The Amazing Spider-Man Uncle Ben's Killer

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
There is a lot of controversy with Peter not finding his Uncle Ben's killer in the film. After that argument with Captain Stacey, he stopped looking for him at all, and there is no reference to the killer until the end of the movie. We see his Wanted poster in Peter's wall, while Uncle Ben's message is playing, which says:

"Ever since you were a little boy, you have been living with so many unresolved things. Those things send us down a road. They make us who we are."

I think this confirms that in the next film, Peter will find his Uncle Ben's killer. However, if they didn't just resolve it in this film, there has to be more to it than him one day running into the killer and turning him into the Police. There has to be more to this that they are planning for, but what is it?

This thread is to come up with different theories about Uncle Ben's killer. Here are a few:

• Peter will simply find him one day and decide whether or not to kill him, testing his responsibility. Ultimately, he will turn him into the police.
  • The killer will turn out to be a henchman for the crime lord known as "Kingpin."
  • He will have some connection to his parents
  • He will have some connection to Norman Osborn
  • Peter will never find him and we will probably never see Uncle Ben's killer again, except maybe through flashback.

Can't think of anything else right now, but please share your ideas! I look forward to hearing them!

He will probably kill Gewn Stacy too for good measure. And Peter will let him go, again.

He will probably kill Gewn Stacy too for good measure. And Peter will let him go, again.
No... I really doubt that. Gwen's death is too iconic to have Uncle Ben's killer kill her.

Let him go?

Yeah, I suppose one normal thug is more of a threat than a monster man-lizard that's threatening the entire city. How stupid of Peter!

They could have Goblin trying to get Peter on his side again. Maybe offering him Uncle Ben's killer, pushing him to exact his revenge.

They could have Goblin trying to get Peter on his side again. Maybe offering him Uncle Ben's killer, pushing him to exact his revenge.
Goblin could say something like, "Hey, Peter. You couldn't find your Uncle Ben's killer, but here he is. Right here in front of you. What do you want to do, "Spider-Man?" Make the right choice. Avenge the death of your Uncle!"

I'm not even sure if Peter will find the killer later on in the sequels.

If Peter moved his focus unto Lizard, then Peter can easily lose his focus on finding the killer when the next big villain shows up and it'll only be an endless cycle unless the killer turns into some kind of villain.

If Peter moved his focus unto Lizard, then Peter can easily lose his focus on finding the killer when the next big villain shows up and it'll only be an endless cycle unless the killer turns into some kind of villain.

Peter's focus on the killer was not lost as seen in the final shots of the movie and it only moved to the Lizard because he "created him" and felt it was his responsibility to stop him.

I agree. It's going to pop up at some point. It's definitely not a coincidence that Ben is talking about "unresolved things" and we happen to see a picture of Ben's killer's wanted poster and a picture of Peter's parents.

Priorities man. Why would Peter continue his personal vendetta while more innocent people are threatened by a beast only Spider-Man could stop?

I love the fact that he doesn't say "I'm Spider-Man" in the film until after he has put himself in harms way for the sake of saving others.

I believe Uncle Ben's killer will be found and confronted in the next film. But I don't think killing the guy will cross Peter's mind.

The killer? You mean... Quentin Beck?

Haha.

I actually think Peter somehow unintentionally will meet the killer at the end of ASM3.

I actually think Peter somehow unintentionally will meet the killer at the end of ASM3.
I agree, now that I think about it. I mean, during the interviews, it seemed like Marc Webb and co. were talking about creating a new universe from the ground up, so I think that it is likely that they have a loose plan for the entire series that would include things like Uncle Ben's killer. Plus the ending where the wanted poster is shown makes it seem like it won't just be dropped.

Of course it won't be dropped, it's just silly of people to think it will.

To have Peter meet the killer at the end of ASM3 would tie the sack together very nicely.

Peter's focus on the killer was not lost as seen in the final shots of the movie and it only moved to the Lizard because he "created him" and felt it was his responsibility to stop him.

But with Electro being in the sequel, Peter could feel some kind of responsibility over him as well, I wouldn't doubt it. And it could take away Peter's focus again.

But with Electro being in the sequel, Peter could feel some kind of responsibility over him as well, I wouldn't doubt it. And it could take away Peter's focus again.

And while I do not doubt Peter will obviously be out to fight/stop Electro at some point, Electro will most likely not become a threat until the movie has developed. There will be time for Peter to continue his search.

I agree. It's going to pop up at some point. It's definitely not a coincidence that Ben is talking about "unresolved things" and we happen to see a picture of Ben's killer's wanted poster and a picture of Peter's parents.
:up:
Priorities man. Why would Peter continue his personal vendetta while more innocent people are threatened by a beast only Spider-Man could stop?

I love the fact that he doesn't say "I'm Spider-Man" in the film until after he has put himself in harms way for the sake of saving others.

I believe Uncle Ben's killer will be found and confronted in the next film. But I don't think killing the guy will cross Peter's mind.
Exactly.

