Revenge of the Fallen Unicron

I think he should be there.
Autobots and Decepticons would team-up to defeat him.
kinda like X-2.
Transformers 3 would be the final war between Autobots and Decepticons.

In all likelihood Unicron (as we know it) will never appear in the current Transformers live action franchise. And good riddance too. It doesn't take much wondering to figure out that very little characterisation can be given to a planetoid that roams the galaxy gobbling up everything in its path. You'd have practically zero interaction with all the 'little' transformers on the ground and some stupid plot finale where someone creates a diversion while someone else flies inside to upload the computer virus (or something equally banal).

I'm all for seeing an exciting one on one with Optimus Prime versus Megatron or a chaotic melee with three on three etc. Not everyone versus a metal asteroid. It would be as riveting as watching Jet Li performing martial arts on a volcano! :whatever:

Where Unicron belongs is back in the 80's in a cheesy cartoon where small handguns can transform into giant robots and people have silly names like Sparkplug and Spike.

:up: 100%

Not everything in the comics or cartoon needs to, or should, show up in the live action. Unicron just doesn't have a place.

I still think he could fit very well into this universe but hey, that's just me. He wouldn't have to be as giant as he was in the cartoon but he could still be huge. I'm sure that if Bay wanted to use him he could come up with something interesting for Unicron to do.

In all likelihood Unicron (as we know it) will never appear in the current Transformers live action franchise. And good riddance too. It doesn't take much wondering to figure out that very little characterisation can be given to a planetoid that roams the galaxy gobbling up everything in its path. You'd have practically zero interaction with all the 'little' transformers on the ground and some stupid plot finale where someone creates a diversion while someone else flies inside to upload the computer virus (or something equally banal).

I'm all for seeing an exciting one on one with Optimus Prime versus Megatron or a chaotic melee with three on three etc. Not everyone versus a metal asteroid. It would be as riveting as watching Jet Li performing martial arts on a volcano! :whatever:

Where Unicron belongs is back in the 80's in a cheesy cartoon where small handguns can transform into giant robots and people have silly names like Sparkplug and Spike.

I still have faith that Unicron might be able to be used in a live action movie given the proper setting. He doesn't even need to be in the form of a giant planet sized Transformer. He could just be in the history, as in the comics where he is a diety of sorts. I, personally, love that explanation of how the Transformers came to be...though I'm sure Hollywood can find some way to jack that up ala the Allspark.

I actually want to see Giant Unicron but his size would definitely need to be cut down for the movie.

I still have faith that Unicron might be able to be used in a live action movie given the proper setting. He doesn't even need to be in the form of a giant planet sized Transformer. He could just be in the history, as in the comics where he is a diety of sorts. I, personally, love that explanation of how the Transformers came to be...though I'm sure Hollywood can find some way to jack that up ala the Allspark.

If they take that direction they should probably include Primus in there as well.

If they take that direction they should probably include Primus in there as well.

Definitely...a nice flashback of Primus fighting Unicron. Sort of like at the beginning of Return of the King when you saw Smeagol fighting that other hobbit. A nice short flashback but it set up the tone of the movie perfectly. :up:

I don't think both of them would be able to be adapted in one movie because they are both too huge. I could only see them both being in the movie if they were scaled down so that they are actually able to walk around on Earth & fight each other.

I would've ended up going to that website eventually anyway, that's how I learned more about Unicron & the other Transformers.

No. He's too damn big. See, as big as all of the other Transformers are (put together I might add) They cannot be seen from space. And to see them fighting something that size, well, it would be like watching them fight Earth. It's impossible to show something that size in relation to these established characters. For reference, see Rise of the Silver Surfer. Leave Unicron out of these movies.

I'm sure he could be scaled down where he's small enough to actually fit on Earth.

No. He's too damn big. See, as big as all of the other Transformers are (put together I might add) They cannot be seen from space. And to see them fighting something that size, well, it would be like watching them fight Earth. It's impossible to show something that size in relation to these established characters. For reference, see Rise of the Silver Surfer. Leave Unicron out of these movies.

If they use him and Primus in a flashback type scene to establish the origins of the Transformers like in the Marvel comics...the it would fit.

Anything can be done on screen. That's what movies are for...to make the impossible seem possible.

I'm sure he could be scaled down where he's small enough to actually fit on Earth.

Then that would be pointless in showing him. I remember the first time I saw Unicron transform in the animated movie all those years ago and thought "bloody hell that guy is effin huge". To scale him down would loose that awesome factor, not to mention the somewhat impossible task of destroying him.

No, No, No, hell no to Unicron, I loved him the animated movie, but in a real movie. Its just too soon. If transformers became like starwars and this was the 5th or 6th movie then maybe yeah. There so much more story and characters to add in, than just jumping straight to Unicron. The need to add in some of the combiners and some of the animal transformers and characters like Astrotrain or big ships and planes and triple changers. Boy I hope bay doesn't F up this series.

Animal transformers would be the worst thing any of the writers or Bay could do to this movie series.

Then that would be pointless in showing him. I remember the first time I saw Unicron transform in the animated movie all those years ago and thought "bloody hell that guy is effin huge". To scale him down would loose that awesome factor, not to mention the somewhat impossible task of destroying him.

Well, if they aren't going to scale down his size, I guess Bay & crew should just wait until the third or fourth movie to introduce Unicron. I want it to happen somewhat like it happens in the animated movie where Galvatron threatons Unicron.

If they use him and Primus in a flashback type scene to establish the origins of the Transformers like in the Marvel comics...the it would fit.

Anything can be done on screen. That's what movies are for...to make the impossible seem possible.
Yes, you have a point there. Just be prepared for something like the Galactus we got in FF2. But, in a flashback, without using other Transformers, they could work. But I still say leave him out.

As I've said earlier, nothing will always be like just in the comics. A few changes here or there isn't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"