Ultimate Fighter

I was so pissed off that Jorge lost to Jason

the only reason it even happened was because of Jorge's knee

I'm really just waiting for Rich Franklin to punch Matt Hughes in the face for being such a ****

You have to give some credit to Jason. He won that fight because of his striking. Jorges knee might have stopped him from moving around, but theres other stuff he could have done to not get hit as much.

Jason Blood said:
I was so pissed off that Jorge lost to Jason

the only reason it even happened was because of Jorge's knee

I'm really just waiting for Rich Franklin to punch Matt Hughes in the face for being such a ****
Exactly the way I feel. If Jorge was at full health, I'm sure this fight would have been cake for him. Guy looked more distracted with his knee than anything else. Wasn't dodging blows or anything. Just stood there throwin em.

Awesome fight, I was waiting to see a good fight on this season, The first season had a lot of good ones and this season was starting get boring but I am pleased for now. I think Jorge lost because he was outclassed, they said he had come up from 155 to fight on this show and I think that is what hurt his striking, it seemed like he ran out of gas in the end of the 2nd and 3rd round, although he did make a good effort to try and come back at the very end.

If you do BJJ using your legs for submissions is important

if your knee is hurt as bad as his was, you can't hold on that well

Exactly.:up: God damn did he put up a good fight though. Any other guy would have just been down and out of there.

Maybe Jorge will get a chance to come back the way Leban did last season. It does suck that he lost though, I was rooting for him all the way and it was a hell of a fight.

GLfan said:
Maybe Jorge will get a chance to come back the way Leban did last season. It does suck that he lost though, I was rooting for him all the way and it was a hell of a fight.

I think we'll see all these guys fight agian. Just like the way they did last time. Maybe we will see Jorge fight Melvin.

Good fight tonight. The smaller guy did an awesome kick

The best part about that fight was that kick. I have never actually seen a spin kick(dont know what its called) work. I didnt even watch most of the fight. I wanted the other guy to win, but from what I saw he didnt do a lot.

What are those thing they wear around their necks?

Crrrazy good fight last night. Rarely see a spinning anything connect but that hook kick was...wow. And the roundhouse the tall guy gave to his head that knocked him down was sweet too. This fight was just...off the wall. Best fight so far. Easily. :up:

And those combos were crazy good. Finally, someone who remembers that there are KICKS in the martial arts. They're your longest reach. You'd think that'd be the first thing they go for. But hey, maybe they're not that fast in that department. To me the punches are riskier though. When doing one properly, you kind of lean in and if you miss, and sometimes even when you connect, you better be able to counter quick 'cause your face is wide open.

Why dont body punches work as well in the UFC as they do in Boxing? It seems like when the fighters are on the ground one of them is always hitting the others body, but it doesnt seem to do much. But in Boxing body punches seem to usually have a long lasting effect on the boxer. There must be something I'm not thinking of. Can anyone explain this to me?

When you're on the ground you don't have the leverage to throw really hard punches so when they are punching to the body on the ground it is mainly to score points and distract the other fighter. In the last UFC event Nate Quarry knocked a guy out with a punch to the body while they were standing. He hit him right in the gut and the other guy just slumped over and the fight was over.

newmexneon said:
When you're on the ground you don't have the leverage to throw really hard punches so when they are punching to the body on the ground it is mainly to score points and distract the other fighter. In the last UFC event Nate Quarry knocked a guy out with a punch to the body while they were standing. He hit him right in the gut and the other guy just slumped over and the fight was over.

Yeah I remember that fight. Its the only time I've seen a UFC fight end like from a body punch.

Yes he is. That fight was bad-ass I couldn't believe how much punishment Anthony was able to take and still fight back. That straight kick to the face at the end of the match was brutal, I couldn't believe that Anthony was still standing after it.

Luke impressed me a lot and Anthony didnt at all. I thought it was going to be a real good fight. But It seemed to be one sided. I am hoping that Luke fights Jason next.

The nerd totally kicked the "cool guy's" ass.....a victory for nerds everywhere.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
The nerd totally kicked the "cool guy's" ass.....a victory for nerds everywhere.

lol, I wanted him to win more after he said he reads comics.

I'd like for Rashaad and Luke to win it all. I love seeing Rashaad proove Matt wrong.

Wow. I thought Mike was gonna be real aggressive, but he was the exact opposite of that. Do you guys think its something that Rashad does in the ring to make the other fighter not be aggressive?

He's good against takedowns. When he does get taken down, he always seems to land in a way that he can easily recover. He's unorthodox also.

Once again Rashad proves himself, and another one of Matt's heavyweights gets cold feet. Maybe Matt is putting to much pressure on his fighter's. They seem to be more worried about not losing and avoiding confrontation rather than doing anything they can to win and being more aggresive. Mike seemed like he was trying way to hard to not get knocked out rather than going in and trading punches.

Rahad did look a lot better this fight. I dont think its Matts fault, because all of his welter weights have won(I think).

Is it a welter or a heavy weight coming back next week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"