them. Why can't things be just like the comics? where they all have there own personal stuff to deal with, but when something major happens, they ban back together to take it head on.

it's not like we send in the army to take down a bank robber....

not to mention that the events in the sequels post-Avengers may happen simultanously, like Thor and TIH happend during IM2, so there is not much time for other avengers to show up when they are preoccupied in their own adventures

I think now that the Avengers is happening, we can now see the individual heroes in their respected sequels handle a larger threat.
I feel like while all of the individual movies were great, they seemed more small on scale of how big the threat is, with CA:tfa being the biggest with the hydra threat that almost happened.
But now I want to see Thor take on a really big scale threat in asgard, and have hulk ultimately save the world, and so on and so forth.
But idk, maybe it's just me that feels this way.

I think now that the Avengers is happening, we can now see the individual heroes in their respected sequels handle a larger threat.
I feel like while all of the individual movies were great, they seemed more small on scale of how big the threat is, with CA:tfa being the biggest with the hydra threat that almost happened.
But now I want to see Thor take on a really big scale threat in asgard, and have hulk ultimately save the world, and so on and so forth.
But idk, maybe it's just me that feels this way.

the problem is if you keep "upping" the threats... you're going to eventually write yourself in a hole...

the problem is if you keep "upping" the threats... you're going to eventually write yourself in a hole...

Yeah, if someone like Hulk can single-handedly save the world by himself, why would he need anybody else from Avengers to help him? And if they do make a sequel for The Avengers, and anyone on the team can already save the world without assistance, will they then need to save the entire galaxy so the audience won't get bored? Eventually they will just paint themselves into a corner where they can't get out.

Yeah I know. That's why I really respect what marvel has done so far. And I believe they'll keep up the good work.

Captain America vs Hydra
Iron Man vs Ten Rings\Maggia
Ant Man\Wasp vs AIM

Hope it gets the May release. I'd like to see him take on Zemo with Crossbones and Batroc as henchmen.
I think the June release near the 4th. I thought CAP1 was going to get that weekend til TF3 got it.

So it's 99% guaranteed that one of the 2 2014 movies are Captain America 2.

Its definitely Cap 2 in 2014, thats already been confirmed (though a firm release date hasn't been announced, understandable since its 2 1/2 years away at least).

Dr. Strange would be interesting, I just wonder if they'll make an attempt to tie it in with Avengers/MCU, or have it as its own little universe.

It wasn't 'confirmed'. It's what Evans thought it would be.

What IS confirmed is that there will be at LEAST 3 Marvel films in 2014. If Fox makes a move with Wolverine or a First Class sequel, maybe even 4. Maybe DC will have a film that year too, and make it a good five superhero films.

im looking forwrd to fansicfour reboot.i think it would beawosme.

My goodness.

Im really hoping tih2 is the other 2014 movie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"