Like at the end of the trilogy, after dealing with becoming Spider-Man, the death of his uncle, fighting Electro, green goblin, etc., now it all comes down to his Uncle Ben's killer. He has finally found him... but the test of his responsibility truly begins here. I think that could really be amazing if done right. Like the entire trilogy is the story of Peter becoming Spider-Man, which goes beyond him getting his powers & finding the killer like in Spider-Man 1. Then they could go on to make more films if they wish.

To have Peter meet the killer at the end of ASM3 would tie the sack together very nicely.

Last edited:

That's what I loved in the film. Really added so much to Peter IMO. Before his dinner with the Staceys, that's all he did. Hunt down Bens killer. Then when he says to Capt Stacey that spidey stands for what the cops stand for, he brought home some truths, and you saw Pete was really thinking about what he was saying.

And then, he acts the hero, saves the boy. And did you see that moment with the father and son and the shot of spidey looking on, lowering his head slightly?

And then to see him in his room, looing at the mask, finally understanding that with great power comes great responsibility... I WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN NOW lol

At the very end of the film? How come you say that?

Think he'd let him go or what?

What Picard says down there.

Not sure about letting him go or not, but it should be the moment that REALLY proves how much Peter has matured throughout the trilogy. It depends on what the situation is like. If Peter in costume finds the killer, yes he should turn him in. If it's only Peter himself, he should let him go. I'd prefer that latter, because I want Peter to stumble upon the killer when he least expect it, when he's out of costume and all that. The killer would also be like "Hey, you were that guy in the store!" so they would recognise each other. Peter would have the opportunity to save him or letting him die or something like that.

Cliché as hell? Yes, but if done right it could be a very magical and important scene.

I've already said this before but I actually liked how Peter forgave Sandman and let him go. If one takes the deleted scenes in mind, that made so much sense and was actually something beautiful. Too bad Sony cut out those important scenes so that most of it felt weird to most people.

I wouldn't be surprised in seeing the killer become a villain known in Spidey's rogue gallery, though.

One would hope Arad has learned from that mistake. Sandman being the killer upset ALOT of people, that can't go unnoticed. If the killer ends up being Shocker, Mysterio, whatever I'm gonna get even more pissed than when Sandman accidentally killed Ben.

Exactly.

Like at the end of the trilogy, after dealing with becoming Spider-Man, the death of his uncle, fighting Electro, green goblin, etc., now it all comes down to his Uncle Ben's killer. He has finally found him... but the test of his responsibility truly begins here. I think that could really be amazing if done right. Like the entire trilogy is the story of Peter becoming Spider-Man, which goes beyond him getting his powers & finding the killer like in Spider-Man 1. Then they could go on to make more films if they wish.

^This! Great way to describe it!

That's what I loved in the film. Really added so much to Peter IMO. Before his dinner with the Staceys, that's all he did. Hunt down Bens killer. Then when he says to Capt Stacey that spidey stands for what the cops stand for, he brought home some truths, and you saw Pete was really thinking about what he was saying.

And then, he acts the hero, saves the boy. And did you see that moment with the father and son and the shot of spidey looking on, lowering his head slightly?

And then to see him in his room, looing at the mask, finally understanding that with great power comes great responsibility... I WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN NOW lol

Exactly! I love the subtle brilliance in this film!

Well said. And now I am wanting to watch the movie again too. lol

And while I do not doubt Peter will obviously be out to fight/stop Electro at some point, Electro will most likely not become a threat until the movie has developed. There will be time for Peter to continue his search.

Perhaps you're right, but Peter could be out doing his usual saving old women from purse snatchers routine since he's not really on some vendetta anymore after Captain Stacy's speech.

What Picard says down there.

Not sure about letting him go or not, but it should be the moment that REALLY proves how much Peter has matured throughout the trilogy. It depends on what the situation is like. If Peter in costume finds the killer, yes he should turn him in. If it's only Peter himself, he should let him go. I'd prefer that latter, because I want Peter to stumble upon the killer when he least expect it, when he's out of costume and all that. The killer would also be like "Hey, you were that guy in the store!" so they would recognise each other. Peter would have the opportunity to save him or letting him die or something like that.

Cliché as hell? Yes, but if done right it could be a very magical and important scene.

I've already said this before but I actually liked how Peter forgave Sandman and let him go. If one takes the deleted scenes in mind, that made so much sense and was actually something beautiful. Too bad Sony cut out those important scenes so that most of it felt weird to most people.

Maybe very cliche, but name a CBM that isn't at times, lol. Although, I would not be surprised Webb has his Peter let the killer go as well.

One would hope Arad has learned from that mistake. Sandman being the killer upset ALOT of people, that can't go unnoticed. If the killer ends up being Shocker, Mysterio, whatever I'm gonna get even more pissed than when Sandman accidentally killed Ben.

If Flint Marko was the killer from the very beginning and turned into Sandman, people would be less upset, imo, because TSSM did it so well with having Uncle Ben's killer being Black Cat's father from the beginning and no one really complained over that, so if the real killer ends up becoming a villain, I don't see any fuss. It's the retcon people seem to be much more upset about and it's the reason I am upset about Marko being the killer, the retcon only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"